That's it. Hire Nostalrius, ASAP.

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
11/14/2017 06:27 PMPosted by Justforkix
1.1 to 1.11 with content layered and bugs gone sounds good. How hard can it be?
Also means rogues never get their class review. How is that fair?

I know everyone wants to make believe and pretend this is some super simple thing and that the servers should be up and running next week if only someone competent was in charge, but its not.
11/14/2017 06:39 PMPosted by Chiggity
Now that the blues are speaking up, can we discuss the possibility of TBC, Wrath, etc servers in the future?
With a character copy feature to let us take our characters across each expansion as we find fit?
:)

I'm not sure they will even get this right so don't get ahead of yourself.
11/14/2017 06:36 PMPosted by Droodguy
The trouble with that is that's the first blue post we've gotten since classic announcement. It had been silence up until then

That's a very good point actually. An explosive start for sure.
I think it is funny that there are people who are happy enough playing retail telling those of us that have stopped playing years ago what we want for Vanilla. I want the Vanilla vision, nothing we do will bring back actual Vanilla. I guess I have to post it again, but so long as they don't change the following 8 things, I will be more than happy to come back.

1. No LFR, LFG! Find your group and raid the old fashioned way!

2. If one class provides a buff, no other class should be given that buff. Arcane Brilliance for Mages only!

3. All epics and higher need to be earned through a heavy time commitment of those involved. No welfare epics. Tier 0.5 is the kind of thing that should be the norm for epics outside of raiding.

4. No Transmogs. If you want to look cool, you have to be wearing gear that looks cool!

5. No flying mounts. If you want to fly, use a Flight Master.

6. 40 man raids! ZG/AQ20 are fine so long as they are the exception but not the norm, if you want to really raid, find 39 other people.

7. No future content can trivialize any previous endgame content. If it provides better gear, it better be harder and require gear from the previous tier.

8. 60 level cap. Increasing the level cap was just another way to trivialize content.
People need to relax and talk to people in a rational, adult manner.

Insulting will get you no where and will end up with a locked thread.
11/14/2017 06:42 PMPosted by Aquadots
11/14/2017 06:27 PMPosted by Justforkix
1.1 to 1.11 with content layered and bugs gone sounds good. How hard can it be?
Also means rogues never get their class review. How is that fair?

I know everyone wants to make believe and pretend this is some super simple thing and that the servers should be up and running next week if only someone competent was in charge, but its not.

I agree. You can't have all the classes get their changes and leave the rogues out because their change came in 1.21.1 along with other changes people don't want.
I'm actually sad that the blues are influencing QoL changes with their personal opinions.

Should've knew WoW classic was too good to be true..

Rip
11/14/2017 06:34 PMPosted by Falathrin
11/14/2017 06:17 PMPosted by Ornyx
make sure we're listening from the start

If you truly were, you would not have mentioned new race models nor class balance in the first place.

They're also getting paid to listen to the people who want classic with changes too. Just because you or I have the opinion that things shouldn't be changed does not make other players' opinions completely invalid. If someone thinks that transmog should be a thing in Classic because they don't want their character to look like a hobo clown, that's a personal opinion that the CM's have to listen to and pass on to the development team, especially if there is a large demand for it.

Just because you or I don't like it doesn't mean that it isn't a fair consideration to be brought forward. If a large amount of players want the ability to use new character models because they dislike the old ones, and even potentially a majority of players, this is information that needs to be passed on and discussed internally and the CMs' job is to listen to that feedback and let us know that they hear us. All that Ornyx said is that they're listening. The issue you seem to have is that they're not just listening to you and other purists; they're listening to everyone like they're supposed to.
11/14/2017 06:43 PMPosted by Itsblock

Just as a warning - I think we've said our parts here, and I've noted numerous time that our goal here is to listen to the feedback from a community who has worked very hard to get to where we are now.

I'd prefer to not have to direct any heavy moderation around these parts, so let's keep it all civil and constructive.

You mean getting offended by someone saying "YOU SHOULD" instead of just discussing the topic.

I mean you guys could have just disagreed and posted why you should or should not and shared your opinions anyways.

Now we have a stupid debate about blue didn't actually mean x, y and z and trying to act holier-than-thou because you say he's trying to prevent discussion.

Get off your high horses and discuss.
#nochanges is a nice idea in theory, but the reality is that there are a lot of decisions from a design perspective players may not even consider.

There was a post on here somewhere by a guy who was somewhat involved with running a private vanilla servers. It brought up some interesting points regarding server capacities and how a potentially higher capacity can mess up spawn timers and stuff like that for mob and resources out in the world.

Didn't Nost use dynamic re-spawns back when it was operational? this a pretty massive change to vanilla and certainly doesn't reflect the #nochanges mantra
What a Community Manager or an employee of a company says does hold allot of weight with how the public views a company's stance on an issue even if it is just one employee,
By saying class balance,graphics and other things are up for debate in a 13+ year old product that was requested,pleaded for by hundreds of thousands you opened a whole can of worms and pandora's box for everyone to clamor for changes to every detail that made vanilla, vanilla in the first place.

