Why does Druid get four specs?

General Discussion
yep only 40 weeks of nonstop argus to get all our legendaries. If i start now I could probs finish halfway through then next expansion.
You forgot to mention that 3 out of 4 specs are top tier.
some guys have all the luck

some guys have all the pain

Some guys get all the breaks

Some guys do nothing but complain
10/08/2017 03:22 AMPosted by Regg
You must be new here.

To answer your question, Druid did not always have four specs. Guardian and Feral were, for a very long time, a single spec. Balancing the then Feral spec against other specs in terms of survivability and DPS output was extremely precarious, and so the two roles (melee DPS and tank) were split into two separate specs.

*The more you know...*
As a Blood DK DPS I am still salty
*channels Khadgar*
Because 3 would be too few, and 5 would be absurd.
It needs to be exactly 4.
10/08/2017 06:50 AMPosted by Illidia
As a Blood DK DPS I am still salty

Must say i'd like to play blood dps again but in pvp games lifesteal classes are always the outliers in terms of balance
10/08/2017 04:11 AMPosted by Ceraven
Unfair? 4 artifact weapons to try and keep up with is annoying.

Truth.....
Its balanced by DH only having 2.
10/08/2017 03:22 AMPosted by Thorgale
Because Blizzard decided that true hybrid or jack-of-all-trade classes didn't have a place in this game, and at the same time didn't think it would be fair to remove a role/form from the class when they decided to force them to specialize. The alternative is to go back to the old days where Feral was both a DPS and tank tree in one.

Which is hilarious, because they brought said hybridness back in the form of Affinity's. Granted it's a gutted version, but we still retain the hybrid playstyle.
10/08/2017 03:25 AMPosted by Makdar
10/08/2017 03:22 AMPosted by Regg
You must be new here.

To answer your question, Druid did not always have four specs. Guardian and Feral were, for a very long time, a single spec. Balancing the then Feral spec against other specs in terms of survivability and DPS output was extremely precarious, and so the two roles (melee DPS and tank) were split into two separate specs.

Why do you have to be so abrasive and rude?

wow, he really IS new here
10/08/2017 03:18 AMPosted by Makdar
Seems unfair to other players.

So, you want to do 4 sets of weapon quests and grind AP for four trees? It is a masochistic delight. Unfortunately, I am not a masochist. Or wasn't, because I have at least 4 points in concordance in all 4. :(
10/08/2017 04:11 AMPosted by Ceraven
Unfair? 4 artifact weapons to try and keep up with is annoying.

That's funny. I say this in an innocent "just joking" sort of way::: it kinda reminds me of being annoyed when sometimes after grocery shopping there is too much food and we dunno where to put it all. There are people who'd just love to have "too much food." LOL. Now *stomps feet* give monk a 4th RDPS spec!
I mean it's not unfair, unfair would be making it a locked class that only a select few could be. Anyone can roll a druid if they want to.