So the Tauren are OK with burning Teldrassil?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
I never understood why the night elves lived in a giant tree anyway. I don't think the tree could burn as depicted in the art just due to it's size and the magic within. The Horde and the Alliance during the Legion invasions fought together and the classes elected the players to lead them. And now we devolve into war again? We just did the unity thing.

There are evil factions within each race. To label the Horde as the bad guys is just poor development. The Alliance story line is rooted in the past they lack leadership with good experience and noble values. They do things because they were always done that way. The Alliance needs to have a more compelling reason than the Death of King Varian. The Horde lost Vol'jin. Both sides lost leaders during Legion.

As a player, I like the Horde storyline. They are more honest about motives. And they unseated Garrosh.
11/06/2017 12:45 PMPosted by Rawrl
I had kids at Camp Taurajo! I raised my family there! When I was out saving the world from the Lich King what did the alliance do seeing an opportunity after Deathwing came? They destroyed my home! I held my small calves as they lay dead by human butchers! This druid is Tauren 1st! And Tauren is Horde!

"For you, the day that General Hawthorne graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the possibility of Teldrassil being corrupted by the Old Gods, and needed to be burned down. don't forget, BfA is gonna end with Aszhara making her presence well-known. Or maybe the Old gods tricked some people into thinking it was corrupted forcing us to burn Teldrassil down just to start this war and distract the factions from the true threat.
11/06/2017 03:42 PMPosted by Bomix
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the possibility of Teldrassil being corrupted by the Old Gods, and needed to be burned down. don't forget, BfA is gonna end with Aszhara making her presence well-known. Or maybe the Old gods tricked some people into thinking it was corrupted just to start this war and distract the factions from the true threat.

Not very smart of her if that's the case then both the horde and alliance will be fully geared and ready to react to any invasion she unleashes, we might be at war for now but in the long run it might work to our advantage instead of having our armies completely caught off guard thinking we are at peace.
11/06/2017 03:45 PMPosted by Allvoltage
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the possibility of Teldrassil being corrupted by the Old Gods, and needed to be burned down. don't forget, BfA is gonna end with Aszhara making her presence well-known. Or maybe the Old gods tricked some people into thinking it was corrupted just to start this war and distract the factions from the true threat.

Not very smart of her if that's the case then both the horde and alliance will be fully geared and ready to react to any invasion she unleashes, we might be at war for now but in the long run it might work to our advantage instead of having our armies completely caught off guard thinking we are at peace.

Smart if she feels it would impact the number of people her armies would fight against goes way down when the faction war is over. It would be a lot easier for her to succeed if our numbers dwindled from all the genocidal bloodshed.
"The world is more important than killing one another..not that it would seem for most. Oh well."

I matters to me a LOT!!! I couldn't agree more and I have a Tauren shaman and druid both. Killing each other over Azeroth's life's blood =*(
I hold NO great love for the Alliance, no matter the timeline or planet I'm involved with, but I'll not kill Azeroth after having to team up with them to supposedly save her. No honor nor victory in winning a dead Azeroth.
I really hope the burning of Teldrassil takes place after the battle for Undercity. That way the players are involved it.

We log in patch day, battle for Undercity is taken place, perhaps some lore characters dies, the Horde retreats to Kalimdor, builds back up and goes and kills some little elfys.

Would be a great event to take part in. Horde gets quests to kill elves, alliance gets quests to cry about it.

That would only work if Azshara or the Old Gods attacked before attrition and war weariness starts taking over.

With time, all armies face fatigue. There's only so much fighting any one soldier can handle, and there's only so many people of effective fighting age.

That's not counting the amount of resources and raw material required to keep the armies maintained.

Assuming Azshara and the Old Gods aren't idiots, none of this bodes well for the Horde or the Alliance if they don't figure something out soon, or at least make preparations for it.
best logic for it that i've come up with...and kinda hope blizz has in mind is...

-Horde find out Teldrasil is corrupted or aiding the old gods in some way and is a threat to the world and the alliance just dont know about it yet. Horde burn it down for the greater good...

Greymane's lust for revenge against the horde prevents the horde from ever getting a chance to explain as he has enough pull with anduin to get him to strike hard and fast. They attack undercity asap...

All out war breaks out.

As we advance further into the xpac...i suspect the threat of the old gods becomes more apparent...and we both end up facing that threat in the end. After a bitter bitter rivalry.
11/06/2017 10:13 AMPosted by Migolcow
Not to mention the other classes that have a lot of druids? I mean a strategic point or enemy city is one thing, but the tree itself seems...extreme?

I hope that there's a -very- good storyline (in game, not hidden in some paperback .01% of the playerbase reads) that explains why this is necessary and why there wouldn't be some heavy pushback to the plan from within the Horde.

The Tauren in particular have already had to swallow their anger at Cairne's death, and have always been on good terms with the Night Elf nation, standing shoulder to shoulder in Moonglade and other places including the world tree. Seems extremely out of character for them.

Reason? Ok.. so.. we heard winter was coming...... and well.. you can figure out the rest.
11/06/2017 03:53 PMPosted by Gortuk
11/06/2017 10:13 AMPosted by Migolcow
Not to mention the other classes that have a lot of druids? I mean a strategic point or enemy city is one thing, but the tree itself seems...extreme?

