Wow Classic must remain the same it was !

General Discussion
11/05/2017 03:11 PMPosted by Kelpmee
Panel Q&A covered all of these “suggestions”. Classic will be true to the 2006 version. So stop asking for tweaks to it. The original version will be epic. He went on to give examples of applying buffs, waiting for the groups to ride to an instance. This will be a trip right back to the original.

There were summon stones in the 2006 Vanilla...
11/05/2017 11:04 AMPosted by Teelo
A post I made on Reddit yesterday:

[quote]The way I see it, theres two crowds:

1. People who want the same vanilla experience as back then. They just want the servers to run as 1.12 and for Blizzard not to give any updates. Vanish won't work. Addons can automate rotations. Decursive. Scarab Lord will only be available for the first 12 hours after someone opens the gates to AQ. Entire specs will be mostly useless outside of some minor niche utility situations. You can wall jump to weird places.

2. People who just want to experience the original continents with their quests from before Cataclysm shook things up, but would rather have the new systems. Decursive won't work. Vanish will. No wall jumping. Everyone can eventually get the scarab lord title if they put in the long-haul raiding effort to complete all the quests at full difficulty.

In my opinion, they could easily just make a server (or servers) for each crowd. If you don't want updates, just play on the 1.12 server. Whynotboth.jpg make both crowds happy so theres no !@#$%ing.

Sounds like an ideal option. You might as well add the option of transferring your level 60 toon who has everything he/she wanted from old-school Naxx, the Scarab lord title and mount, and everything else that was introduced in vanilla but is no longer available on live servers.

That being said Vanilla servers were already introduce because enough members of the community said "We want vanilla servers". Going on J. Allen's ice cream analogy, some people want that vanilla they had 13 years ago even if it had something of a funky aftertaste. Some people want the same vanilla but without the slightly funky aftertaste. I highly doubt there quite as many people who want a perma-1.12 vanilla server or funk-free vanilla individually. That being said I'd definitely give it a taste if it was funk-free vanilla.
11/05/2017 11:06 AMPosted by Daharahj
Going back to old graphics is absurd.

Basic QoL changes that were made through time should stay, otherwise you'd be making the game worse on purpose.

Balance is going to be tricky, I'm sure they'll keep core concepts intact and tweak a thing or two.

Changing Vanilla is absurd just appease those that want the QoL changes.
Changing what Vanilla was means it won't be Vanilla. That concept isn't difficult to understand
Panel Q&A covered all of these “suggestions”. Classic will be true to the 2006 version. So stop asking for tweaks to it. The original version will be epic. He went on to give examples of applying buffs, waiting for the groups to ride to an instance. This will be a trip right back to the original.

Yup, people wanting QoL changes for the classic server obviously don't want to play on a classic server. You can either play 100% authentic Vanilla WoW or play live WoW.
The Classic WOW should be Classic WOW. Period.

You want Vanilla WOW you get Vanilla WOW, you don't get Vanilla then say you would like sprinkles, that is not true vanilla.
11/05/2017 03:50 PMPosted by Searik
11/05/2017 03:35 PMPosted by Kni
Tool to form groups more easily

The 'guild' tool, the 'friends list' tool, and the 'communicate' tool have always worked pretty well.

unless you were on Chogall alliance
11/05/2017 11:06 AMPosted by Daharahj
Going back to old graphics is absurd.

Basic QoL changes that were made through time should stay, otherwise you'd be making the game worse on purpose.

Balance is going to be tricky, I'm sure they'll keep core concepts intact and tweak a thing or two.
Except the classic experience if you do things this way will be completely adulterated and not authentic.

You don't have classic unless its actually classic.

What you are asking for is some kind of weird hybrid non-classic realm that just has some old quests in it.

Classic should be exactly as it was at the time, no upgrades, nothing that didn't exist back then.
11/05/2017 04:05 PMPosted by Irönhoof

Yup, people wanting QoL changes for the classic server obviously don't want to play on a classic server. You can either play 100% authentic Vanilla WoW or play live WoW.

11/05/2017 04:05 PMPosted by Ròscó
The Classic WOW should be Classic WOW. Period.

You want Vanilla WOW you get Vanilla WOW, you don't get Vanilla then say you would like sprinkles, that is not true vanilla.

Go watch the Q&A panel... Brack said they're going to fix the major bugs/exploits.

You're not getting 100% as it was Vanilla.

Classic =/= Vanilla.

Classic = Modified Vanilla...
11/05/2017 04:10 PMPosted by Alecticia

Go watch the Q&A panel... Brack said they're going to fix the major bugs/exploits.

Classic =/= Vanilla.

Fixing bugs is one thing, trying to add stupid !@#$ like LFG, collections, updated graphics is another.
11/05/2017 04:13 PMPosted by Irönhoof

Classic =/= Vanilla.

