Flying in BFA

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 10 Next
11/08/2017 05:38 PMPosted by Zeerionjax
When pathfinder is implemented in full, then I'll buy BfA, because I could give a tinker's damn about the sub-par work(Suramar is the exception it was great) this dev team has shown so far.

When we get a dev team that can find their own coboose's in the dark with a flashlight and a GPS, then I'll start caring what they're making, because the current one obviously can't manage it, in my opinion.

Semper Fi!

Pretty hypocritical to say that, and then end it with "always faithful."

Smh.
11/08/2017 11:31 AMPosted by Bril
The best thing about classic servers, no more god damn flying mounts!

They don't really need flying mounts because ground travel isn't filled with pointless terrain obstacles and mobs don't tend to bother players sticking to the roads (unless below the intended level for the zone).

Very different from how Blizzard designs zones now. Who knows what they're doing to the terrain for the EK/Kalimdor level cap revamp?
YA know doing it the hard way is such a cool idea I think that they need to implement one for queues.

yes, they need to have a 8 month pathfinder to unlock all queues, then open up queues for a few months, then make a new zone and back to walking to the entrances.

That is a great idea. Think of the immersion and opportunities for pvp

Maybe even have a queue pathfinder II and just postpone queues for over a year.

I mean queuing for something is just a shortcut like flying is.

Ruins immersion too.

Long as we are having pathfinder for that, how about one for riding mounts and farming nodes and professions in general.

I mean think of all the wonderful time gating and extension of content.

yep, pathfinder for everyone's wants and needs.

Heck even a pathfinder to allow joining a vanilla server.
11/08/2017 05:44 PMPosted by Joynal
11/08/2017 11:31 AMPosted by Bril
The best thing about classic servers, no more god damn flying mounts!

They don't really need flying mounts because ground travel isn't filled with pointless terrain obstacles and mobs don't tend to bother players sticking to the roads (unless below the intended level for the zone).

Very different from how Blizzard designs zones now. Who knows what they're doing to the terrain for the EK/Kalimdor level cap revamp?

The same thing can be said about Legion. Stick to the roads. That's what they're there for.

Oh... wait... that implies you actually walking somewhere by choice. Hahahaha.
11/08/2017 05:05 PMPosted by Nakhara
11/08/2017 10:49 AMPosted by Xathyna
flying wasn't an issue until Blizzard made it one!

By adding it in BC. It's not a coincidence that we didn't start getting better open world content until Mists.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Remember all the good times in WoD? Also mists dailies were the best! remember how you had to do them every day or you would be behind on progression? Great open world content! Remember all the great, inventive fun things you could do in the open world during WoD? /s

Seriously, what is wrong with you? If you don't like flying in relevant content you can ALWAYS use a ground mount, the same is not true the other way around. Pathfinder is poison.
11/08/2017 06:06 PMPosted by Wayn
11/08/2017 05:05 PMPosted by Nakhara
By adding it in BC. It's not a coincidence that we didn't start getting better open world content until Mists.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Remember all the good times in WoD? Also mists dailies were the best! remember how you had to do them every day or you would be behind on progression? Great open world content! Remember all the great, inventive fun things you could do in the open world during WoD? /s

Seriously, what is wrong with you? If you don't like flying in relevant content you can ALWAYS use a ground mount, the same is not true the other way around. Pathfinder is poison.

That anger isn't healthy.

Can't handle the fact you're getting pathfinder again?

Poor flybaby.
I hope they revamp flying, make it more mechanical, like Your always moving forward, you can dive to gain speed and glide, and if you come into contact with anything you get knocked off.
11/08/2017 06:09 PMPosted by Roxxus
I hope they revamp flying, make it more mechanical, like Your always moving forward, you can dive to gain speed and glide, and if you come into contact with anything you get knocked off.

Works for me. Just make your that means literally ANYTHING. Especially air.
i wonder what these non fliers would have done - if they had to do deep holm with out flying lol - it can not be done
11/08/2017 06:09 PMPosted by Roxxus

In a refrain I'm sure you've heard before, but not usually directed at you, "you want a flight simulator."

