Bored....help me not be, gimme ideas!

General Discussion
People, you, like me, have fallen into the same predicament.

There is NOTHING to do.

Argus was a joke.

Hardly any content at all. Just a bunch of land with WQs, but no real story.

I have done practically every quest (current and past); I LOVE QUESTING.

I have even gotten Thunderfury......THREE TIMES.

I am looking for something to do in the game.

I DO NOT want to quit but if there is nothing for me to do that I haven't already done (3*10^4) times already then there is little reason for me to keep paying.

HELP ME!!!!

(P.S. Props if you figured out the simple math problem).
Get groups together to get old raid achievements!
Well, looking at your achievements -- Pet Battles, my man... Pet battles are the answer. And this is pet battle week so a good time to start.

Gotta catch them all!

You are light on professions as well.
See how far you can get solo in Legion dungeons. Start with normal, then heroic, then mythic.

BlizzardWatch posted today about a VDH who killed normal Gul'dan.
Well, there's always Archaeology.
10/12/2017 02:04 PMPosted by Cihys
Well, looking at your achievements -- Pet Battles, my man... Pet battles are the answer. And this is pet battle week so a good time to start.

Gotta catch them all!

I would but I already lived that part of my life.

Poke'mon is going to stay in 2nd grade.

Thank you for the suggestion though.

10/12/2017 02:11 PMPosted by Ashnazg
See how far you can get solo in Legion dungeons. Start with normal, then heroic, then mythic.

BlizzardWatch posted today about a VDH who killed normal Gul'dan.

REALLY?!

That is something I have not even considered.
Whenever I’m bored I do stuff I normally don’t do.

So: pet battles, mount collecting, pet collecting (raiding with leashes), achievement hunting, etc. I do a combination of things I normally wouldn’t. Feels like a breath of fresh air sometimes.
Fishing, take up fishing.

I have it on good authority, made-up, that once you fish all the fish, the Credits roll.
10/12/2017 02:04 PMPosted by Cihys

That one's on Blizz, the Complete !@#$eruppers of Professions in Legion.
Yes, but have you done all those quests with a character from EVERY class in the game?

If not, time to get to your alts!
Yeah, Pet battles are a blast. Nothing wrong with playing games that are similar to what you used to play.
If you are actively looking for something to do because of boredom you may be running the risk of burnout. Take a break and try a different game or activity.

Pick up a game on Steam and enjoy a whole new story while waiting for more of this one to be ready. $15 can buy a good few Steam games. Check out Humble bundle and donate to charity while picking up a big pack of new games.
You are only item level 871, you have only done lfr, and you have not done pvp. You are missing out on a lot of content, dont claim there isnt any.
Taking is break is a good idea, I haven't logged in for over a week so I might have a few hours of thing to do when I finally decide to.

Few good games out at the moment, Battle Chasers is great and hopefully Shadows of War will be good fun too.
Have you ever thought of trying Roleplay? I don't know if you are interested but personally I never have an issue with sparse content, partially because I'm casual but also because Roleplay means I always have content. We create our own stories, our own content and it's very enjoyable for me.
I too have to go with professions. Could also spam some random BGs and work on prestige to get the mounts. That's what I do in my down time, but then again I do help do all the feasts and cauldrons for our raid team.

One thing I still wanna do is go back and try the Shadowmourne thing out. I am leveling my first pally so that's probably on the list.

If nothing else try to set a goal for making gold. I don't like making 5k here or 10k there but I like big chunks so every time the nether disruptor is up I make and sell a legendary. My goal was 1 million, but I'm not sure if I will set a new goal. For the legendary I have to make sure I have 8k nethershards, 65 bloods, scales etc so each part is its own little project plus the main quests. Of course you'd have to find what you like to do.

The list kinda goes on and on and these are all mundane things that don't require extreme effort so they can be fun, but it's kind of up to you on what you like.
My best advice is actually to just quit and come back later when you’re feeling fresher.
I used to love Pokemon as a kid. Like you, I felt that it should stay behind me. However, I find myself working on the pet battle achievements these days because I'm sorta in the same predicament as you. It's not that I want to "catch 'em all." For me, it's just a means to an end...more achievements!

I don't really go around hunting for this and that. I mainly capture or purchase pets that are useful for certain builds and fights (Celestial Tournament anyone?).

Think of it this way: You spend lots of time putting together a proper gear set for raiding and/or M+. There's nothing wrong with applying that same mentality to putting together pet builds for the purpose of completing achievements.

Currently, I'm working on the Broken Isle and Argus pet battle achievements. There are a lot of them, and I gotta admit that some of the achievement rewards are pretty cool looking:

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=112945/nightmare-treant
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=128146/felclaw-marsuul

If you're really adamant about not doing the Pet Battle achievements, you don't seem to be 100% across the board for any of the achievement groups, so work on more of those :P

Maybe do some fishing stuff? There are some really cool poles, pets, mounts, and toys that can be obtained from the various fishing achievements and activities. Especially with Legion, you can use your catches to work on your cooking profession and make some pretty good foods that can then be sold on the AH for a decent amount of gold.

If neither this nor anyone else's suggestions interest you, then maybe you should take a little break and play something else for a bit! That's not meant to be dismissive, btw. Occasionally, I will take a week off and work on my ESO character. It's a great way to retain that sense of progression, and it's also nice to have a change in scenery and atmosphere.
10/12/2017 01:59 PMPosted by Arkiz
People, you, like me, have fallen into the same predicament.

There is NOTHING to do.

Argus was a joke.

Hardly any content at all. Just a bunch of land with WQs, but no real story.

I have even gotten Thunderfury......THREE TIMES.

I am looking for something to do in the game.

I DO NOT want to quit but if there is nothing for me to do that I haven't already done (3*10^4) times already then there is little reason for me to keep paying.

HELP ME!!!!

(P.S. Props if you figured out the simple math problem).

LOL.

Prestige zero, zero rating in PVP, zero progression in ToS, i871... nothing to do. Can't see your wowprog, so I am going to assume there's nothing there either.

Sounds legit.
You want story and questing?

Go play FFXIV.

(edit: no sarcasm, I really think you might enjoy it, it's very story-based)