Flying in BFA

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 10 Next
11/08/2017 03:45 PMPosted by Kugsneak
we're basically protesting to a brick wall now

per Ion, bliz devs are convinced this is working better than anything else and plan to use it in the future

sucks for those of us that had it better in the past

They see the numbers. Time played might have increased while subs were lost. Plus, look how great the content is. Most players do everything they present to them. They already have come to the conclusion that subs are not holding throughout an xpac. So now they have numbers that proof how great their content is.
11/08/2017 03:52 PMPosted by Ironicknight
Can't we just have pathfinder for those that want pathfinder and gold for those that don't want to deal with pathfinder? I mean flying is already level and time gated... its not like people will my flying around day 1... or even month one. Pathfinder or not.

No because these people will still cry they can't fly until level cap.

It's not an issue of having their godly precious convenience. It's just they want to complain for the sake of complaining, and this is the easiest thing to latch onto.
11/08/2017 03:46 PMPosted by Frostocles
They don't know what they want. They can't even begin developing critical thought to figure that much out.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Insults are all you have? Real mature. Just because I said I will wait until the flight is introduced you throw a hissy fit and start tossing out insults.

No one is allowed to have differing opinions or thoughts in your strict world. You sound a lot like ISIS. You really should get out and expand your life a bit. Extremism in any form is bad.

I never said YOU have to wait. I said I will CHOOSE to wait.
11/08/2017 10:46 AMPosted by Satuza
Can we please cut this pathfinder nonsense? Just for the love of god let me immerse myself in this game how I see fit. You keeping me on the ground has never made me think oooo better enjoy the quality of this tree. Being stuck to the ground just builds up angst against the environment in general for me. Please just let me pay my 5k or 10k or whatever to fly at launch. The game will be better with that.
Pathfinder is fine.

Time gating it 8 damned months, with a couple of months where they open it up in the end game content followed by another damned year where it isn't available in the end game content is not fine.

Get rid of the asinine time gating and flight will be fine.
11/08/2017 03:56 PMPosted by Druburymore
11/08/2017 03:46 PMPosted by Frostocles
They don't know what they want. They can't even begin developing critical thought to figure that much out.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Insults are all you have? Real mature. Just because I said I will wait until the flight is introduced you throw a hissy fit and start tossing out insults.

No one is allowed to have differing opinions or thoughts in your strict world. You sound a lot like ISIS. You really should get out and expand your life a bit. Extremism in any form is bad.

I never said YOU have to wait. I said I will CHOOSE to wait.

....What...?

11/08/2017 03:57 PMPosted by Lorsaire
11/08/2017 10:46 AMPosted by Satuza
Can we please cut this pathfinder nonsense? Just for the love of god let me immerse myself in this game how I see fit. You keeping me on the ground has never made me think oooo better enjoy the quality of this tree. Being stuck to the ground just builds up angst against the environment in general for me. Please just let me pay my 5k or 10k or whatever to fly at launch. The game will be better with that.
Pathfinder is fine.

Time gating it 8 damned months, with a couple of months where they open it up in the end game content followed by another damned year where it isn't available in the end game content is not fine.

Get rid of the asinine time gating and flight will be fine.

See, this is a fair criticism to make. And Blizzard already stated they realized they didn't handle Pathfinder well this expac. That's all they can do about it right now. Like... I dunno what people expect when we still almost a year left of the current expansion lol
Pathfinder isn't going away, but I do hope they shorten the delay significantly. They should be looking at four months for flying, at the latest. Especially if they have any plans to add no-flying zones later on.
11/08/2017 04:02 PMPosted by Rankin
Pathfinder isn't going away, but I do hope they shorten the delay significantly. They should be looking at four months for flying, at the latest. Especially if they have any plans to add no-flying zones later on.

What's a no-flight zone got to do with anything? You can't fly there because you're not intended to. There's nothing to it but that lol
Pathfinder isn't a good thing. It literally provides nothing while taking something away so I cant see any real arguments for it. Its just time gating BS.

That said, It wasn't as bad in WoD as it was in Legion and you even got a mount for it.

With legion though they really cranked it up to 11 with suramar rep/quest line, actual hard time gating and just plain obnoxious zone design. Then they took flight away again in relevant content after 8 months. What a joke.

I really hope the zones in BfA are less annoying to be in without flight than Argus or the other legion zones.
11/08/2017 04:07 PMPosted by Wayn
Pathfinder isn't a good thing. It literally provides nothing while taking something away so I cant see any real arguments for it. Its just time gating BS.

That said, It wasn't as bad in WoD as it was in Legion and you even got a mount for it.

With legion though they really cranked it up to 11 with suramar rep/quest line, actual hard time gating and just plain obnoxious zone design. Then they took flight away again in relevant content after 8 months. What a joke.

