[Contest] Heart of the Authors

Wyrmrest Accord
Hm. If I can come up with something WoW related, I'll see if I can whip something up. Lately all of my ideas are for an original universe. x.x
Volley-ball this baby back up.

12/08/2017 10:02 AMPosted by Genedara
Hm. If I can come up with something WoW related, I'll see if I can whip something up. Lately all of my ideas are for an original universe. x.x

I may not have explained it well enough (I did some trimming of the original post that may not make sense) but if it helps, it's from ANY Blizzard mythos. A charming fireside tale from the world of Hearthstone, the body and soul twisting horror of Diablo, and the sci-fi space opera of StarCraft are also open.

Hell, if you can swing it, I'd take something from The Lost Vikings or Blackthorne as well.
Why be a grump when you can be a bump?
In celebration of receiving our second submission (third if you count the email telling me how huge my tacklebox can be if I order some pills!), a bump!

Time is runnin' out, folks!
I think I have an idea. I'll see if I can keep the creative juices flowing and get something done today. :)
Done, proofread and submitted. :)
Got a few submissions now. Who's next?

13 days to go! Hide from family holiday events and write short stories instead.
11/15/2017 10:55 AMPosted by Bridges
if you would or would not like it to be hosted on a community visible site.

quick question: if someone requests their submission not be hosted does that exclude them from winning? (i mean, if someone 'won' a place with their story, but no one but you could see it, would be kinda weird, right?)
12/18/2017 12:21 PMPosted by Ashley
11/15/2017 10:55 AMPosted by Bridges
if you would or would not like it to be hosted on a community visible site.

quick question: if someone requests their submission not be hosted does that exclude them from winning? (i mean, if someone 'won' a place with their story, but no one but you could see it, would be kinda weird, right?)

Not at all. It's a personal opinion contest where I'm the only person chipping into the prize pool. If someone doesn't want their work hosted anywhere they don't have to.

Hell, as a fun fact no one has deliberately consented to having their stories hosted anywhere so it's like a private reading room contest for just me right now.
I consent to have mine open for public viewing. :)
This is wonderful idea! :D
Hubs convinced me to let you display mine for the public if you want. I was scared it was too short to be interesting.
Frontpage sure is interesting today, you know what's a good distraction? A writing contest!
And submission sent!
Post Christmas bump. As a present to yourself - you should do a contest!
Last three days. If you've still got an idea, I'd love to see it in my mailbox.
Been putting it off, but I'll likely send mine in early tomorrow morning as a last-minute submission. <3

Free bump for the road! Get your creative juices flowin', folks!

E: Aaand sent! Been going off assumption, but I'm guessin' this is a One Entry Only type deal, yeah? Let's hope short n' sweet isn't horrible for you!
I just sent an entry to the email you listed. Hopefully this is still a thing.
12/30/2017 09:14 AMPosted by Larazan
I just sent an entry to the email you listed. Hopefully this is still a thing.

It is!

12/30/2017 01:35 AMPosted by Sparx
Been putting it off, but I'll likely send mine in early tomorrow morning as a last-minute submission. <3

Free bump for the road! Get your creative juices flowin', folks!

Thanks!

If you've been rolling an idea around in your minds, unsure of whether or not you'd care to submit it, you have until tomorrow at midnight to find COURAGE!
How long will it be until we hear who the winners are? :D