When Classic launches, big or friends guild?

Classic Discussion
My friends and I are tossing around the idea of forming a small guild where we support each other as we level and whatnot. Just like the old days.

But at the same time, we recognize that people who raid are going to want to bring only people from their own guild, and we'll be kind of SoL on that front.

What kinds of plans do y'all have?
Im going to try to get my various groups of friends (current guild, TBC friends, real life friends) under one banner, even if its not run by one of us. There are clear advantages to being in a large guild in vanilla and I want all of us to be part of that.
11/07/2017 11:04 AMPosted by Axebreaker

No guild.

I don't intend on Dungeons or Raiding being a thing for me. I'm going to be there for Professions, Leveling, and for the challenge of the open world.

I could change my mind, however. :)
11/07/2017 11:13 AMPosted by Adramoon
I'm going to be there for Professions, Leveling, and for the challenge of the open world.

That's how I played vanilla the first time around. I played wow like a single player game: Hunter vs. World.

This time around I have friends and family who are super excited to join the game with me and play what they missed. We're going to do all the group content we never got a chance to do.
My friends and I are planning to just see what happens naturally. What kind of people we meet, guilds we get invited to, etc. It is Classic after all- community is a big part of it.
But at the same time, we recognize that people who raid are going to want to bring only people from their own guild, and we'll be kind of SoL on that front.

You needed 40 people to raid. Unless you intend to be a hard core raiding guild, you'll be fine. My guild back in the day would often pug quite a few people.
11/07/2017 11:21 AMPosted by Sparklehappy

You needed 40 people to raid. Unless you intend to be a hard core raiding guild, you'll be fine. My guild back in the day would often pug quite a few people.

Raid ZG! Also, trying to get from 55-60 we got to raid Scholo and UBRS which was ridiculous fun.

*edit* I hope we get ZG patched in eventually :)
11/07/2017 11:43 AMPosted by Arcadia
Raid ZG! Also, trying to get from 55-60 we got to raid Scholo and UBRS which was ridiculous fun.

BRD was my favourite part of wow until they cut it up. I'm super excited to try it as a 10 man raid.
Well I would hope as you play the game you'd make even more friends. It really isn't hard to scrounge up 20 for zg or aqr, the only difficulty is in getting 40. may need to recruit a bit. there's an awkward bit in the 30s where you have too many ppl for zg, but not enough for mc, so ppl who don't get into zg get bored and leave and you keep inviting and losing ppl. persevere and you'll get there. Also, there are always pugs. getting into an mc pug once bwl has been out for a while really isn't hard. eventually there will even be bwl pugs, but normally you need to already have a bit of t2 to get in. and good luck getting in to a bwl pug as a tank. I know, ive tried. you need a guild, cuz theres only room for like 3-5 tanks, and since its an important job usually they use there guildees, and by the time a guild is hosting pugs all their dps wars have tank gear and will respect for the pug.

I don't want to be super hardcore. on Elysium there was a guild that was practicing aqt on another server for months, and when it finally it Elysium buffed everything, even the adds, massively to discourage raiders from entering the raid without participating in the event. they went in anyways and full cleared the raid in like 12 hours despite all the adds and bosses having like 75% more health and armor and stuff. it was insane. but I would like to clear naxxramas before blizz makes a tbc server.
Big friends guild
11/07/2017 04:46 PMPosted by Konwizzle
Big friends guild

So, fat people?
Guilds in vanilla cap at 241 people.

This suprisingly is very easy to max out if you intend to run a big guild

It's common for large guilds to create a guild for raiders, another for alts, etc
I'd love to pull together a friends/social guild with seasonal/holiday or game-driven events, irl if most are regional or with some sort of Skype component. One blizzcon, we had a party and cooked many of the different foods we had made in game, like dragons breath chili, kaldorei spider kabobs, and dusky crab cakes (substituted chicken and actual crab for the spider parts in those last two :-P). Such a good time.

That's the dream, anyway. We'll see how things actually play out.

Oh, plus DM. We're not complete barbarians.
11/07/2017 11:13 AMPosted by Adramoon

No guild.

I don't intend on Dungeons or Raiding being a thing for me. I'm going to be there for Professions, Leveling, and for the challenge of the open world.

I could change my mind, however. :)

I think thats I'm going to do as well. I didn't care much for raiding.
Ooh...ZG! Wonder if the tiger mount will be available again?! And if somehow I could get it on my Legion char? Like a one way transfer...
Why don't you and your friends just all join the same big guild? You'd still be together, but you'd have a big load of other players to help you out when you need it, too.
No guild or a friendly guild while leveling because I have no plan to try to rush to 60. I only joined my first guild in Vanilla around level 35 to stop the guild invites. It's the journey for me, not the destination.

Most of my early BC dungeons and raiding was with friends I made during the leveling process in Vanilla who knew they could rely on me, and often asked me to fill in for missing people. I see no reason to do it any different this time around.
I plan to make a guild mostly friendly,social and raiding.

8yr raid leading XP lets see how this goes for classic leading 39 people lol granted got 11 friends joining.

I love helping New&Old players alike always have always will I know for sure once get to 60 on the classic server on down time free runs in dungeons because it benefits everyone. <3
My guild will hopefully transition off pservers to official classic server, we only face one hurdle which is region boundaries since we are an international guild with people from US, EU, AUS/NZ, and SEA.
11/07/2017 06:15 PMPosted by Yeeum
My guild will hopefully transition off pservers to official classic server, we only face one hurdle which is region boundaries since we are an international guild with people from US, EU, AUS/NZ, and SEA.

Was watching a popular steam and they were discussing creating a international guild as now they have made friends from all around the world.

But yeah their issue would be if WOW is separated between the US and EU like it is now.