I really hope the zones in BfA are less annoying to be in without flight than Argus or the other legion zones.

It's almost like you're intended to run into a swarm of demons on a planet that's infested with them. I mean wow, I never imagined that could happen.
11/08/2017 11:38 AMPosted by Bril
11/08/2017 11:35 AMPosted by Glenlivett
Or LFD or LFR or map icons or quest trackers or more than 1 viable tank or ammo free bows and guns or reagent free spells or interconnected flight paths or dailies or free gold farms, etc, etc

And yet we still managed to play the game just fine, including raiding without all the various raid "helper" mods we have today.

Imagine that!

Raiding cant be that easy now since you have literally not done a single boss
11/08/2017 01:53 PMPosted by Hellasha
No, thankfully pathfinder is here, and hopefully to stay. Earning it as a reward for simply playing the game is a better way to unlock it then what we had before.

11/08/2017 10:49 AMPosted by Xathyna
And remember kids, flying wasn't an issue until Blizzard made it one!

Just because you failed to see the issue with flight as it was prior to pathfinder, doesn't mean that issue didn't exist.

I didn't fail to see the incredible sub rise in the game since TBC, and all the money that was generated for Blizzard. Somehow the "issue" with flight only came up when the game was in gradual decline, and seems to have only hastened that decline.
Nope no flying ever again now, sooooooooo many ppl have complained about flying all the time. Blizzard should take it away from us till we finish whats on our plate and behave.
Pathfinder is here to stay. It's more of a chore with level scaling than it was back in WoD without any level scaling. I suppose it's quest until 120 and gear and knock it out of the park. Then wait 8 months for part 2. I honestly wish they weren't content with the time gap forming an annoying timegate. There better be some fishing mounts to fish up for those 8 months. Myeh
11/08/2017 04:20 PMPosted by Avangaline
No, thankfully pathfinder is here, and hopefully to stay. Earning it as a reward for simply playing the game is a better way to unlock it then what we had before.

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Just because you failed to see the issue with flight as it was prior to pathfinder, doesn't mean that issue didn't exist.

I didn't fail to see the incredible sub rise in the game since TBC, and all the money that was generated for Blizzard. Somehow the "issue" with flight only came up when the game was in gradual decline, and seems to have only hastened that decline.

Oh. That argument. That's all you have, huh? I'd tell you you're wrong, because, you are, but you're not gonna believe it even if I give you evidence. Good day.

11/08/2017 04:22 PMPosted by Syrinalais
Pathfinder is here to stay. It's more of a chore with level scaling than it was back in WoD without any level scaling. I suppose it's quest until 120 and gear and knock it out of the park. Then wait 8 months for part 2. I honestly wish they weren't content with the time gap forming an annoying timegate. There better be some fishing mounts to fish up for those 8 months. Myeh

You can confirm this is exactly what will happen with the 3rd round of pathfinder. You're clearly a dev at Blizzard and can confirm this. Right?

Right?
I'm disappointed in their decision but not surprised. Pathfinder does not even get you a mount anymore. It's meaningless busywork and just frustrating. I'm hoping at least it's ONE pathfinder, not two dragged out over months with ridiculous reputation grinds.
11/08/2017 04:22 PMPosted by Vail
I'm disappointed in their decision but not surprised. Pathfinder does not even get you a mount anymore. It's meaningless busywork and just frustrating. I'm hoping at least it's ONE pathfinder, not two dragged out over months with ridiculous reputation grinds.

You had to rep grind in WoD to.

Why was it suddenly a problem in Legion?
To achieve pathfinder I will be chewing through their content so hard.

Not stopping to smell the roses.

Not taking time to look at their beautiful scenery.

Not taking time to fully read their well thought out well worded quests.

Once I get flying,my alts can immerse themselves into their content.
So it begins.

Can we get a whole forum dedicated to flying like with Classic? This is gonna be ranted about for the whole next year.

Pathfinder is wonderful. I love it. All my alts can fly right away. They've specifically said they are happy with pathfinder.

It's their game. If they're happy with pathfinder, pathfinder stays.
Flying should be more than just a way of Z axis navigation.

It should be another way to use your character. It would be super cool if we had things that we could ONLY do while flying. Certain hubs, certain world quests, different methods of fighting. Points of interest that actively try to knock us out of the sky, making us git gud to avoid it. A fatigue bar so we have to put thought into where we take off, where we fly, and where we can safely land. Y'know, actual GAMEPLAY.

I advocate for a revamp for flying similar to the revamp of battle pets, but more. Give mounts different types, racial affinities, passive effects, and more. Then I would be upset that these features aren't available until Pathfinder is completed.

Until then, it's just a way to move around the Z axis, and if you think that's 'fun', you've either set the bar EXTREMELY low, or you're just calling it fun because you won't just call it what it is, convenient. No, they are not the same thing.