You all will get bored of Classic.

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 18 19 20 24 Next
People are bored of Legion right now... saying people will get bored of classic is meaningless, people come and go.

I'm curious about how they plan to handle progression, are they going to iteratively move through all the patches on a time table or just open up classic server with everything unlocked right away? What happens when they reach the final patch of classic, does it just stay like that forever, reset, or what?
Sorry, but I'd rather play something that doesn't make me feel like every player is a freaking NPC. Vanilla or bust!
Classic servers have been out for a while. Only thing Blizzard is doing is making one under there control.

Also, while I understand what you are saying you need to acknowledge OP that many want to replay a style of the game that they started out with and loved. This is no different than someone setting up their old console game and playing their favorite games again.

It's not about the content being fresh. It's about reliving an experience.

Whether they stay in it and are happy or just play for a time then go back to the current content, they are over all staying subbed and are still playing the game. Something Blizzard likes. So it's a win-win for all.
You should make a post on Walmart's subreddit about how everyone buying the SNES classic is really just gonna hate it after all and to stop even allowing the sale of them because of your premonitions.
Surprised this thread hasn't been moved over to the new forums too.

I'm not going to post to those (unless someone else calls for me to), but seems they are moving all the classic threads that were here to over there.
11/07/2017 01:04 PMPosted by Snowfox

I'm not going to post to those (unless someone else calls for me to), but seems they are moving all the classic threads that were here to over there.

This thread really needs to be moved.
11/03/2017 11:37 PMPosted by Faradramir
good try people been playing wow vanilla for more than 5 years, get over it, vanilla is just superior to your boring retail
Says the person playing retail.
i get bored with any game including legion and i will get bored with the next expansion too

i wont play a classic server every day or anything, but at any particular time i might feel like jumping on a classic undead rogue and getting a few noobs in wpvp and BGs
Even if you're correct, you have no right to be a self righteous jerk about it. And you aren't correct, because you're lumping people into a group and saying they all do the same thing, which is never true. Some of the people will get bored. Some won't.
Classic is a niche market. It remains to be seen if Blizz's implementation of Classic will generate enough traffic to make business sense. Give it a year or so and we'll see.
11/07/2017 01:07 PMPosted by Quinzal
11/07/2017 01:04 PMPosted by Snowfox

it must be bothering you soooo much
To those who played Classic and want to go back:

You already played Classic for how many years. While there are features from Classic that you would want to go back to, it is highly unlikely that.. blah blah blah vapid dribble vapid dribble

Nope. I know aaaaaaaallllllll about vanilla and if classic remains true to it you can be damned sure I will be playing there until I run out of character slots for more characters to level to 60.

Run along back to your hand holding retail WoW, stupid, fat dwooorf.
11/07/2017 01:15 PMPosted by Faiyd
Classic is a niche market. It remains to be seen if Blizz's implementation of Classic will generate enough traffic to make business sense. Give it a year or so and we'll see.

it may not make money at all

they said they wanted to preserve classic wow, and they are not going worry much about the money side or how busy it is
11/07/2017 01:15 PMPosted by Sillidan
11/07/2017 01:07 PMPosted by Quinzal

It kind of is. We finally have a place for this kind of spammy garbage. I don't want to continue to pollute GD with it.
Some will stay. Some will leave. Some will play both. Some will only drop by occasionally. Blizzard says they're okay with this.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

It kind of is. We finally have a place for this kind of spammy garbage. I don't want to continue to pollute GD with it.

the countless threads about classic servers are how we let the devs know we wanted it

lots of people told us it would never happen and to stop talking about it, but talking about it is why we are getting it

a certain ex mvp tried to tell us to stop a few weeks ago and said it was a one in a million chance, lol

yet here we are
I’m getting a kick out of it because Classic is virtually the embodiment of everything everyone complains about on these forums short of actually getting a Classic Server. Should be interesting to see how long the nostalgia stays for.
11/07/2017 01:22 PMPosted by Elysse
I’m getting a kick out of it because Classic is virtually the embodiment of everything everyone complains about on these forums short of actually getting a Classic Server. Should be interesting to see how long the nostalgia stays for.

I give it a month.

11/07/2017 01:22 PMPosted by Sillidan
11/07/2017 01:19 PMPosted by Quinzal

countless threads about classic servers are how we let the devs know we wanted it

lots of people told us it would never happen and to stop talking about it, but talking about it is why we are getting it

What?
11/07/2017 01:24 PMPosted by Quinzal
11/07/2017 01:22 PMPosted by Elysse

I give it a month.

11/07/2017 01:22 PMPosted by Sillidan

countless threads about classic servers are how we let the devs know we wanted it

What?

just saying all the classic threads over the years are one of the main reasons we are getting classic servers

they actually listened to the community

there is a lot more to talk about, we are not done yet by any means
I loved classic n bc i wont get bored I did have a 70twink all through wrath n cata i still run BC raids i'd cap a 60 but it wont be fun on live because they removed ZG20,Naxx40,Onyxia and revamp Scholo,Stratholme and Blackrock Spire.

However a lot of us have grown became more knowledgeable on raids sure most lack patience now days and will prob bow out after a single wipe in say Molten Core but even so back than things were far more rewarding even if you did not get a piece of gear you felt like you accomplished something downing a hard boss. (Not like today's wow clearing a whole raid in a day apon release)

I miss weapon skills, however hunters having a minimum range back than was killer lol and getting loyalty leveled up for pet as well when you say are a level 50 and tamed a level 5 u had to level your pet up it did not level instantly to your level and plenty more to say but I will leave it short with - Those looking forward to vanilla I will be more than happy to form a guild I remember fights well and will take in New players that never done vanilla and guide you. <3