Nerf MM Hunters

Arenas
How has no one looked at hunters yet? They're like melee, but without the disadvantages of being melee. They have a ranged stun, many uninterruptable ccs, and can shred you from 40 yards away. Honestly, how is this okay? Hunters should have a cast time on their cc and have their cc be interruptable, or have their cc all be melee and reduced range on their damaging abilities (15 yards). Either of these would bring them more in line with the rest of the game.
I really don't think that MM hunters are that bad.

There's one on the front page of the ladder, and I think he also plays survival (higher then when playing jungle??).
Mm hunters are not even that good ATM god you're an idiot
You’re right, I think Hunter’s definitely need to be looked at, and I have some ideas on how they could be better!

- Instead of generating focus with arcane shot or sidewinders, maybe there should be a castable, but you can move during it, focus generator. We’ll call it steady shot, or something. Have arcane shot be a focus dump to compensate
- Let’s just get rid of sidewinders altogether
- Hunters are kind of lacking in the “magic” department so maybe give them an instant ability that isn’t affected by armor on a 9 second cooldown that does good, siazeable damage on a crit. Call it Chimera Shot
- With the removal of sidewinders, I think we’ll need something, maybe an execute, to compensate. Kill shot has a nice ring to it, and if it doesn’t kill, make it available to use again
- Aim shots are kind of bland, what if we made a proc where if you use this new steady shot, you would get a buff that would eventually give you an instant Aim Shot! Could replace lock and load, and then that way Black Arrow can be used in your arsenal! Call it “Ready, Aim, Fire”
- Bursting Shot CC is so unreliable, just replace it with Scatter Shot, and call it a day. Maybe have an arm time for traps or something to compensate

I’m sure there are other ways to fix hunter but I think these are some solid ideas on how to fix the MM spec!
10/23/2017 10:32 AMPosted by Shotsfired
You’re right, I think Hunter’s definitely need to be looked at, and I have some ideas on how they could be better!

- Instead of generating focus with arcane shot or sidewinders, maybe there should be a castable, but you can move during it, focus generator. We’ll call it steady shot, or something. Have arcane shot be a focus dump to compensate
- Let’s just get rid of sidewinders altogether
- Hunters are kind of lacking in the “magic” department so maybe give them an instant ability that isn’t affected by armor on a 9 second cooldown that does good, siazeable damage on a crit. Call it Chimera Shot
- With the removal of sidewinders, I think we’ll need something, maybe an execute, to compensate. Kill shot has a nice ring to it, and if it doesn’t kill, make it available to use again
- Aim shots are kind of bland, what if we made a proc where if you use this new steady shot, you would get a buff that would eventually give you an instant Aim Shot! Could replace lock and load, and then that way Black Arrow can be used in your arsenal! Call it “Ready, Aim, Fire”
- Bursting Shot CC is so unreliable, just replace it with Scatter Shot, and call it a day. Maybe have an arm time for traps or something to compensate

I’m sure there are other ways to fix hunter but I think these are some solid ideas on how to fix the MM spec!

This would never work, but nice try armchair dev.
10/23/2017 10:11 AMPosted by Ryutiz
nerf yourself idiot
Another biased hunter not capable of objectively looking at his class. Thinks instant polymorph is okay rofl. I hope you're just ignorant and not seriously defending the design of this class.

10/23/2017 10:13 AMPosted by Sürval
Hunters getting their jimmies rustled left and right. I didn't speak to if the class was overpowered. Just the busted mechanics. Kind of like how everyone jumped on someone's case when they said holy priest had bs mechanics, then they got buffed and everyone agreed that they're obnoxious.

Both you guys need to take a step back and look at your class objectively. Remove your bias for a moment and look at the other side.
Make KFC great again.
Another biased hunter not capable of objectively looking at his class. Thinks instant polymorph is okay rofl. I hope you're just ignorant and not seriously defending the design of this class.

