Still no Gladiator gear from WQs???

General Discussion
Why is this a thing??? We've been getting Glad gear from WQs since they practically went live. This was an incomprehensible and completely undocumented change that's seriously ticking me off now.

I want my Gladiator gear back, Blizz. >:|
My guess is it is to get people into Bgs. I don't pvp much but I wouldn't be surprised if this far into the expack those Qs are getting a little long.
OHHHHHHH that why i got a stupid piece that look like the Argus gear.

now i get it, i was wondering why.
Seems like it's mostly Combatant gear in random BGs as well.

A friend of mine proposed the idea of changing the amount of echoes from obliterating Combatant gear to 5 (instead of 1), so players like me can still obliterate gear to buy Gladiator pieces from the vendor.
Yeah... it's bs. These ninja changes only anger me more. I wanted my sets. Half the fun of having PvP WQs was actually getting good rewards for those.
You could PvP for them.
11/08/2017 07:37 PMPosted by Thallia
Yeah... it's bs. These ninja changes only anger me more. I wanted my sets. Half the fun of having PvP WQs was actually getting good rewards for those.

Typically Thallia, you and I are usually on the same end of the fence. But this time, I'm gonna disagree. The point of PvP WQ's should be to help you get your feet wet with some purples (combatant gear) and then want to go into the competitive scene for the rest.

Arena and RBG's (that which drops rated gladiator gear) are the pvp equivalent to raids. No world quests give actual tier gear though, or anything of the sort. This is the same thing, and why it was likely rolled back to just be combatant gear. If you could just wait for gladiator gear from towers, then no one would bother doing arena other than those trying to push competitive for the sake of earning elite mogs.

And we need people on the ladder. That's the other reason why. We need more people queuing and more people actually playing the game in the competitive pvp bracket. People weren't because they could just wait all day for their gladiator gear from the tower. Though you may disagree and say that you would rather wait for gladiator gear from the tower so you can go into rated and stand more of a shot, it's never worked that way before and it shouldn't work that way now.

Gladiator gear comes from one source, and should remain as such: rated pvp.
11/08/2017 08:23 PMPosted by Shadina
pvp wqs have been giving gladiator gear for over a year now, no point in changing it now.
11/08/2017 08:20 PMPosted by Yyöp
You could PvP for them.

Yeah you guys enjoy those rng boxes don't you :)
11/08/2017 07:37 PMPosted by Thallia

Typically Thallia, you and I are usually on the same end of the fence. But this time, I'm gonna disagree. The point of PvP WQ's should be to help you get your feet wet with some purples (combatant gear) and then want to go into the competitive scene for the rest.

Arena and RBG's (that which drops rated gladiator gear) are the pvp equivalent to raids. No world quests give actual tier gear though, or anything of the sort. This is the same thing, and why it was likely rolled back to just be combatant gear. If you could just wait for gladiator gear from towers, then no one would bother doing arena other than those trying to push competitive for the sake of earning elite mogs.

And we need people on the ladder. That's the other reason why. We need more people queuing and more people actually playing the game in the competitive pvp bracket. People weren't because they could just wait all day for their gladiator gear from the tower. Though you may disagree and say that you would rather wait for gladiator gear from the tower so you can go into rated and stand more of a shot, it's never worked that way before and it shouldn't work that way now.

still wont make me participate in the aids that is arena/rated bg's in wow.

when these items were available from WQ's, i would at least get out there and do them, literally just another reason for me to log off till the expac lands.

Stupid blizz screwing with things that dont need to be touched because "reasons".

see ya's in the new xpac.
You could PvP for them.

Pvp is terrible this expansion, even in bgs. I haven't had real fun in pvp since MoP, every expansion has just made it worse and a bigger waste of time to invest in.

I'd sooner spend marks I get from the wpvp quests to buy it once it goes on the vendor. It would just be nice to get the gear now rather than having to wait.

