Grimtotem as Allied race

Story Forum
Why not? The Alliance literally had them as allies didn't they? Supplied them with arms and everything in the last war. They clearly have no fondness for the Horde.

Time to get some Tauren on the Alliance side of things. IMO the Highmountain Tauren would have been better since they don't have that connection to orcs and have fought alongside Night Elves in ancient past but the Grimtotem at least have a strong hatred towards the Horde
Only if we get Alterac humans.
They were allied to the Alliance for about five minutes. It was a very brief Alliance of convenience.

Generally, though, "Why not?" is not enough of a justification. Blizzard isn't introducing allied races by the truckload, they're doing a few at time. Is Alliance Grimtotem more desirable than Wildhammer Dwarves or any other Alliance possibility? I doubt it.
We can already have Grimtotem. A fraction of Grimtotem did stay loyal to Baine, although the majority is with Magatha. So lore wise we already do. Gameplay wise the player customization, being a black tauren basically, exists to become 'Grimtotem' as I think they are the only, if not one of like 3 tribes, that are black in color. They are not actually different than normal tauren/myself.
You can have them. They killed Cairne. I'm still angry my Shaman didnt have an option to throw Magatha in the maelstrom when we get her as a champ.

Just give it an expansion or two and they'll have started a civil war and tricked your leaders into poisoning each other.
It's possible. One thing I noticed about the Allied races so far, is that they strike a bit of a balance.

Each faction gets 2 "reskins" of pre-existing races for their faction. The only exception are Zandalari, who I assume will have a different animation skeleton than the Darkspear.

Both faction are also given a race that resembles an opposing faction race.

Void Elves use Blood Elf models and NIghtborn use Night Elf models.

So, if Blizz keeps with this sort of balance, then the Horde would need an Alliance-looking race in order for the Alliance to get Grimtotem.

Maybe Leper Gnomes? Eredar, possibly? Not another elf though. I think we've hit out elf limit.
11/06/2017 08:13 AMPosted by Vehkael
Generally, though, "Why not?" is not enough of a justification.
I would agree, if not for the fact that I think Void Elves are a pretty flimsy introduction.

That said, I only disagree conceptually. I doubt Grimtotem will go Alliance. At least so far, Blizzard does seem motivated to keep a specific parity between what each side gets. Both sides got adjusted races and one new thing, in a way. Highmountain and Zandalari are adjusted Tauren and Trolls. Lightforged Draenei and Dark Iron Dwarves are adjusted raenei and Dwarves. And Nightborne and Void Elves are somewhat of a trade off of adjusted Night Elves and Blood Elves.

So like someone said, it might be a thing if somehow the Horde get a very similar Alliance race deal. But given we have one Tauren subrace now, it seems unlikely they would throw in another and for the Alliance specifically.
11/06/2017 08:19 AMPosted by Hackbrew
It's possible. One thing I noticed about the Allied races so far, is that they strike a bit of a balance.

Each faction gets 2 "reskins" of pre-existing races for their faction. The only exception are Zandalari, who I assume will have a different animation skeleton than the Darkspear.

Both faction are also given a race that resembles an opposing faction race.

Void Elves use Blood Elf models and NIghtborn use Night Elf models.

So, if Blizz keeps with this sort of balance, then the Horde would need an Alliance-looking race in order for the Alliance to get Grimtotem.

Maybe Leper Gnomes? Eredar, possibly? Not another elf though. I think we've hit out elf limit.

Eredar is possible, so are leper gnomes (but why would you want leper gnomes)

Different kinds of Forsaken is also possible, of course.
11/06/2017 08:21 AMPosted by Argashir
Different kinds of Forsaken is also possible, of course.

Oh, that's a good one. Didn't even think about that.

I heard Nathanos is getting another new model, and I'm assuming it will still resemble his newer Human skin.

So perhaps they could release something like that. Allowing us to role Human model Forsaken. Or Undead models of other Ally races.

Personally, I prefer the zombie look. But others might love it.
Grimtotem? Eh. There's already Grimtotem aligned with the Horde through Stormsong.

A Druidic subset following Hamuul would make much more sense, IMO.
11/06/2017 08:31 AMPosted by Rokugan
A Druidic subset following Hamuul would make much more sense, IMO.

But only if Blizzard has the balls to write a schism in the Cenarian Circle that spins a version off into the Horde.
11/06/2017 08:36 AMPosted by Gibbet
But only if Blizzard has the balls to write a schism in the Cenarian Circle that spins a version off into the Horde.

Nah, we can take the Earthen Ring.
11/06/2017 08:39 AMPosted by Rokugan
11/06/2017 08:36 AMPosted by Gibbet

Earthen Ring doesn't justify the, what is it, 4 druid races that the Horde has? But I guess our druids can just go unaffiliated, or start worshiping the loa.

You know what, I'm game. Cenarian Circle goes full Alliance, Earthen Ring goes full horde. Hammul Runetotem sticks with the Cenarian Circle and Nobundo sticks with the Earthen Ring. Alliance gets a faction of Tauren, we get a faction of Broken. Fair trade all around.
11/06/2017 08:42 AMPosted by Gibbet
11/06/2017 08:39 AMPosted by Rokugan

Earthen Ring doesn't justify the, what is it, 4 druid races that the Horde has? But I guess our druids can just go unaffiliated, or start worshiping the loa.

You know what, I'm game. Cenarian Circle goes full Alliance, Earthen Ring goes full horde. Hammul Runetotem sticks with the Cenarian Circle and Nobundo sticks with the Earthen Ring. Alliance gets a faction of Tauren, we get a faction of Broken. Fair trade all around.

I'd be good with this deal

There's no way Nobundo would go Horde. Instead, they should introduce this character from the Manga into the game:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Leena

Raised by an Orc, alongside two wolves, taught the ways of Shamanism, and prophesied to be a member of the Earthen Ring.

I actually didn't know she was one of the random followers you can recruit in your Garrison Inn, but TBH, Blizzard probably doesn't either.

So Hamuul would feel guilt over bringing the Forsaken into the Horde to such a degree he would defect?
11/06/2017 08:48 AMPosted by Rokugan
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Leena

Huh, a prominent Draenei named Leena who joins the Horde. And brings along a small faction of Draenei. Okay, playable Tauren for Playable Draenei. It at least stops the Alliance from bridging the all important strategic "horn gap."

11/06/2017 08:49 AMPosted by Sternbridge

So Hamuul would feel guilt over bringing the Forsaken into the Horde to such a degree he would defect?

I was thinking the destruction of the world tree, or the invasion of Mount Hyjal. But okay, that works too. Sure.
Yeah I gotta say i'll be curious for Hamuul his reaction to the destruction of Teldrassil. If they are gonna bring that problem up at all for him that is.
11/06/2017 08:50 AMPosted by Gibbet
I was thinking the destruction of the world tree, or the invasion of Mount Hyjal. But okay, that works too. Sure.

Both of which would not have happened had he told Thrall no rather than yes.
11/06/2017 08:55 AMPosted by Sternbridge
11/06/2017 08:50 AMPosted by Gibbet

Both of which would not have happened had he told Thrall no rather than yes.

Is that a bad thing? I find it quite nice the Alliance gets the vengeance of all freed undead after their abandonment. If only Arthas had said no rather than yes