Maybe when you actually get good at this game I can take you seriously
10/23/2017 11:11 AMPosted by Ryutiz

Maybe when you actually get good at this game I can take you seriously

ROFL okay buddy. I literally leveled this hunter in wod and got 2k in a week of hitting 100. This class is legit braindead easy. I bet you played ret hunter and think you're some kind of god for being able to click trap from 30 yards away on a hoj'd healer while you unload your damage rotation on the target, all while incapable of being interrupted. And I'm the one who can't be taken seriously, lol
Hunter with WoD elite gear? ✔

WoD elite gear attainable when survival was ranged and had 12 (20 post-nerf) second cd on traps? ✔

Hunter traps can be missed, grounded, reflected, and reverse magic as well as dispelled? ✔

Claiming Hunters have broken damage while completely ignoring the existence of pillars and the distinct lack of strong defensives on Hunters? ✔

Failing to notice the duration of Binding Shot and how useless it actually is + Wyvern Sting has a cast time and can be removed by any spec that can remove poisons, such as Druids? ✔✔

Claiming Hunters are overpowered in a season where their representation is the all-time lowest it's ever been? ✔

While suggesting things that would completely kill the entire class and remove an entire trio of specs from any representation in PVP period? ✔

Nothing of importance to see here. Move along.
lol nerf what?
You all are being baited so hard holy !@#$
10/23/2017 11:31 AMPosted by Karie
Hunter with WoD elite gear? ✔
ya literally got it in a week cuz this class is so ez

WoD elite gear attainable when survival was ranged and had 12 (20 post-nerf) second cd on traps? ✔
didn't have a 12 sec cd in s3, the season that this gear is. I just pressed it every 30 seconds when my ret hoj'd the healer and we facerolled our way to victory

Hunter traps can be missed, grounded, reflected, and reverse magic as well as dispelled? ✔
Polymorph has all of those weaknesses except you can actually stop it from happening.

Claiming Hunters have broken damage while completely ignoring the existence of pillars and the distinct lack of strong defensives on Hunters?
Strawmanning me and saying I complained about their damage when in reality I complained about mechanics? ✔

Like dude, you see a nerf thread and assume it's talking damage instantly. Your bias is showing so hard.

Failing to notice the duration of Binding Shot and how useless it actually is + Wyvern Sting has a cast time and can be removed by any spec that can remove poisons, such as Druids?
Failing to address that hunters have an instant ranged stun with no cost that can affect multiple targets and bringing up other uninterruptible cc that I didn't even mention? ✔

Claiming Hunters are overpowered in a season where their representation is the all-time lowest it's ever been? ✔
See this right here just speaks to my point. Right now their representation is lowest, and their damage isn't overpowered. When they do get damage buffs, they become unstoppable gods and people start getting free glad titles like in s3. If you want hunters to have damage and be scary, my changes need to go through.

suggesting things that would completely kill the entire class and remove an entire trio of specs from any representation in PVP period?
Right, nerfing MM hunters specifically would somehow for some reason I don't know magically make the other two specs unplayable. I know reading's hard, buddy, but you have to practice to get better.
Hunters are fine and jungle is really good, problem is that the comps they struggle vs are tier 1 this season.

They definitely don't need a nerf, even if it is mechanics (really stupid change for this point in the expansion)
10/23/2017 10:56 AMPosted by Ventura
10/23/2017 10:11 AMPosted by Ryutiz
nerf yourself idiot

10/23/2017 10:13 AMPosted by Sürval
Hunters getting their jimmies rustled left and right. I didn't speak to if the class was overpowered. Just the busted mechanics. Kind of like how everyone jumped on someone's case when they said holy priest had bs mechanics, then they got buffed and everyone agreed that they're obnoxious.

Both you guys need to take a step back and look at your class objectively. Remove your bias for a moment and look at the other side.

You are seriously a moron... mm hunters or any hunter spec for that matter is not the problem with PvP. Frost did, demon Hunter, and blink polys are not to mention all the effortless 0 to 100 damage a lot of classes have now a days.
I just noticed you're an arena master... Jesus that makes me lose any little bit of faith I have left in this game if a retarded chimp like you can achieve that... hopefully you bought it...
10/23/2017 06:47 PMPosted by Hypëriøn
You are seriously a moron... mm hunters or any hunter spec for that matter is not the problem with PvP. Frost did, demon Hunter, and blink polys are not to mention all the effortless 0 to 100 damage a lot of classes have now a days.
Sure those things are problems, but I can interrupt polymorph. Hunters literally cannot be stopped on their damage or cc like a melee, but they have the added benefit of being ranged as well. How is this okay? I'll tell you. It isn't.

10/23/2017 06:49 PMPosted by Hypëriøn
I just noticed you're an arena master... Jesus that makes me lose any little bit of faith I have left in this game if a retarded chimp like you can achieve that... hopefully you bought it...
It was honestly the easiest thing I've ever done. The fact that you think it's such a great feat shows your ignorance.
Yeah i'm gonna post this on my lvl 100 hunter to make my point valid.