Void Elf Monk

Monk
velves and nightborne shouldn't be monks. Nor should belves for that matter. How can a race so given to the void/shadow/yin be able to be monks which emphasize balance and harmony?
11/22/2017 12:23 AMPosted by Leo
velves and nightborne shouldn't be monks. Nor should belves for that matter. How can a race so given to the void/shadow/yin be able to be monks which emphasize balance and harmony?

Balance means embracing Yin. I don't get why people think balance means you remove Yin but keep Yang. That would be the opposite of balance. Very much like a priest or pally is the opposite of balance. The priest(disc and holy) and pallies are 100% yang light energy.

But balance means your embracing both the disruptive/negative Yin and the healing/light Yang.

Having flawed races as monks is balance. They can be more representative of their cultures flaws while also emphasizing more light/healing than is typical of their culture.
Tbh I think the void elf as an allied race entirely is bloody stupid.
I have reservations, but depending on the final racial abilities, they could be a bada@! monk. Plus the look would be awesome in a fight. Or it could be a pile of doodoo.
Time will tell.
11/24/2017 11:54 AMPosted by Sladewolf

Having flawed races as monks is balance. They can be more representative of their cultures flaws while also emphasizing more light/healing than is typical of their culture.

Yep, which is one of the reasons why it's unfortunate that worgen can't be monks. It's a great way to deal with their whole ordeal.
Yep, which is one of the reasons why it's unfortunate that worgen can't be monks. It's a great way to deal with their whole ordeal.[/quote]

I would love to see worgen monks this makes total sense to me. Go zen to not go eating people.
As for void elfs If following the same logic I think monk is fine. But they should definetly be a horde race and night borne be alliance.
11/24/2017 11:54 AMPosted by Sladewolf
11/22/2017 12:23 AMPosted by Leo

Balance means embracing Yin. I don't get why people think balance means you remove Yin but keep Yang. That would be the opposite of balance. Very much like a priest or pally is the opposite of balance. The priest(disc and holy) and pallies are 100% yang light energy.

But balance means your embracing both the disruptive/negative Yin and the healing/light Yang.

Disc priest are all about balance of light and dark...
I almost made one, but like someone said earlier, void elves seem like casters to me. Can't really get my head around a melee one, even if they use a fair bit of magic.
02/01/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Adraste
I almost made one, but like someone said earlier, void elves seem like casters to me. Can't really get my head around a melee one, even if they use a fair bit of magic.

But I do cast though... But only with crackling jade lighting and chi wave (and maybe effuse).
5% bonus doesnt affect clones so its effectively 1/3 the output you would expect
Or go mw.
11/14/2017 08:05 AMPosted by Itsnotogre
Gross honestly
11/29/2017 10:10 PMPosted by Shavarlan
I have reservations, but depending on the final racial abilities, they could be a bada@! monk. Plus the look would be awesome in a fight. Or it could be a pile of doodoo.
Time will tell.

you have the coolest portrait picture.
02/02/2018 12:06 AMPosted by Bigboymoves
5% bonus doesnt affect clones so its effectively 1/3 the output you would expect

Seems like updating SEF with new buffs is always on the bottom of the list of things to do.
if you are going for the VE heritage armor, its probably the fastest class to level from 20 (unless you have a friend powerlevelling you)
Personally, I find that the option for any race to be monks fits into some of the lore we were given at Tian Monastery in the Jade Forest. The Pandaren don't reject any who are willing to learn—and while Pandaren monks from a lore perspective would likely be the only ones who have truly mastered the craft, traveling the path to inner peace and true balance is one that any member of any race should be able to pursue.

From a nightborne perspective, would it not make sense for at least some of those who suffered on either side of the Nightfallen insurrection to journey out into the world in search of some kind of release from the pain of the Legion occupation?
Cool i can have a monk on alliance that has all the same animations as this one
For Mistweaver PVP human is still superior -- being able to get out of stuns is more important.

We already have a teleport on short cd.
11/21/2017 10:07 PMPosted by Ninh
11/20/2017 12:39 PMPosted by Rainfable

And what keeps Lightforged Draenei from being a Monk? They have traditional martial arts practice on Argus, somehow blue Draenei remembers it and the yellow ones forgot about it?

For the Lightforged, it's likely that Argus and other worlds ravaged by the Legion don't have a great deal of the Spirit Element so they couldn't really gain a lot of power through Chi.

For the Void Elves, I guess the backstory would be that the player character nearly lost themselves to the void so uses the inner peace and focus of the Monk to keep themselves from madness.

I like the way you think!
Hello :)