What Do You Do When You Hit The Burnout?

General Discussion
Title.

Just wondering what you all do when you get burnt out on WoW, or any game, what do you do to revitalise yourself?

Do you just straight-up quit gaming for a bit? find something else to do within the same game?

Personally i'm planning to play a lot of diablo 3 in the upcoming season, which usually refreshes me on WoW
The comparison I often use here is coffee.

I love coffee. Caffeine is my drug of choice, my favorite... but I don't drink coffee all day. If I did, it wouldn't give me the rush I enjoy. So I have to keep it in moderation, make sure I also enjoy other things. So while caffeine is my favorite thing, it's all the 'other things' that really keep me in love with it.
i play other games, on consoles and the computer

just finished bayonetta on the xbox
get up, walk away, and go do something else
Will probably go level alts again when I get tired of Legion stuff. I do this from time to time. I may go back to Heroes of the Storm or console rpgs before Antorus since I've finished the Argus storyline.
Take a break out of the game while playing other games I have.. I did that for almost 2 months and now I'm back.. then I realized I was back at sitting on dalaran after I completed my daily farming on my main and alts.. then realized that I should be going for more transmogs and roll the dice for a mount that I dont have.
I go back to FF 14 every now and then, until I start to miss WoW.
10/13/2017 02:59 PMPosted by Snowfox
The comparison I often use here is coffee.

I love coffee. Caffeine is my drug of choice, my favorite... but I don't drink coffee all day. If I did, it wouldn't give me the rush I enjoy. So I have to keep it in moderation, make sure I also enjoy other things. So while caffeine is my favorite thing, it's all the 'other things' that really keep me in love with it.

I have a coffee twice a day.

Once on a morning, and another at night.

Don't think it really gives me a "rush" anymore, but I still love the taste, remember when I started drinking coffee I would only have 1 teaspoon of granules, (yes i'm an instant coffee peasant :/ ) now i'm up to 2-2.5 (I drink from big mugs though)
10/13/2017 03:02 PMPosted by Annastasi
get up, walk away, and go do something else

This.

You don't really have to regain an interest in something you no longer have an interest in. Just let it go and do something else. Your interest in WoW will either return or it won't.
I play other games. I stopped playing World of Warcraft(Haven't really done Argus at all) and have been playing more Switch/3DS. Now I want to play World of Warcraft again~
I turn to my pile of books to read, shows to watch, and games to play "Someday" and dive right in. If I am still itching to play wow, but bored with current content I do old raids for pets/mounts/achieves/mogs.
What about Final Fantasy? Has anyone any feedback on that game currently?
fap
When I have nothing to do in WoW, which isn't often, I resub to SWTOR and play some kind of Sith character.
Sometimes I just don't play for a couple days. I only do what I want to do in-game so there's no obligation to anyone or anything, but a couple days of mindless yt vids and borderlands usually fixes whatever i was feeling prior
I go outside.

Just kidding, I hate going outside.
I've had a lot of ups and downs during Legion. A lot of it is more my attitude towards something than the actual thing.

When I don't want to log in or am not having fun I log out. I do other things, some on the computer, some in real life.

It helps me in game to have goals to work on, even if those are pretty small. Sadly, none of my goals involve Argus or grouping right now and feeling sort of stuck (having stuck myself there).

Today my demon hunter is working on archaeology. I'm doing old world sites because I don't want to expend the energy to fight in Legion or WoD... I realized that Stranglethorn and all of the eastern kingdoms are untouched questwise and that this might be the time and the right character to do the Insane title. Will have to look into that but that should keep me going for a bit.
Mash that gas pedal through the floorboard!
Play another game.

Example: I burned out fast this Legion, so I played Wildlands and Watchdogs 2.
When I feel like I’ve had enough WoW, I’ll do the obvious thing and do something else for a while. Like build a satellite network in KSP, so when my Kerbals land on Mun’s far side, they’ll still be in contact.