A Sad Pet Request

General Discussion
So I know this is a long shot, but I figured the worst that can happen is nothing.

Recently my Cat (Deeps was his name, as in DPS) passed away. SO to honor him I was going to make one of my Battle Pet's him, as he would snuggle me as I played so having him in game would... idk... help me with his passing. The problem is he was a Tuxedo Kitty and there are no models of his breed in the game.

So here is the long shot, it would mean the world to me if a that was added to he game, so I could keep on playing and raiding with my late best friend.

Obligatory picture: https://imgur.com/a/PSmlw
So sorry to read of your loss. It's always rough when a beloved pet passes.
10/22/2017 09:05 PMPosted by Saerfurion
The problem is he was a Tuxedo Kitty and there are no models of his breed in the game.
I think it would be great to have an actual tuxedo kitty added. In the meantime though, you could try using the calico cat. It looks more like a tuxedo cat than a classical calico imo, even though it does have a spot of orange to go with its black and white.
So sorry for your loss. Last November I had to put down my almost 21 year old Black & White kitty. I found the closest in game is the pet "Widget The Departed" (which I believe comes from Halloween, so the time to get it would be now). I had that one follow me around in game for a while, it helped.
Aw. He really was a cutie.
Sorry for your loss.

What a adorable cutie.

My condolences for your loss :(
I'm so sorry for your loss.

I got a tuxedo cat when I was still a wee little girl that lived well into my collage years. He had such a quirky personality and had been around so long that it was a real shock to lose him. Home just wasn't home without him anymore. I still miss him sometimes.

Even though it's a long shot I really hope you get your wish. :)
You should check out a local animal shelter.

I think cats are basically free.
I agree with a cat named Deeps.
I didn't expect to get any feedback. Thanks people, your condolences are helping me to feel a bit better :)!

10/22/2017 09:13 PMPosted by Avabelle
So sorry for your loss. Last November I had to put down my almost 21 year old Black & White kitty. I found the closest in game is the pet "Widget The Departed" (which I believe comes from Halloween, so the time to get it would be now). I had that one follow me around in game for a while, it helped.

I'm definitely doing at least this, thank you for the suggestion!
I want a shiba inu pet for when my currently 14 year old shiba eventually sleeps his last sleep.

He still has a lot of kick (his voice is as loud as ever) to him though, unless something sudden happens I can see him living a few more years >.>
Will cost you 150 msk op
I had to help my cat friend of 18 years pass on a week ago so I know how you feel, OP. They are more than "pets". They become family. Be well.
He was a drop dead gorgeous cat and I hope we get more cat reskins as battlepets, including tuxedos.

Sorry for your loss, man.
Agreed that we need a proper tuxedo kitty model in game!

(R.I.P. Spidey the Hell-Spawned Satanic Demon Beast, 1993-2008.)
May he forever test gravity in the kitchens of kitty after life!

My condolences man, your cat was really cute.
I’m so sorry for your loss. Deeps was a really gorgeous floof.

I also fully support your request. I said goodbye earlier this year to our 16 year old b&w tuxedo Momma Cat, and I’d love to have an in game kitty looking like her as well.

C'mon Blizz, have a heart.
I think Blizzard prefers to "avoid" adding things to the game that deal with real life losses or relate to personal grief.

Such as in the past when players have had murmurings of wanting in game memorials for players in RL who passed away, and just kinda wanted something in there for them.

What if they added "my pet died" stuff, and people started an uproar that Blizzard did nothing for the sake of, for lack of a better word, bigger problems like shootings, military deaths and cancer?

How would it make them look? Are they gonna add "look alike minions" for your cat, then tell someone they can't have something for a deceased human being? You see where this is going?

I'm really not trying to minimize losing a pet you love, however, in the grand scheme of things,
a pet isn't a person, and to give out "grief products" in an already addictive video game with a bad reputation, opens the door for all sorts of bad publicity.

It would be a bad business decision for the sake of people's cats, you're expected to deal with at least some of real life without World of Warcraft, and you probably should.
Even if they did this, your actual cat would still be dead and can't be replaced by a bunch of 1's and 0's. Just go to a shelter and get a new REAL cat.
My oldest cat is only 3, I'm still good for now