Full Strain Blight time.

Story Forum
11/08/2017 08:58 AMPosted by Abrahof
11/08/2017 05:16 AMPosted by Treng
Genn sucker punched (clawed?) him and he got right back up anyway. Saurfang gets shot three times in the lungs, and genn claws him in the face and he just keeps on going without any healing.

Wanna make a buddy cop RP arch based on this? You and me. Hunter/Warrior. You the stern venerated warrior with a clear head that knows what to do, me the one who shoots you in the chest 3 times on accident because I slipped as you're about to punt a gnome. Let me know friend

-Immy

i'm down
11/07/2017 11:24 PMPosted by Rivendel
Why isn't the Full strain, non neutered Blight being unleashed upon the Alliance? Sylvanas as Warchief has the authority to Authorize it. Anduins army would be reduced to Goo in a matter of minutes. Not even is overpowered mass rez could fix that.

Because it affects her own troops and means they'd never be able to leave Undercity again? Assuming, that is, that the blight isn't heavier than air (hint, it is) and wouldn't end up down in Undercity if used in the area above Undercity in the first place.

Y'know, Rivendel, this obsesssion you have with getting sweeping, simple "iwin" buttons that overpower everything speaks to a certain level of immaturity.
Like Rostin said, It's the nuclear option. It was designed to kill both living and dead. You can't use it at your home until your home is lost. Then, all bets are off.
*eyeball falls out*

Blight doesnt seem so bad to me.
"We used a fairly potent strain of blight against the humans of Southshore. As you can see, it worked. The trouble with blight use, though, is that blight tends to stick around after it's served its purpose."
[...]
"There might be some things we can do to reduce the lethality levels of the area by a few decades, but that still leaves us out by about a hundred or so years."

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Studies_in_Lethality#Description
11/08/2017 12:23 PMPosted by Shadowrath
"We used a fairly potent strain of blight against the humans of Southshore. As you can see, it worked. The trouble with blight use, though, is that blight tends to stick around after it's served its purpose."
[...]
"There might be some things we can do to reduce the lethality levels of the area by a few decades, but that still leaves us out by about a hundred or so years."

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Studies_in_Lethality#Description

Shovels tend to work for things like this.

At least in my experience. *another eyeball falls out*
11/07/2017 11:24 PMPosted by Rivendel
Why isn't the Full strain, non neutered Blight being unleashed upon the Alliance?

Probably the same reason the Val'kyr aren't scooping dead humans off the ground.
11/08/2017 05:13 AMPosted by Faûst
Except for Genn apparently which makes me all kinds of angry.
Genn sucker punched (clawed?) him and he got right back up anyway. Saurfang gets shot three times in the lungs, and genn claws him in the face and he just keeps on going without any healing.

Genn gets hit by a lightning bolt and has to be mass-resurrected.
Wait, that was Saurfang?

I thought it was just a random Orc Warrior. His armor didn't seem to match up.
Wait, that was Saurfang?

100% Saurfang. He had his classic gorget, tabard, weapon, and hair. Also, his new BfA model looks exactly like the one in the cinema.

Also, on Saurfang being possibly being offended by Sylvanas Blighting their foes, the 2 Orc commanders that worked with Sylvanas in Cata were all for MAXIMUM BLIGHT.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_Warlord_Cromush
11/08/2017 02:19 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
Wait, that was Saurfang?

100% Saurfang. He had his classic gorget, tabard, weapon, and hair. Also, his new BfA model looks exactly like the one in the cinema.

Also, on Saurfang being possibly being offended by Sylvanas Blighting their foes, the 2 Orc commanders that worked with Sylvanas in Cata were all for MAXIMUM BLIGHT.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_Warlord_Cromush[/quote]

edit: ^ quote is broke.

I don't remember it going that way, nor do I see anything in Cromush's wowpedia saying he was pro-plague.

The Orcish members of the Horde are vehemently against typically undead methodology for dealing with threats. Remember when Garrosh and Cromush witnessed the val'kyr raise those dead humans for the first time?

The questline for the Worgen had you eavesdrop on Garrosh and Sylvanas. Garrosh explicitly said not to use the plague and left Cromush behind to supervise. She did it behind their backs.

I've never seen any other member of the Horde open to blight.
11/07/2017 11:55 PMPosted by Treng
Also, you know, Varok probably wouldn't be looking for a reason to challenge Sylvanas if he wasn't confident that he could kick her can. and Sylvanas wouldn't be wary of slipping up if she didn't think he could do it.
It's worth mentioning that it's not just "can Mr. Orc smash Ms. Zombie?", but political ramifications. It would ignite a powderkeg if Sylvanas slew Varok, lessened slightly if she somehow won in a mak'gora without using her banshee powers.