I hope that there's a -very- good storyline (in game, not hidden in some paperback .01% of the playerbase reads) that explains why this is necessary and why there wouldn't be some heavy pushback to the plan from within the Horde.

The Tauren in particular have already had to swallow their anger at Cairne's death, and have always been on good terms with the Night Elf nation, standing shoulder to shoulder in Moonglade and other places including the world tree. Seems extremely out of character for them.

Reason? Ok.. so.. we heard winter was coming...... and well.. you can figure out the rest.

This isn't A Song of Ice and Fire though, now is it.....
11/06/2017 03:51 PMPosted by Sparklehappy

That would only work if Azshara or the Old Gods attacked before attrition and war weariness starts taking over.

With time, all armies face fatigue. There's only so much fighting any one soldier can handle, and there's only so many people of effective fighting age.

That's not counting the amount of resources and raw material required to keep the armies maintained.

Assuming Azshara and the Old Gods aren't idiots, none of this bodes well for the Horde or the Alliance if they don't figure something out soon, or at least make preparations for it.

I'd say it would be pretty early on that she makes her presence known also when we both level up we spend our time in our own zones then can float between islands, i think it will be more skirmishes than massive battles other than the massive seige at the start, also just depends how the raids play out but they will be a neutral enemy for both alliance and horde so i think alot of our resources will have to go into that. She will probally be in the first or second raid by the looks of it.
I'm not surprised at all that the Horde burns down Teldrassil. It's what they do. Always. Heck, it's what WE do (in the real world).

Remember: the Alliance represents ourselves as we pretend we are but aren't, i.e. good, honourable, respectful of Mother Nature. The Horde represents humans (ourselves) as we REALLY are. A purely destructive force.
11/06/2017 03:59 PMPosted by Allvoltage
I'd say it would be pretty early on that she makes her presence known also when we both level up we spend our time in our own zones then can float between islands, i think it will be more skirmishes than massive battles other than the massive seige at the start, also just depends how the raids play out but they will be a neutral enemy for both alliance and horde so i think alot of our resources will have to go into that. She will probally be in the first or second raid by the looks of it.

Then that would make her Old God fodder too.

Ultimately, I still think this builds up to Old God shenanigans. Keeping us in a constant state of war can only help their cause.
11/06/2017 11:17 AMPosted by Arkimus
11/06/2017 11:12 AMPosted by Içý
Maybe Greymane did it to pin it on Sylvanas and incite a full scale war
Greymane wouldn't destroy his own people.

The same Greymane who told the Alliance and greater portion of humanity to go screw themselves because the Orcs were too expensive not to exterminate, who sparked a civil war by cutting his lands off with a giant wall, who abandoned his race to a zombie apocalypse, and who most recently defied direct orders and endangered a mission to recover world saving artifacts just so he could chase after Sylvanas, getting the Alliance's aerial flagship destroyed in the process... wouldn't sacrifice people to see his own ends met? ...

... No. No, King McGruff would absolutely let a few purple elves and "loyal subjects" (who are his to sacrifice by right, given he's their king) if it meant he got a chance to take down the Elf who killed his only son.
11/06/2017 03:55 PMPosted by Hanaleia
This isn't A Song of Ice and Fire though, now is it.....

I begin to wonder...
The Tauren were okay with the mass logging of Ashenvale, burning of forests in Stonetalon, the destruction of the mountain pass between Ashenvale and Stonetalon, the destruction due to oiling off the coast of Krasarang, the destructions of the fields in northern Barrens due to the same oiling, etc.. What makes you think they'd have a problem with this?
11/06/2017 04:04 PMPosted by Valynx
11/06/2017 11:17 AMPosted by Arkimus
...Greymane wouldn't destroy his own people.

The same Greymane who told the Alliance and greater portion of humanity to go screw themselves because the Orcs were too expensive not to exterminate, who sparked a civil war by cutting his lands off with a giant wall, who abandoned his race to a zombie apocalypse, and who most recently defied direct orders and endangered a mission to recover world saving artifacts just so he could chase after Sylvanas, getting the Alliance's aerial flagship destroyed in the process... wouldn't sacrifice people to see his own ends met? ...

... No. No, King McGruff would absolutely let a few purple elves and "loyal subjects" (who are his to sacrifice by right, given he's their king) if it meant he got a chance to take down the Elf who killed his only son.

My brother DK has the right of it. 100% spot on, I have thought this very thing myself. It's sad, but true. Dead NE's would only help to drive his agenda of revenge with Anduin and other Alliance leaders I'd imagine, both old and new. I also believe that there's Old God influencing happening on both sides.
11/06/2017 11:15 AMPosted by Wormsworth
The old world tree in Northrend was cut down because its roots grew to deep and got corrupted by the Old Gods. As a result, the tree started corrupting all life in the surrounding areas.

Maybe teldrassil is corrupted?

It is corrupted and has been for a long time! Xavius had Fandral(?) bring a corrupted nightmare branch to it. Malf and tyrande were cleansing the dream and stopped at the rit of aln ( the branch turned into the rit of aln im pretty sure) and was like uhhhhhhh we can't handle this rn. they also talked about feeling a huge dark evil presence. N'zoth? The corruption of Teldrassil can be seen above, imagine how !@#$ed up it is below, within its roots. I could be wrong abt the branch/rit of aln being the same thing though im pretty sure its the same thing.
As an arch druid, I'm against all burning of trees even if elves are living in them.