Hard work, gone

General Discussion
I left WoW last year to take an extended break, while I was gone my account was compromised.

When I left, this character, Wrathofenvy, was level 110, had all three maxed artifacts, and was running mythics every day.

I decide to come back, find out my account was compromised, and that this character was somehow level 100 again, with only the fury artifacts, his quest log completely erased, sitting in Org.

Blizz is trying to tell me its not possible to de level characters, but i contacted my old guild who removed me for being absent for too long who confirmed they ran mythics with me on Wrathofenvy, as well as who helped Wrathofenvy get to level 110 through dungeons, quests, and who helped me complete balance of power.

This is my first ever characer, my main, created back in 2008 during BC, first character to fight the burning legion, first character to step foot on northrend, on panderia, on Draenor, and than the broken isles.

What on earth could have possibly happened?
wow man, no idea. That's really F'd up, though.

Any old guildies have some screen shots of your shenanigans? Might be some proof of your old level by location of screen shots, etc.

good luck, though.
Character rolled back?

Are you sure that's the same? They didn't...transfer your main and make that as a placeholder and boost it or anything?
There's some oddities with your story, though.

1) You posted to customer support but made no mention of the deleveling thing or such - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759149666#post-1

2) The only other post you made prior to that was in sept 2016 ALSO saying you'd left for a year.

Do you have a copy of either discussing with the GM's about you getting hacked or their insisting there is no record of you making it to 110?
Shenanigans detected.
Wouldn't that toon have an achievement that said it made it to level 110? Can't erase that.
*Sniffs with extra-sensitive worgen nose*

I smell a trap. No offense, OP.
10/23/2017 12:48 PMPosted by Kirela
Wouldn't that toon have an achievement that said it made it to level 110? Can't erase that.

Not to mention that you would also have an acct achievement that stated when you hit 110.
There's no way to de-level a character, even if your account was hacked.

It would be a heck of a lot of effort for someone to delete your character and remake it so that it appears exactly as it did at the end of WoD; I can't imagine anyone doing this to troll an inactive account.

Short of a database rollback this isn't possible and would be unprecedented for WoW.
10/23/2017 12:34 PMPosted by Wrathofenvy
I left WoW last year to take an extended break, while I was gone my account was compromised.

When I left, this character, Wrathofenvy, was level 110, had all three maxed artifacts, and was running mythics every day.

I decide to come back, find out my account was compromised, and that this character was somehow level 100 again, with only the fury artifacts, his quest log completely erased, sitting in Org.

Blizz is trying to tell me its not possible to de level characters, but i contacted my old guild who removed me for being absent for too long who confirmed they ran mythics with me on Wrathofenvy, as well as who helped Wrathofenvy get to level 110 through dungeons, quests, and who helped me complete balance of power.

This is my first ever characer, my main, created back in 2008 during BC, first character to fight the burning legion, first character to step foot on northrend, on panderia, on Draenor, and than the broken isles.

What on earth could have possibly happened?

Obviously I can neither confirm nor deny details of your account but what I will tell you is what I do is screenshot my character and my belongings and how much gold I have every day like open up different consoles like your character and your heirlooms and all that !@#$ and screenshot it that way if something like this does happen and you know you're right and blizzard is wrong you at least have some kind of tangible evidence to show them. Not that it's going to matter at the end of the day because they're going to do whatever they want to do it's their property. But if they want to be honest about it and have some integrity at least they would look at the evidence you provide other than third-party say so kind of a thing. Screenshot everything that gives you some kind of evidence Beyond just he said she said
I'll take "stuff that never happened" for $500 Alex!
I've seen some laziness in my WoW life, but....
Wow, it smells like someone microwaved fish in here.

Oh, wait, that's just the original post in this thread.

(Get it? Smells fishy? I crack me up.)
10/23/2017 12:51 PMPosted by Harland
10/23/2017 12:48 PMPosted by Kirela

Not to mention that you would also have an acct achievement that stated when you hit 110.

He does have the achievement that he hit 110 - on 10/06/2016. He also has 'Brokenly Superior' and 'Brokenly Epic' (that he had a minimum of ilvl 840 or higher in all slots)

That doesn't necessarily mean that it was hit on this character, but his account has it.
Well, he has the completed Azsuna (9/24/2016), Stormheim (9/29/2016), Highmountain (10/29/2016), and Val'sharah (12/12/2016) Achievements.

There is no way to complete all those storylines and be Level 100 unless he turned off XP.

So either he's lying about everything and he turned off XP and did Legion content at Level 100 or there is some truth to what he's saying.
10/23/2017 01:02 PMPosted by Rolandjones
10/23/2017 12:51 PMPosted by Harland

He does have the achievement that he hit 110 - on 10/06/2016. He also has 'Brokenly Superior' and 'Brokenly Epic' (that he had a minimum of ilvl 840 or higher in all slots)

That doesn't necessarily mean that it was hit on this character, but his account has it.

That's why I said ON THAT TOON. I have the general 110 achievement from the first time I got to 110, but each toon still gets an achieve when they hit 110. I don't know how to distinguish between the two, but I do know if that particular toon ever got to 110 there would be proof somewhere through that.
10/23/2017 01:04 PMPosted by Warios
Well, he has the completed Azsuna (9/24/2016), Stormheim (9/29/2016), Highmountain (10/29/2016), and Val'sharah (12/12/2016) Achievements.

There is no way to complete all those storylines and be Level 100 unless he turned off XP.

So either he's lying about everything and he turned off XP and did Legion content at Level 100 or there is some truth to what he's saying.

Is it possible the op is confused about which toon they used?

They haven't really been forthcoming about information... yet are expecting us to solve out what's going on.

That's a lot of hard work. I see you have a Core Hound Pup, meaning you have an authenticator attached.

left WoW last year to take an extended break, while I was gone my account was compromised.

I see, I see.

Yes, that's very interesting.
Do you have other unique items? It's not like they deleted/transferred it and boosted a replacement, right?
10/23/2017 01:10 PMPosted by Starien

That's a lot of hard work. I see you have a Core Hound Pup, meaning you have an authenticator attached.

left WoW last year to take an extended break, while I was gone my account was compromised.

I see, I see.

Yes, that's very interesting.

Interesting indeed. I've never heard of deleveling. Maybe you have another Wrathofenvy on a different realm?