With new allies in the Nightborne, Zandalari, and Highmountain, the Forsaken would become increasingly obsolete, and many would start questioning if they actually needed the Forsaken anymore, since one of the main reasons they had them to begin with was to hold the northern bit of the Eastern Kingdoms. With the Undercity taken and the Forsaken's forces growing limited unless they start raising every corpse from Lordaeron to Stranglethorn, odds are that the Horde would turn on the "honorless banshee". Even Lor'themar would be liable to do so, IMO.
I sense a Sylvanas fanboy

Anyway... the reason noone uses the full blight is because it tends to totally ruin everything.

Want to see an example? Go watch the Wrathgate cinematic. Or go take a stroll through South Shore. The place is a radioactive wasteland filled with living slime
11/08/2017 08:45 PMPosted by Vesiana

Anyway... the reason noone uses the full blight is because it tends to totally ruin everything.

Want to see an example? Go watch the Wrathgate cinematic. Or go take a stroll through South Shore. The place is a radioactive wasteland filled with living slime

She was more than willing to use it during Legion. Im actually curious as to where she would have dropped it.
11/09/2017 12:40 AMPosted by Braywick
She was more than willing to use it during Legion. Im actually curious as to where she would have dropped it.

That stuff has an expiration date.

It actually smells good, now.
11/09/2017 12:40 AMPosted by Braywick
11/08/2017 08:45 PMPosted by Vesiana

But did she?
11/08/2017 05:13 AMPosted by Faûst
Except for Genn apparently which makes me all kinds of angry.

Genn almost owns Sylvanas in Stormheim (he just wanted to screw her with the Valkir theme), he received a full power arrow, still wake up and walk away.
Saurfang is almost as powerfull as Garrosh, and Garrosh got owned by Varian in Ashenvalle. Result: i think it would be a good fight, but Saurfang would be the winner against Sylv...even though, hes not "the" great warrior. I repeat, Garrosh was like him in terms of power and skill, and Varian would probably play with him in a 1v1.
<span class="truncated">...</span> Genn sucker punched (clawed?) him and he got right back up anyway. Saurfang gets shot three times in the lungs, and genn claws him in the face and he just keeps on going without any healing.

Genn almost owns Sylvanas in Stormheim (he just wanted to screw her with the Valkir theme), he received a full power arrow, still wake up and walk away.
Saurfang is almost as powerfull as Garrosh, and Garrosh got owned by Varian in Ashenvalle. Result: i think it would be a good fight, but Saurfang would be the winner against Sylv...even though, hes not "the" great warrior. I repeat, Garrosh was like him in terms of power and skill, and Varian would probably play with him in a 1v1.

Actually Sylvanas shrugged his uber claw attacks away. And we have confirmation that Genn would have died from that one attack, barring the immediate medical attention he got.

edit: and Sylvanas can go incorporeal at will according to Dev interview and it was confirmed in the cutscene.
11/07/2017 11:34 PMPosted by Treng
<span class="truncated">...</span>Saurfang has never expressed interest in the matter as far as I know. He does know it would lead to victory. Dire times call for dire measures.
He does in the book. Sylvanas acknowledges that Saurfang is waiting for her to mess up so he can challenge her.

tbh Sylvanas stands no chance. Beware the old man in a profession where men usually die young.

What book says saurfang is waiting for slyv to slip up?
... He does in the book. Sylvanas acknowledges that Saurfang is waiting for her to mess up so he can challenge her.

tbh Sylvanas stands no chance. Beware the old man in a profession where men usually die young.

the new one christie goldman is working on.
... He does in the book. Sylvanas acknowledges that Saurfang is waiting for her to mess up so he can challenge her.

I read that if she mistepped, he might well challenge or oppose her. Not that he is waiting for her to so he has an excuse. Much the same way he warned Garrosh of his intervention if he made certain choices.

"Varok Saurfang was the one she gave grudging respect. He was intelligent, strong, fierce ... and, like Baine, loyal. But there was something in the orc's eyes that always put her on alert when she gazed into them. The knowledge that if she misstepped too badly he might well challenge her, perhaps even oppose her."

http://www.wowhead.com/news=275306/before-the-storm-by-christie-golden-chapter-sampler-spoilers