Does it get better?

Warrior
I'm 877 ilvl with no legendaries. I know my gear needs lots of work but does being a warrior get better? I tend to get wrecked more than doing the wrecking.

Seems I didn't struggle like this as a frost DK.

I really want to like the warrior. I think the mobility is awesome the weapons are awesome the skills are awesome but I'm just not doing the damage.
You're only 877? you need to get to 930 or so with your leggos to make a judgement call. I dont raid much on this toon (waiting for antoris or whatever), but I was doing some M duns and with FoB Trauma build I do 750k to 900k depending on movement on single target. I do 1.5 or more on aoe pretty easily. It never felt under powered playing arms but maybe your stats are bad or possibly your talents. Im not sure but im sure it will pick up for you.
I wouldn't get too discouraged at this point for that character.

Your gear isn't doing anything for you (see how low your Mastery is) but that can easily be overcome with some luck (on legendary items) and the different catch-up mechanics that are present in-game.

If you want a vote of confidence that it's entirely gear and not your own play, then you should definitely cozy up to the Arms Compendium (link below) and evaluate your decision making against it.

Primary Compendium link:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2091413-The-Arms-Compendium

There's been some trouble with the doc lately, so here is another location that should work if the above doesn't:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
It gets a lot better! Warriors are just super gear-dependant. If you're arms, you need to stack that mastery and farm good legendaries to be competitive.

As arms, get to around 910 and about 70% mastery and you'll see things change pretty drastically, which is easy to do now.

The more you learn the class and gear up, the more you'll wreck stuff.
but I was doing some M duns and with FoB Trauma build I do 750k to 900k depending on movement on single target.maybe your stats are bad or possibly your talents. Im not sure but im sure it will pick up for you.

:thinking:
To answer your question simply, yes, it does get better. A lot better.
10/31/2017 07:05 AMPosted by Drakulous
I'm 877 ilvl with no legendaries. I know my gear needs lots of work but does being a warrior get better? I tend to get wrecked more than doing the wrecking.

I really want to like the warrior. I think the mobility is awesome the weapons are awesome the skills are awesome but I'm just not doing the damage.

First off you're playing the wrong build. You need titanic might its far superior to fever. Also take sweeping stikes for any dungeon content and raid encounters that are not tricky single target. get used to playing with ravager as well.

You have 34% mastery is your biggest issue. you want around 10-15% haste in for the kill will give you the rest. Drop trauma and get used to using rend. pray you get the ring for you're first lego, if not the the helm. The gloves and kJ's are also fine options. keep at it trust me it gets a lot better. i recently got my 4 set and was lucky enough to get my lego helm I've gone from dong about 1.1 mill dps single target to about 1.6-1.8 depending on the length of the fight.

Fevor and trauma might be the go to talents for antorus but for now stick to the rend titanic might.

Also join the warrior discord the information for that can be found on ice viens that have everything you need to know on there.

Goodluck!
10/31/2017 12:27 PMPosted by Drtydeeds
I wouldn't get too discouraged at this point for that character.

Your gear isn't doing anything for you (see how low your Mastery is) but that can easily be overcome with some luck (on legendary items) and the different catch-up mechanics that are present in-game.

If you want a vote of confidence that it's entirely gear and not your own play, then you should definitely cozy up to the Arms Compendium (link below) and evaluate your decision making against it.

Primary Compendium link:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2091413-The-Arms-Compendium

There's been some trouble with the doc lately, so here is another location that should work if the above doesn't:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

OP - Look at this poster's transmog. Shut your mouth. Keep playing your warrior. It will get better, but, even if it didn't, how could you care with this kind of gear out there?
Get some ilvl, the right stats, then take Ravager into M+ and do 13mil burst dps
10/31/2017 07:05 AMPosted by Drakulous

pray you get the ring for you're first lego, if not the the helm. The gloves and kJ's are also fine options.

Goodluck!

Pray you don't get the helm, next tier it is going to be absolute garbage bis leggo's will prolly be ring/gloves again. But to answer your question op what are you having trouble with? Warriors are classically one of the most gear dependent classes in the game yes you struggle early but once you pick up the right talents and get the better gear you decimate everything in your path.
Your mastery is low. you talk as if you mean for PVP. If you're doing skirmishes or arenas without a healer, you will hate your life as arms. You get no self healing. In 3s, it feels pretty good as arms with lots of utility.