Blizz Monitored Survey TAMPERED

Classic Discussion
1 2 3 17 Next
11/14/2017 10:29 PMPosted by Wlv
Survey:
https://goo.gl/forms/rOHYFFp6i74a8or13

Proof of Blizzard monitoring it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/7d1bea/the_ultimate_wow_classic_design_survey_help/dpuaid2/

So by now everyone has probably seen or voted in the "Blizz Monitored Survey" (see above).

Some of the questions are worded very poorly (which I'll get into down below), but even more concerning is the fact that I've found this poll re-posted on many Non-Classic/Legacy boards -- including r/wow which has a VERY Anti-Legacy bias.

Due to the huge saturation of players who aren't even interested in Legacy voting on this poll, it's safe to say that the results are pretty much meaningless.

Not to mention CLASS BALANCE. Something that even the Blizzard Devs acknowledged last night that the majority of us are AGAINST. Is coming up ~50/50%.

But look at the question itself!
Would you like to see Blizzard periodically balance classes in the future?

To me this reads as "Would you like to see Blizzard balance classes periodically, as they were balanced from Patch 1.1 to 1.12" -- because Balancing Changes DID happen in Vanilla, which most of us are OK with. What we are against are NON-VANILLA class-balance changes, like making Prot Paladins Main Tanks.

A better question would have been:

"Would you like to see Blizzard re-balance classes further? (This was not a part of Vanilla)"

Several other "Non Vanilla Changes" are winning in the poll as well.

Between the poorly worded questions, and this poll being shared like wildfire on Anti-Classic Boards, nobody should pay it any attention.

EDIT: The poll was closed eventually due to the invalidated results.
Are you ready to be told that your points are invalid and that you're just upset that your point of view isn't winning?
They did the same to Bernie
11/15/2017 09:23 AMPosted by Nakadashi
Are you ready to be told that your points are invalid and that you're just upset that your point of view isn't winning?

It doesn't mean anything when people are voting on this poll who aren't even part of the Classic Community.

R/Wow is extremely anti-legacy, and is the highest volume WoW subreddit.
If you have multiple google accounts you can take the poll multiple times.
As someone who is in favor of some of these changes but has a conscience I will say that this post has made me a little bit upset. I say a little because this could very well be unintentional bias, but it's a bit fishy. Never attribute to malice what could be attributed to incompetence.
11/15/2017 09:24 AMPosted by Frostchi
It doesn't mean anything when people are voting on this poll who aren't even part of the Classic Community.

I know. I agree. But people are going to shill their side using any evidence they can get. Also, I voted like eighteen times.
"Am I out of touch? No! It's the children who are wrong!" -Principal Skinner
I regret arguing with Crepe over whether polls should be used here, he was right.

The beautiful thing about WoW:Classic is that it isn't being made only for the highly toxic "classic community".

It's being made for everyone that loved/s WoW. :)
Yea I was able to vote like 20 times on that thing, I didn't but had to option to swap to one of 20 junk gmail accounts.
11/15/2017 09:27 AMPosted by Fallanaa

The beautiful thing about WoW:Classic is that it isn't being made only for the highly toxic "classic community".

It's being made for everyone that loved/s WoW. :)

People who were "Anti-Legacy" or "Wall-of-no" aren't the Target audience for WOW:Classic.
There is so many ways to manipulate that it's not funny. What really needs to happen is Blizzard making something like this that is tied to BattleNet accounts.
That looks like the same poll that had hillary willing by a landslide.
Lmao. I don't mean to be mean, but saying a survey was tampered with because respondents disagreed with you is ridiculous.
I don't think you know what tampering means.
11/15/2017 09:30 AMPosted by Churchmouse
Lmao. I don't mean to be mean, but saying a survey was tampered with because respondents disagreed with you is ridiculous.
-paid Russian
11/15/2017 09:30 AMPosted by Churchmouse

I didn't say that.

If the poll was localized directly to this Forum, and required a BNet account at least 1 year old to respond --- I would be fine with the survey if it showed different results than I expected.

The fact is though -- that people are multi-voting on this, and it's being shared on SubReddits and other boards that have an extremely Anti-Classic Bias. This being the most concerning part.
11/14/2017 10:29 PMPosted by Wlv
Survey:
https://goo.gl/forms/rOHYFFp6i74a8or13

Proof of Blizzard monitoring it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/7d1bea/the_ultimate_wow_classic_design_survey_help/dpuaid2/

So by now everyone has probably seen or voted in the "Blizz Monitored Survey" (see above).

Some of the questions are worded very poorly (which I'll get into down below), but even more concerning is the fact that I've found this poll re-posted on many Non-Classic/Legacy boards -- including r/wow which has a VERY Anti-Legacy bias.

Due to the huge saturation of players who aren't even interested in Legacy voting on this poll, it's safe to say that the results are pretty much meaningless.

Not to mention CLASS BALANCE. Something that even the Blizzard Devs acknowledged last night that the majority of us are AGAINST. Is coming up ~50/50%.

But look at the question itself!
Would you like to see Blizzard periodically balance classes in the future?

To me this reads as "Would you like to see Blizzard balance classes periodically, as they were balanced from Patch 1.1 to 1.12" -- because Balancing Changes DID happen in Vanilla, which most of us are OK with. What we are against are NON-VANILLA class-balance changes, like making Prot Paladins Main Tanks.

A better question would have been:

"Would you like to see Blizzard re-balance classes further? (This was not a part of Vanilla)"

Several other "Non Vanilla Changes" are winning in the poll as well.

Between the poorly worded questions, and this poll being shared like wildfire on Anti-Classic Boards, nobody should pay it any attention.

I really don't see how this poll was tampered with considering, the major things like flight, LFR, and LFD have thus far bein overwhelmingly voted against. Everything I see from the responses seem to pretty generally reflect what the discussion in these forums looks like in terms of numbers of people on each side of a given issue.