Which dps has the most survival kit?

General Discussion
Retri paladin?

Affliction warlock?
Blood DK. Very little question. Unless you can burst them down in short order, they WILL heal all of that back up, and hit you in the face while doing it.
10/26/2017 03:34 PMPosted by Zurilia
Blood DK. Very little question. Unless you can burst them down in short order, they WILL heal all of that back up, and hit you in the face while doing it.

Which dps has the most survival?
I am going to say ret pallies between their bubbles and self healing.

[quote]Which dps has the most survival?

Let me dream....
Us affliction locks reign supreme in that regard.

-Demons can tank for us
-Mortal Coil (heal for 20% of max hp)
-Healthstone (restore 25% of total health)
-Soul leech (any damage we do replenishes it, can additionally stack passively on it's own via a talent)
-drain soul heals us
-corruption ticks have a chance to heal us
-siphon life (if you talent for it)
-phantom singularity (if you talent for it)
Definitely Rogues.

-Stealth
-CC
-Self Heal.
- 30% single target dmg reduction from feint if you talent into it.
Against things hitting you in the face, spriests are okay to somewhat decent.

Against Dungeon/Raid damage that isn't a bunch of mobs on you constantly, we're some of the best.
Havoc Demon Hunter is basically unkillable if talented correctly. Add to that all the healing balls that rain constantly from the sky. There are also 2 defensive CDs and an AOE stun. You can weave the 2 metamorphosis to have an almost 100% up time with the Delusions of Grandeur shoulders. But even without the shoulders it has so much healing that you can't die.

Affliction warlock is a close second with his healing beam. I rarely ever use the healthstones. The only thing that keeps affliction lock from the #1 spot is being a clothie, which means that if your tank pet dies you may take some heavy hits depending on the mob type.

I have a 920+ geared toon from every class so I can say this with confidence.
Depends on what you're trying to survive.

In most content, it's easily Affliction Warlock. We have incredibly high self healing baked into our rotation. I can facetank any Argus rare without a demon or Prydaz indefinitely, even when I wasn't overgeared.

I don't think many people understand how powerful Drain Soul is, especially when Reap is active. 500k healing a tic, non crit, no reap.

Add a 900k+ shield that recharges super quick based off your damage, too.

There are many talents we can take to become even tankier too.

That said, it doesn't mean we're the best at soaking all mechanics. Despite our tankiness, wed on't have actual immunities.
10/26/2017 04:02 PMPosted by Limelol
Depends on what you're trying to survive.

In most content, it's easily Affliction Warlock. We have incredibly high self healing baked into our rotation. I can facetank any Argus rare without a demon or Prydaz indefinitely, even when I wasn't overgeared.

I don't think many people understand how powerful Drain Soul is, especially when Reap is active. 500k healing a tic, non crit, no reap.

Add a 900k+ shield that recharges super quick based off your damage, too.

There are many talents we can take to become even tankier too.

That said, it doesn't mean we're the best at soaking all mechanics. Despite our tankiness, wed on't have actual immunities.

Pretty much this.
Afflock in arena die faster than anyother class
Survive what? In what frequency?

A feral druid is immune to certain mechanics every 30 seconds. They get chewed up by constant damage, and things they can't dodge.

Constant ticking damage is probably best handled by aff locks.

One shot mechanics are probably pallies and mages.

If something wants to eat your face, pet tanks are amazing.

Different stuff requires different kinds of kits.
Well the answer isn't enhancement, I can tell you that much.
10/26/2017 03:39 PMPosted by Mergo
I am going to say ret pallies between their bubbles and self healing.
Gonna have to say Affliction lock. I was soloing mythic darkheart thicket the other day while doing about 650kHPS on most trash pulls.

10/26/2017 04:09 PMPosted by Oswill
Afflock in arena die faster than anyother class
If you wanted a PVP answer you should state "in PVP" in the title or your OP. Since you didn't people will assume you're talking about regular game play.

D...P...S...

That acronym does not mean what you think it means.
Blood DK.

DPS

As for OP I want to say rogue.

Huge amount of burst to (hopefully) kill the other thing before it can even hurt you, immunities, stealths, get out of jail free card with vanish, self healing.

Them or affl locks.
Demonic having DHs. As long as I'm metad I literally cannot be killed by NPCs.
Depends on what you're looking for. There are invariably scenarios for any given class where their kit falls short.

Rogues have the best on-demand burst mitigation, especially for magic damage. They make the best soakers via feint and CloS and have cheat death.

Affliction has by far the most self-healing. If it's only taking moderate incremental damage, it needs few if any external heals. Some of their DCDs are pretty solid too. Definitely the best at soloing out of any DPS spec.

UHDKs probably have the best passive mitigation for raid environments. We basically get 20% free avoidance on top of plate armor, so a lot of things that will kill other people won't kill us, even without using any mitigation. On top of that, buffed IBF and AMS are really strong DCDs for their cooldowns. Terrible self-healing and mobility, though, so emphasis on raid environments or at least dungeons.
As far as DPS specs, Windwalker Monks have good damage reduction, great CC, and Touch of Karma, which is boss.