It's time to discuss the constant Dc issue

General Discussion
I'm not a tech guy. In fact, I'm one of those players thats been playing for a decade by clicking my mouse for everything. So forgive me if I don't understand all technical lingo that is said in the tech forums.

With that said, I can not for the life of me , figure out why I and my husband ( who plays beside me ) are constantly getting disconnected from the game.

It use to be only sites like WOWHead, IV or heavy advertised sites. But lately, we've been getting disconnected when we go on sites like facebook, kijiji or even basic banking websites.

It wsn't like this 3 years ago. It' something new.

It's not our ISP.

Could it be the new Alienware laptops ?

Could it be the weather?

What is the issue?

I pay, I want to play.
Are you using google chrome my chance? I had a similar issue and just stopped alt tabbing and going to sites while playing wow for the most part and that mostly fixed it.
Ctrl, Alt, Del
Click on WoW.exe
Set priority to highest.

That might help but I'm not entirely sure.
I never get disconnected, unless it is the rare thing on my end.

If you are getting disconnected from a lot of sites, even banking websites, it IS something to do with your ISP or the way your net connection is set up.
Get a new modem/router. Should be able to exchange one with your isp.

When I mean new I mean an entirely different one than what you currently have.
what DC issue?
10/31/2017 12:09 PMPosted by Felryn
Get a new modem/router. Should be able to exchange one with your isp.

When I mean new I mean an entirely different one than what you currently have.

have done this 3 times
10/31/2017 12:03 PMPosted by Novisinitiis
Ctrl, Alt, Del
Click on WoW.exe
Set priority to highest.

That might help but I'm not entirely sure.

HAVE done this
Did your ISP test your signal? Maybe there is a line issue?
I get DC'd everytime I use my garrison hearthstone. Not sometimes, EVERY TIME! The only way i can use it is if i log out completely and use it before I do anything else. It is not a internet issue, it's all on blizz.
No one ever talks about the constant marvel issue lol
Problem is definitely your new Dell laptops.

Seriously though, as much as I hate Dell, it could be a Windows thing. I assume you're on Windows 10 now?

There are a couple things you can try, like turning off location services using option 2 here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/13225-turn-off-location-services-windows-10-a.html

While you're in the Privacy settings, turn a bunch of that crap off.

It could also be scanning for other Wifi networks, I remember this being an issue as far back as Vista. Make sure you have all your windows updates and then you can start looking for ways to turn off the scanning if it's still an issue.

Also check the power management settings and make sure the network adapter isn't set to turn off to save power.

That's assuming you're using Wifi. If none of the above helps, run a cable and turn off Wifi. If you still have issues on a wired connection, then it's likely a router/modem/isp issue.
I haven't been disconnected from the game outside of the logout button in the last several months, even during 5+ hour play sessions.

If frequent disconnections were as big of a problem for everyone as they sound like they are for you, OP, then you'd see a lot more griping about it on the forums, and generally that's not the case (unless a server cluster goes down or something).

That lack of widespread common experience pretty effectively points at your PCs, your network, or your ISP in the majority of cases.
10/31/2017 12:59 PMPosted by Mortis
No one ever talks about the constant marvel issue lol

DC has way way more issues than marvel lol
Have you tried replacing your cable modem? or perhaps your wifi router?
This is definitely a problem somewhere with your ISP, your connections, or your setup (computers, routers, modems, etc.). You should contact your ISP and see if they can diagnose the cause. (And yes, it could be the weather, depending on what sort of internet you use.)