PvP is just a bad time investment for what you get, and the experience is terrible at the same time, making it soul crushing.
11/08/2017 08:33 PMPosted by Deathchix
pvp wqs have been giving gladiator gear for over a year now, no point in changing it now.
^ that
The point of PvP WQ's should be to help you get your feet wet with some purples (combatant gear) and then want to go into the competitive scene for the rest.

It seems strange to wait so long to make this change (with no announcement anywhere) near the end of the fifth Legion season instead of waiting until the sixth season starts. Or just leaving it alone entirely.
I was halfway done with my s5 Glad gear when they took it away. I am sad.

Elite Gladiator gear comes from rated PvP. Typical gladiator gear has never been exclusive to rated.

Gladiator gear coming from random BG's, Warden Towers, etc... has nothing to do with Elite Gladiator gear(which has better stats and tends to look better) that comes from rated PvP.

11/08/2017 07:36 PMPosted by Veranolth
A friend of mine proposed the idea of changing the amount of echoes from obliterating Combatant gear to 5 (instead of 1), so players like me can still obliterate gear to buy Gladiator pieces from the vendo

This is what I said a while back too. The whole change really wouldn't be too bad if combatant gear wasn't completely worthless. Personally, almost everyone I know who actively did the Warden Towers was doing so for transmog stuff (Gladiator gear especially, though also at least Prestige 1, Honor 50 for the artifact appearance). If Combatant obliterated into 5 or so, it would still be a viable means of slowly accruing enough echoes to purchase Gladiator stuff. But just 1...its worthless.

And we need people on the ladder. That's the other reason why. We need more people queuing and more people actually playing the game in the competitive pvp bracket

If the state of PvP wasn't so atrocious, more people would do it. Removing rewards from X isn't going to suddenly make people do Y, especially if a good portion were doing X because Y sucked.
11/08/2017 09:32 PMPosted by Thallia
11/08/2017 08:33 PMPosted by Deathchix
...pvp wqs have been giving gladiator gear for over a year now, no point in changing it now.
^ that

I get this. But I'm talking about pre-legion. Throughout every other expansion, rated pvp gear has only come from arena, with blues and such being bought through honor while arena gear was given through conquest.

Legion changed a lot. Doesn't necessarily mean giving gladiator gear (on par for those who do competitive) through some quests where you kill some mobs and kill a commander dude is good.

As far as this one goes:

11/08/2017 09:50 PMPosted by Illidette
If the state of PvP wasn't so atrocious, more people would do it. Removing rewards from X isn't going to suddenly make people do Y, especially if a good portion were doing X because Y sucked.

There's no question that the state of pvp right now isn't in a good position. The arena community has been calling for proper balance, wanting to get people in there, and offering feedback from top rated players in their field for quite a long time. It's not our fault Blizz doesn't listen.

That being said, it's still doable and is still winable with any class provided you run proper comp and know how to counter. Some classes? They have it harder than others. But it's not impossible.
Id love to know the answer, but Blizzard doesnt communicate with their players. So I guess we have to wait until next BlizzCon & hope nobody wastes a question on why bosses have holes in their ceilings.
You could PvP for them.

or you could actually wait for the season to end and buy any set for 12 marks only inestad of dealing with that miserable experience that's legion pvp (:
Where are people getting the idea that in previous expansions you couldn't get normal (non-elite) gladiator sets from regular bgs and such? I absolutely refuse to do anything I can't random queue for and I have always managed to gear several chars in gladiator gear from just random bgs and maybe world bosses since like cata iirc.

Also these types of things do not increase player participation in rated so much as they just make players feel slighted (doesn't matter if they actually were or not, people act on how they feel and blizz doesn't make money simply by standing on some precieved moral high ground) and quit or simply participate even less in even the "lower" forms of pvp.
I guess they just figured out how to crap on casual BG players some more this expansion. Getting 870 gear with very few 890 in between was just too good, now you have to get lucky to get a transmog set during the season.