Adding collision planes to every tree branch in the game doesn't sound like a good use of Blizzard's time.
While playing, it is easy to see if a bot is farming a node rather then a player: they drop directly on top of the nodes. Or on quest mobs...

But if you want to detect bots at the code level using a detection pattern, it is a bit more complicated.

In WotLK, you could fly at max level.
There were a lot of bots.

In Cata and MoP, they added a bunch of mobs near the nodes.
There was a bit less bots because the they would aggro nearby mobs and waist time in combat or be killed.

In WoD and Legion, even with mobs around nodes, they removed flight until the materials were no longer relevant. There was less bots.

There is direct correlation with flight and bots:

The pathfinder achievement is simply a way of being sure that it is a human who plays and not a bot. That is also why they added garrison/class hall quests, reputation and dungeons in the achievement. It act like a CAPTCHA.

There was also a ban wave around the time flying was obtainable.
You can now pay Blizzard with WoW gold for your subsciption, services and games. I think they are simply protecting their investment.

That it is how i see it.

I didn't fail to see the incredible sub rise in the game since TBC, and all the money that was generated for Blizzard. Somehow the "issue" with flight only came up when the game was in gradual decline, and seems to have only hastened that decline.

Oh. That argument. That's all you have, huh? I'd tell you you're wrong, because, you are, but you're not gonna believe it even if I give you evidence. Good day.

11/08/2017 04:22 PMPosted by Syrinalais
Pathfinder is here to stay. It's more of a chore with level scaling than it was back in WoD without any level scaling. I suppose it's quest until 120 and gear and knock it out of the park. Then wait 8 months for part 2. I honestly wish they weren't content with the time gap forming an annoying timegate. There better be some fishing mounts to fish up for those 8 months. Myeh

You can confirm this is exactly what will happen with the 3rd round of pathfinder. You're clearly a dev at Blizzard and can confirm this. Right?

Right?
It was in the Blizzcon Q&A panel I believe. Anyway, Ion said it, and that they were happy with the pace of pathfinder. I am not a dev at Blizz. I am a demon hunter however.
wow is just a joke now.
If you think about it at least we are getting flight when back during the train wreck Blizzard admitted flying was a mistake and never wanted to add it so they compromised.

I like it in that I get to see the world they built for us then for the next year or so I can fly over it.
11/08/2017 10:46 AMPosted by Satuza
Can we please cut this pathfinder nonsense? Just for the love of god let me immerse myself in this game how I see fit. You keeping me on the ground has never made me think oooo better enjoy the quality of this tree. Being stuck to the ground just builds up angst against the environment in general for me. Please just let me pay my 5k or 10k or whatever to fly at launch. The game will be better with that.

Get used to it. Ion said they are happy with Pathfinder and its here to stay.
Hate pathfinder, haven't flown a mount in current content for 4 years because of it. I hate Surumar so that's why I won't fly in Legion
11/08/2017 04:24 PMPosted by Frostocles
11/08/2017 04:22 PMPosted by Vail
I'm disappointed in their decision but not surprised. Pathfinder does not even get you a mount anymore. It's meaningless busywork and just frustrating. I'm hoping at least it's ONE pathfinder, not two dragged out over months with ridiculous reputation grinds.

You had to rep grind in WoD to.

Why was it suddenly a problem in Legion?

It sucked then too. But at least it was 1 pathfinder.
11/08/2017 06:42 PMPosted by Ukhu
The pathfinder achievement is simply a way of being sure that it is a human who plays and not a bot. That is also why they added garrison/class hall quests, reputation and dungeons in the achievement. It act like a CAPTCHA.

Bots don't care about Pathfinder. They will find ways to exploit positioning and "fly" through the air well before legitimate players. And even if they are grounded, they care less about flying because they can go 24/7.

If anything, Pathfinder makes it harder to see and report bots.
11/08/2017 09:00 PMPosted by Vail
It sucked then too. But at least it was 1 pathfinder.

It's a common troll tactic to pretend people didn't complain about stuff back then. There was a lot of complaining about rep grinding for WoD Pathfinder, especially with how boring and limited the TJ reps were.