Most fun/engaging druid spec?

Druid
So, I love the lore and aesthetics of druid and as such I want to make one. I just don't know what spec to play.
All of them! If you need to pick....Feral is a blast to play. I switch back and forth between Feral and Boomkin most of the time. Switch to Guardian if needed to tank for an elite or 2. You really can't go wrong. Both dps specs are competitive (feral just got a lot of love) Guardian is a strong tank, and Resto can heal with the best of them.
The question of what spec to play is answered by what ROLE do you want to play? Ranged caster? Tank? Heals? Melee?

If you'll be doing a lot of dungeons while leveling, go tree or bear to get quick queue times.

If you'll be mostly solo questing, take a DPS spec to speed through them (though guardian can be just as fast when pulling lots of quest mobs).

Do a little research online for the bear and cat artifact forms to see if any of them look so cool to play that your question is answered for you.
09/22/2017 10:44 AMPosted by Deruvid
The question of what spec to play is answered by what ROLE do you want to play? Ranged caster? Tank? Heals? Melee?

If you'll be doing a lot of dungeons while leveling, go tree or bear to get quick queue times.

If you'll be mostly solo questing, take a DPS spec to speed through them (though guardian can be just as fast when pulling lots of quest mobs).

Do a little research online for the bear and cat artifact forms to see if any of them look so cool to play that your question is answered for you.

I love the way the feral druid looks, but I've always felt pretty bad about energy users.
feral pre prune was the most fun. you had alittle bit of everything and felt somewhat unique.
I've always been In love with balance. Being a chicken that shoots the power of the sun and moon at people is so unique and something you don't see in any other game. I love that uniqueness.
I am partial to healing so I'll advocate for resto :D
09/22/2017 05:13 PMPosted by Darromax
I've always been In love with balance. Being a chicken that shoots the power of the sun and moon at people is so unique and something you don't see in any other game. I love that uniqueness.

How come people refer to Balance Druids as Chickens? Isn't the moonkin form more akin to an owl?
feral used to be engaging, now its super easy to play.

About fun? Feral, killing stuff while in cat form have no price.
09/25/2017 06:58 AMPosted by Deswind

I have to disagree with you on your first point. I main a feral druid and it's challenging for some. I've got a steady rotation down and am one of the better feral druids on my realm, and I have no issues. However, if you are new to playing Feral, it's tough to maintain a rotation that recycles energy frequently. Most people run out of energy and have to sit and auto-attack until they build up enough to cast another attack.

It is a fun and very engaging class to play. Would highly recommend!
09/25/2017 09:08 AMPosted by Elm
09/25/2017 06:58 AMPosted by Deswind

I have to disagree with you on your first point. I main a feral druid and it's challenging for some. I've got a steady rotation down and am one of the better feral druids on my realm, and I have no issues. However, if you are new to playing Feral, it's tough to maintain a rotation that recycles energy frequently. Most people run out of energy and have to sit and auto-attack until they build up enough to cast another attack.

It is a fun and very engaging class to play. Would highly recommend!

I got your points but ferals with the new buff they got in 7.3 have one of easiest rotations in game right now. If you go for BS/Incarn/Sabertooth and Clarity. This talents make the spec so damn easy to make damage thats its almost a joke. Just apply rip once, re aply rake when need it and just FB everysingle time at 5CP.

Even if you go 1/x/x/x/3/3/2 is not harder than before, all you need to learn is how to manage your energy and cd's and feral become easy to play.
It really depends on what role you want to take on. Ranged DPS, melee DPS, tank, healer; druids can take on any role.

Guardian: Solid and steady tank, choose it if you want to turn into a big fat furball of death and be impossible to kill.

Feral: Good damage largely through bleeds, doing some ridiculous damage since their 7.3 buff. Great for questing because of the +30% movement speed. Squishy as a wet noodle if you get aggroed.

Restoration: (I'm biased because I main resto) Healing mainly through hots, can struggle with snipe heals in dungeons if you don't know the class inside out and haven't pre-cast your heals on the target. Very unique healing class, more "predictive" than "reactive" compared to other healers such as Paladins and Shamans, but immense fun.

Balance: Never played so I can't give any input...but the boomkin dance is the best dance in the game.
Feral is definitely squishy. It has definitely been dumbed down some but...it was never rocket science before. And there are plenty if other specs that can practically do as well by mashing their face against the keyboard while playing. So even a dumbed down feral is still more engaging than those specs. And if you want you can eek out a little more dps with the right rotation. The improvement is nothing compared to what it once was but it is still there to some degree.

Well.. I'd definitely go with feral as being the most engaging. But I just flat out love the spec
I used to be a huge rogue guy, still am, but I absolutely love the versatility of being a druid. I 'main' an MM hunter and if I miss the ranged play style I just switch Boomy.
I'm loving feral, even if the skill floor was greatly lowered, it's still engaging compared to other dps specs.