Remember in WC3

General Discussion
When the Horde fought so valiantly to defend a huge tree?

How about we burn the most close thing to it because we "duuuh we da evil facchuuuun".

I get retcons, they are usually healthy to push certain stories, but this kinda spits on the face of everything the Horde stands for, something like, HONOR AND GLORY or something.
Horde is evil? The Alliance is the faction pissing on everyone else because of some dead !@#$%^-s. The First Horde is gone but they're pissed about that. Garrosh is gone but they're pissed about that. Sylvanas did nothing wrong. The blight wasn't her doing and the attack on Gilneas was Garrosh's orders.

So any further war is all because peace-loving Anduin has Genn whispering "kill them all" into his ear and also Jaina being a dreadlord. The cinematic and teaser with Jaina basically proved that the Alliance are the aggressors here.
Sylvanas did nothing wrong.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA /wipe tear... were you serious?
I recently replayed WC3, as it happens.

The thing I remember about it most... the single most striking memory from it... aside from how INSANELY HARD that last mission in Frozen Throne with Illidan is... but beyond that...

The opening cinematic. It's got a footman. It's got a grunt. I played WC2. I know these things. They fight. And then a giant demon the size of a house FALLS FROM THE SKY and beats them both down! At that moment I knew there was something happening that was bigger, better, more exciting than just another dumb fantasy war.

That's why I can't get behind BfA. It's just turning back the clock to a less interesting, less involved, more generic era.
11/03/2017 11:00 PMPosted by Ankadin

She authorized the creation and use of the blight...
11/03/2017 10:58 PMPosted by Kshalrrai

How about we burn the most close thing to it because we "duuuh we da evil facchuuuun".

I get retcons, they are usually healthy to push certain stories, but this kinda spits on the face of everything the Horde stands for, something like, HONOR AND GLORY or something.

To be fair, the giant tree in WC3 actually served a purpose for the world at large. This one was just a kinda-failed attempt to recreate that one.

Not that I'm condoning it in any way, it's obviously a *@#*%%@* move and I feel for my NE homies.
11/03/2017 11:05 PMPosted by Silaren

And? How is it different from an explossive?
11/03/2017 11:07 PMPosted by Springrunner

how r orindance diffrnt fram biologicul waponz halp

The blight is a weapon. A sword is a weapon. They accomplish the same thing. The part everyone is upset about when it comes to blight is the wrathgate, which was orchestrated by a rogue undead planning a coup against Sylvanas with a dreadlord.
11/03/2017 11:07 PMPosted by Springrunner

Joke

Your head
I still can't fathom what Sylvanas defenders think unless they actually like she is evil, which I can respect, evil characters are great. But pretending she isn't is just crazy.
11/03/2017 11:13 PMPosted by Elaice
I still can't fathom what Sylvanas defenders think unless they actually like she is evil, which I can respect, evil characters are great. But pretending she isn't is just crazy.

Not really a counterargument to my points.
11/03/2017 11:13 PMPosted by Ankadin

Not really a counterargument to my points.

Wasn't meant to be, just a statement.

The Forsaken were not part of the Horde then, it was the Orcs, Darkspear, and Tauren.

Truf. It does sometimes boggle my mind.
Horde is evil? The Alliance is the faction pissing on everyone else because of some dead !@#$%^-s. The First Horde is gone but they're pissed about that. Garrosh is gone but they're pissed about that. Sylvanas did nothing wrong. The blight wasn't her doing and the attack on Gilneas was Garrosh's orders.

So any further war is all because peace-loving Anduin has Genn whispering "kill them all" into his ear and also Jaina being a dreadlord. The cinematic and teaser with Jaina basically proved that the Alliance are the aggressors here.
if you honestly believe the horde is blameless in the faction conflict you have another thing coming, both the alliance and horde fight eachother based on stereotypes, the night elves likely wouldn't have supported the alliance in a faction war if their tree wasn't burnt down, and the horde likely wouldn't support a faction war if it wasn't for the alliance attacking undercity (it's unknown if that happens before or after the attack on stormwind, or even if the attack on stormwind that is foreshadowed in the new book ever actually happens) either way, both factions instigate the war.
I get retcons,

Do you? So when they retconned Draenei you were ok with that? That a evil race was now part of the glorious alliance. Because until BC there was no such thing as a good eredar. All eredar were demons under the burning legion. Anyone who played prior to BC or played WC knows there was no such thing as draenei all were eredar
I wonder how long it will take OP to realize that the Alliance are basically the third reich...
11/03/2017 11:17 PMPosted by Kydoìme
So when they retconned Draenei you were ok with that?

I'm still trying to get over the retcon with Alexstraza that happened in WC3. Prior to that she was the evil queen of the Dragons with Deathwing as her 2nd in command.

When the Horde fought so valiantly to defend a huge tree?...I get retcons

Then you get that the entire WC3 Orc faction was a retcon right?
In WC2 and before they were the evil ones.

Which is not even to mention that nothing has been explained yet. Sit back and wait until it is before you jump to conclusions about motivations. They Horde may not have even done anything.
11/03/2017 11:17 PMPosted by Kydoìme
I get retcons,

Do you? So when they retconned Draenei you were ok with that? That a evil race was now part of the glorious alliance. Because until BC there was no such thing as a good eredar. All eredar were demons under the burning legion. Anyone who played prior to BC or played WC knows there was no such thing as draenei all were eredar

If you played BC then you know the huge mess it was. Kinda like WoD on steroids. Im so glad it was totally retconned.
11/03/2017 11:10 PMPosted by Averfall
<span class="truncated">...</span>

how r orindance diffrnt fram biologicul waponz halp

They blow up, destroy everything in it's path. Just like explossives. The blight is not a contagion, it's not a poison that leaves buildings intact... it does exactly the same as explosives do.

11/03/2017 11:12 PMPosted by Therothe
Joke

Your head

It was clearly not a joke. They meant it.