The Dark Lady was a stepping stone

General Discussion
10/27/2017 12:51 AMPosted by Regg
I think I'd rather see Saurfang in charge at this point. He's not much of a warrior anymore, but I do feel that he has the wisdom, and more importantly, the restraint, to lead the Horde going forward.

I would've said Nazgrim, but he's apparently crewed up with the Ebon Blade. And, y'know, the whole dying thing.
Saurfang definitely has the wisdom and experience to be Warchief, but I don't really think he wants the mantle. I think he'd take it if it was given to him or if the Horde as a whole democratically chose him, but for himself I don't think he wants that kind of power.
10/27/2017 01:06 AMPosted by Osoroshii
I think he'd take it if it was given to him or if the Horde as a whole democratically chose him, but for himself I don't think he wants that kind of power.

I agree, and I think that's part of what makes him most qualified for the job. Saurfang cares about people, not power. I don't think he'd be afraid to send us to war if it came to it, but I also don't think he'd jump at the chance to go either, as war with the Scourge took his son.

I also think Lor'themar would make a pretty solid Warchief, but I really don't think that a Blood Elf leading the Horde is a good idea in any capacity. Any sort of diplomacy between an Elven leader and the Alliance would most likely be viewed as a potential betrayal of the Horde and renewal of relations between the human kingdoms and Quel'Thalas, and that's simply a divisive force that the Horde cannot afford at this juncture.

I would also be willing to accept Hamuul Runetotem. Seems to have a good head on his shoulders, and I think Baine in particular could probably learn a lot from him.
10/27/2017 01:12 AMPosted by Regg
10/27/2017 01:06 AMPosted by Osoroshii
I think he'd take it if it was given to him or if the Horde as a whole democratically chose him, but for himself I don't think he wants that kind of power.

I agree, and I think that's part of what makes him most qualified for the job. Saurfang cares about people, not power. I don't think he'd be afraid to send us to war if it came to it, but I also don't think he'd jump at the chance to go either, as war with the Scourge took his son.

I also think Lor'themar would make a pretty solid Warchief, but I really don't think that a Blood Elf leading the Horde is a good idea in any capacity. Any sort of diplomacy between an Elven leader and the Alliance would most likely be viewed as a potential betrayal of the Horde and renewal of relations between the human kingdoms and Quel'Thalas, and that's simply a divisive force that the Horde cannot afford at this juncture.

I would also be willing to accept Hamuul Runetotem. Seems to have a good head on his shoulders, and I think Baine in particular could probably learn a lot from him.
I would actually vote for Liadrin as Warchief (and BE racial leader) over Lor'themar; she's respected, honorable, and actually does step foot outside of Silvermoon and into the larger world to interact with its peoples, something that I think is necessary for any leader.

Blizz is setting the Alliance up for a good story with Anduin learning to become a strong king and take decisive military action if needed. I think this could be a great story to watch unfold. For us...we have Sylvanas going MIA (and clearly having a more personal vendetta than a real desire to lead the Horde), and unfortunately no one else but Saurfang is really suited to be Warchief at the moment...and I suspect he will die by the end of this expansion.
10/27/2017 01:23 AMPosted by Osoroshii
I would actually vote for Liadrin as Warchief (and BE racial leader) over Lor'themar; she's respected, honorable, and actually does step foot outside of Silvermoon and into the larger world to interact with its peoples, something that I think is necessary for any leader.

Lor'themar was a pretty significant figure during the siege of Orgrimmar. It was his naval command that blockaded Bladefist Bay, and his reinforcement of Vol'jin's ground force that paved the way for troops to enter the Valley of Strength.

That being said, I do feel like he doesn't get quite enough press. I've always thought him to be an extremely interesting character, and it bothers me some that he doesn't get very much attention.
You have to keep the warchief you have alive for longer than an expansion before you get to demand a new one.
Arthas is the WoW equivalent of "I'll get you next time, you meddling kids!". Let that sink in.
Arthas in the Horde.. are you serious?
I want Garrosh back.
10/26/2017 08:09 PMPosted by Zulamed
10/26/2017 08:04 PMPosted by Zën
Please get hooked on phonics or something.

Is that still a thing? Haven't seen a commercial for that program in years.

Yup. https://www.hookedonphonics.com
I mean, the Horde is already dead, so whatever