Maintenance Length Why

General Discussion
Seriously why was the maintenance so long?
11/14/2017 12:22 PMPosted by Gornur

It took a while for them to tweak the RNG calculator so nothing will drop for you, Gornur.
Welcome to the world of programming? Sometimes not everything goes according to plan. They are unlikely to mention why it was longer than usual, but it's irrelevant.
oh man, for once we actually have a maintenance day where they have to do lengthy maintenance and people complain endlessly.

i'd rather them take there time and fix stuff then just let it go unfixed.

and its still far better then what we had to deal with back in vanilla.

Why do people ask?

Ha, I just woke up at my regular time a couple hours before work.

Servers are up for me. DID NOT AFFECT AT ALL!
11/14/2017 12:27 PMPosted by Kybeorie

Why do people ask?

Ha, I just woke up at my regular time a couple hours before work.

Servers are up for me. DID NOT AFFECT AT ALL!

I asked because I'm curious.
To get ready for new raid?
Their was a post about them tweaking lego dmg and dmg reduction on non tanks in wpvp but not sure if that's the reason it took that long.
Just a preview of the true Classic WoW experience. If it doesn't take that long every Tuesday it's not authentic.
Really? 1 day out of the week for this and people always complain? Y'all need new hobbies for downtime.
11/14/2017 12:27 PMPosted by Matcauthon
oh man, for once we actually have a maintenance day where they have to do lengthy maintenance and people complain endlessly.

i'd rather them take there time and fix stuff then just let it go unfixed.

and its still far better then what we had to deal with back in vanilla.

Which would be good if they didn't screw things up in the process of this very long maintenance - as per the example of the questline on Broken Shore currently.
Patch infrastructure for a raid tier
There are a lot of reasons for lengthy maintenance. Cleaning, optimizing servers, replacing hardware, patching the os, updating security software, backing up data. With so many servers all of these tasks take time.

Lately, they've been getting done early, but it's better that they take their time with their maintenance routine there is less of a chance that something gets missed that way.
Because they scheduled it that way to implement the PvP changes? God forbid?