I'll say it again and again the people who signed the Nostalrius petition the people who have been advocating for legacy servers and a classic wow experience for years did not ask for Classic but "Oh wait can I have this one little change that I and only I want??" If I get my one little change to vanilla/classic then everybody should get one and before long we're at Legion/BFA/Retail and i'm not interested in that.

Its very simple try to emulate/recreate vanilla wow as it was then to the best of Blizzard's ability, whether it begins at 1.0 and progressively tries to emulate class changes and balance is up for debate, or 1.12.1 class balance/talents/changes but progressively releases content on a schedule that can be debated as well.
Saying everything about classic is up for debate you might as well be developing an entirely separate game from Vanilla all together,
There HAS to be constraints to the discussion blizzard this is you trying to bring back a product you put out there over 13+ years ago not a brand new game/product.
Someone employed by Blizzard shouldn't give a personal opinion on something unless it's on a regular account. Many people will blindly follow what you say and agree simply because of who you are.
11/14/2017 06:47 PMPosted by Koushi

You mean getting offended by someone saying "YOU SHOULD" instead of just discussing the topic.

I mean you guys could have just disagreed and posted why you should or should not and shared your opinions anyways.

Now we have a stupid debate about blue didn't actually mean x, y and z and trying to act holier-than-thou because you say he's trying to prevent discussion.

Get off your high horses and discuss.

Case in point. You can't have a discussion with people who are aggravated by a statement as soft as "Don't insult people and discuss rationally."
11/14/2017 06:22 PMPosted by Mormont
11/14/2017 06:17 PMPosted by Ornyx
The posts on Reddit are my favorite, as they pretty much contradict everything said here, aside from a couple people being all doom and gloom. I agree with them in the fact that they noted people are over reacting.

To be clear - we are simply encouraging conversation and discussion. We are not developers, we do not make any final decisions on Live or on Classic.

I think it's more showing that you would try to shut down conversations with your big, bolded letters instead of engaging in a constructive way. If you want to try to lay out a plan to show the community why those things are things the Classic community shouldn't want, then do that. You are not the sole voice in this conversation - there are "purists" on both sides of the argument, there are people who want 1.0, those who want 1.12, those who want 1.7 so the debuff cap is 16, those who want progression. There's thousands of different opinions, and trying to shut those down in one swoop doesn't necessarily bode well for you.

Like J. Allen Brack has said, our goal is to create an experience that is as close to that original World of Warcraft experience as possible. I personally do not see that as us chasing things down and reinventing the wheel, and definitely not anything that would fundamentally change how Vanilla was, but there are conversations that do need to happen, and if your only goal is to come here and try to stop them instead of participating and adding valuable input to one side or the other, then you're most likely not welcome here.

This forum isn't a place to yell and scream that "BLIZZARD DOESNT KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING - HIRE NOSTALRIUS", when all we are trying to do is be transparent and make sure we're listening from the start.

What you're forgetting is that those in the vanilla server community have been fighting for a Classic server for YEARS! We have been begging for this to become a reality and I'm appreciative of that being so. However, changes such as class balance DO fundamentally alter the vanilla experience you allude to in your response. I don't believe being passionate about our stance and belief is wrong, considering for how long we've been begging Blizzard to create a Classic server.

Balances chase doesn't change the core of vanilla. Throughout the entire vanilla experience Blizzard has been changing the classes and trying to balance them. Almost everyone single patch they balanced something. Why should we stop at one patch and keep broken spec the way they are? Just because you want broken specs doesn't mean that Blizzard wants broken specs, nor does it mean that 2004-2006 Blizzard wanted broken specs.

Blizzard was new to creating MMORPG that why the game was so broken during vanilla and early vanilla, because they didn't want have the experience that they have today. They probably want to remove a lot of terrible feature that they put in, but cannot.

One thing is that you do not speak for me, nor am I a troll. Just because I want balance doesn't make our side of the argument void because you say so. That isn't how arguments work. That not how adult make argument, that what children do.

Each side have right to a voice, each side haves a valid argument. Want know something? Even Nost had changed their core too and wasn't 100%. People that fought for the server rights doesn't really care about the change. Another server Kronos change the respec cost and no one complained.

Every. Single. Spec. Should. Be. Viable.

That is it. Players should be able to choose any spec that they want and play it without the fear of being kicked out of a guild, being kicked out a raid, or even being blacklisted.
What a useless blue poster. How hard is this to understand? Leave vanilla as vanilla. Dont change anything. This is such a mindblowing concept to this blue-posting numbskull. Honestly, though, and I mean this completely honestly and I am in no way being facetious: Hiring the Nostalrius team and letting them ensure the exact replication of the original game would be preferable to these new-WoW blueposters who would love to see classic altered in any way.

Want to kill WoW classic from the start? Make changes to it that were not present in the original.

It's such a mindblowing concept that all these people wanted was constructive criticism of why or why not they should do things and everyone started yelling "No don't do that, we can't trust these numbskulls with anything fire them all and hire nostralius".

Want to help make WoW classic how you think it should be? Make actual constructive posts on your reasoning on why making changes to it will kill it.
Seems like I had my hopes too high for this one.

For future reference, deriding your fellow posters, or any member of the Community team who is here to support you, is really no way to get what you want. If you would like to participate in constructive conversations about what Classic is or should be, then please do so.

Let's try to be good to each other.

Closing.