Missing Heirlooms?

Customer Support
I just returned to the game after a long hiatus. It's my understanding that heirlooms now appear on the collections tab and I do see SOME of my heirlooms there, but I seem to be missing a few. I suspect it was because they were in one of my characters' mailbox when I last played, before the collections tab was implemented. Is there any way to recover those? I tried the item recovery tool, but I don't know which character(s) they would have been on last.
09/20/2017 06:10 AMPosted by Kraylune
I suspect it was because they were in one of my characters' mailbox when I last played, before the collections tab was implemented. Is there any way to recover those?
Not really, mail is only kept so long. Even the logs are purged after a while.
Deleted mail wouldn't be in the recovery tool.

Have you logged into all your characters? They don't initially get added to a collection until you do.

I'm afraid if they are lost in the mail - and it has been that long ago, they'd be unrecoverable. Deleted mail records just aren't retained terribly long.

If you have specific items in mind, you could ask in a ticket - but we'd need very specific item names, and the results probably won't change.
Orlyia, I couldn't figure out how to put in a ticket, because every time I went through the menu, it just kept sending me to the item recovery page. I couldn't figure out how to get to a point where it would actually allow me to submit a ticket.
also...
By default, the heirloom tab only shows available looms for the class viewing the tab. To see all hierlooms in your collection, you need to change the drop down filter to Show All.
09/20/2017 09:46 AMPosted by Nok
also...
By default, the heirloom tab only shows available looms for the class viewing the tab. To see all hierlooms in your collection, you need to change the drop down filter to Show All.

Thank you. Yes, I noticed that. I was able to log into characters of the appropriate class/armor type and check all of my other heirlooms, but on the Warrior I created yesterday, I could not find my legplates or helm of valor or my worn stoneskin gargoyle cape. It seems that at some point I sent those to/from a plate-wearer (I suspect my Horde DK?) and never got them out of the mail before unsubscribing.