Fixing bugs is one thing, trying to add stupid !@#$ like LFG, collections, updated graphics is another.

This. Loot lag and being stuck bent over until a server reset isn't the same as adding in quest markers. One is a mistake, the other is a design.
11/05/2017 03:44 PMPosted by Anitharia
11/05/2017 03:35 PMPosted by Kni
Screw the authentic Vanilla experience and purists, I've already had that. Now I want the improved Vanilla experience.

New graphics, HD zones
Viable hybrid specs with small changes
Tool to form groups more easily

So it wouldn't be a Classic server then. Which defeats the purpose of having one in the first place.

It doesn't matter how hard you try, It won't be vanilla as you remember, they'll have to remaster the game anyway for newer systems and bigger resolution.

Also there's no way you'll have the same experience as you had before, players are jaded, there are addons for pretty much everything. A lot of the charm and challenge of vanilla was that players were terrible, most of them didn't even bind skills, they choose classes because they looked cool and stuff like that. Now days everyone knows what's good and what's bad and will definitely avoid terrible specs. We'll end up with everyone picking the same classes not so much fun and not so much like the vanilla days.
11/05/2017 04:13 PMPosted by Irönhoof

Classic =/= Vanilla.

No I agree, most of the additional things people want are stupid. No LFG, No LFR, No CRZ, No Sharding.

Updated graphics I don't care either way. I can see the argument for them and the argument against them. Personally I'll take what they give us as far as that.

Collections, I think it depends on the collections. I don't really think it's needed but I see the argument for and against. No heirlooms and no appearance/transmog. As for the mounts/pets/toy box, I personally don't think there are enough or people will have enough of any of the items in those categories to justify having the collections for them.

I wouldn't be against the AH/Mail updates.
11/05/2017 11:02 AMPosted by Faradramir
Vanilla must remain the same as it was back in 2004 to 2006
It's possible that certain things, such as wall-hopping, may not be making a return.

I mean they might, but it's plausible that new hardware doesn't calculate shapes exactly the same.

I played Nost until level 30-or-so (got banned for trying to use a fly hack), so I didn't really test out the client all that much.
11/05/2017 03:14 PMPosted by Torban
Those people should be ignored as they are a very tiny minority from what I've seen.

Since the announcement I have seen a large amount of posts by players asking for things that didn't exist in Vanilla to be included.

I would hesitate to call it a minority.
I want the graphics improvements...why would they take those away... Some people want to play in HD. No one uses CRT monitors anymore.
11/05/2017 11:04 AMPosted by Teelo
In my opinion, they could easily just make a server (or servers) for each crowd.

That's a slippery slope that I doubt Blizzard wants to go down.
Keep it all the same!!!!

I can't wait for old fashion WPVP again. Remember how intense STV was like? I do. Frustrating but very entertaining. I would quest there again and again!
11/05/2017 04:20 PMPosted by Kni
11/05/2017 03:44 PMPosted by Anitharia

So it wouldn't be a Classic server then. Which defeats the purpose of having one in the first place.

It doesn't matter how hard you try, It won't be vanilla as you remember, they'll have to remaster the game anyway for newer systems and bigger resolution.

Also there's no way you'll have the same experience as you had before, players are jaded, there are addons for pretty much everything. A lot of the charm and challenge of vanilla was that players were terrible, most of them didn't even bind skills, they choose classes because they looked cool and stuff like that. Now days everyone knows what's good and what's bad and will definitely avoid terrible specs. We'll end up with everyone picking the same classes not so much fun and not so much like the vanilla days.

What in the hell is it with you guys thinking they're going to have to remaster the game and create a new client to run at 1080? You obviously never played Nostalrius. I ran 1080 just fine.
11/05/2017 03:01 PMPosted by Kathvely
11/05/2017 02:56 PMPosted by Anitharia

If you change one thing, then that opens the door to start changing other things, until we'll get to a point where it isn't Classic anymore.

It is impossible to argue this. I have a short list I would like but more then willing to agree upon pure classic so that we do not slippery slope into a morphed player request game.

I think this is the case for all of us, despite what the haters try and turn the perception of the discussion into.
If they don't add a premade group finder we will just get an oQueue inspired Vanilla port. I just googled it and see that private servers already have their own version of this... so yea... We don't need dungeon queues but premade group finder is just taking an addon that replaced forming pugs in chat and making it official.

If you think you're going to get an "Authentic Vanilla" experience, you're not, unless you can time travel.

Also, AoE loot wouldn't ruin your vanilla experience. Vanilla WoW tokens wouldn't affect you.

I don't think they should change anything related to combat/skills/talents/gear etc though.

It is NOT a black or white issue. It isn't 100% pure or nothing. People can want "vanilla with sprinkles" just as much as people can want pure vanilla.