Blizz Monitored Survey TAMPERED

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 17 Next
OP is in denial and also salty that s/he might not get what he desires.

"Either you're with me, or you're invalid!"

Lel.
Yes, that's mostly a reddit opinion poll. If the CM's use that information for anything then they're not doing their job correctly.
11/15/2017 09:35 AMPosted by Jentso
Yes, that's mostly a reddit opinion poll. If the CM's use that information for anything then they're not doing their job correctly.

Exactly, and it's been shared on R/WoW which has been extremely Anti-Legacy.

I would take the results with a grain of salt.

Otherwise...

Get ready for Guild Banks, Improved Graphics, Prot Paladin Main Tanks, Class Balance, Auto Loot, and other QOL Changes!
11/15/2017 09:24 AMPosted by Frostchi
11/15/2017 09:23 AMPosted by Nakadashi
Are you ready to be told that your points are invalid and that you're just upset that your point of view isn't winning?

It doesn't mean anything when people are voting on this poll who aren't even part of the Classic Community.

The Classic servers are for everyone.
11/15/2017 09:24 AMPosted by Frostchi

It doesn't mean anything when people are voting on this poll who aren't even part of the Classic Community.

The Classic servers are for everyone. Get over yourself.

The classic servers HAPPENED because of the loud and vocal community that opposed the Naysayers and "Wall of No Trolls".

You might have changed your tune now since Blizzard officially supports the concept, but that just makes you a fraud.

The Classic Servers are for people who want to RE-LIVE Vanilla the way it was. People who want a completely different product than Vanilla already have one -- Legion.
People on the internet being dishonest? Never, good sir!
OP is complaining about auto loot in vanilla.

Auto loot was in vanilla. You shift clicked.

Op didn’t play anything past a private server and thinks they know vanilla.
11/15/2017 09:29 AMPosted by Frostchi

People who were "Anti-Legacy" or "Wall-of-no" aren't the Target audience for WOW:Classic.

You are part of the wall of no. You've posted at least three threads that amounted to "no," and every post you make is a variation of "no because no."

Are you claiming you're not the target audience for WoW Classic?
11/15/2017 09:58 AMPosted by Belandvia

It's been a while but iirc shift-click only loots the mob in front of you.

Current auto-loot can loot entire areas of dead monsters.
11/15/2017 10:00 AMPosted by Frostchi
11/15/2017 09:58 AMPosted by Belandvia

It's been a while but iirc shift-click only loots the mob in front of you.

Current auto-loot can loot entire areas of dead monsters.

That is AoE looting. Totally different.
11/15/2017 09:37 AMPosted by Frostchi
11/15/2017 09:35 AMPosted by Jentso

Exactly, and it's been shared on R/WoW which has been extremely Anti-Legacy.

I would take the results with a grain of salt.

Otherwise...

Get ready for Guild Banks, Improved Graphics, Prot Paladin Main Tanks, Class Balance, Auto Loot, and other QOL Changes!

Notice how the CM's haven't discussed the poll on these forums at all? They're perfectly fine with posting it on Reddit and discussing the fact that they want balance changes there but not here. Why is that?
11/15/2017 09:27 AMPosted by Fallanaa
The beautiful thing about WoW:Classic is that it isn't being made only for the highly toxic "classic community".

It's being made for everyone that loved/s WoW. :)

People who were "Anti-Legacy" or "Wall-of-no" aren't the Target audience for WOW:Classic.

Blizzard's target audience is anyone with a wallet and willing to use it.

The entitlement, gate keeping, and us-vs-them mentality does nothing to help your case and only furthers a deepening rift of resentment.
11/15/2017 09:55 AMPosted by Frostchi

The classic servers HAPPENED because of the loud and vocal community that opposed the Naysayers and "Wall of No Trolls".

Yet another "wall of no" raised.

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a villain.
11/14/2017 10:29 PMPosted by Wlv
Survey:
https://goo.gl/forms/rOHYFFp6i74a8or13

Proof of Blizzard monitoring it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/7d1bea/the_ultimate_wow_classic_design_survey_help/dpuaid2/

So by now everyone has probably seen or voted in the "Blizz Monitored Survey" (see above).

Some of the questions are worded very poorly (which I'll get into down below), but even more concerning is the fact that I've found this poll re-posted on many Non-Classic/Legacy boards -- including r/wow which has a VERY Anti-Legacy bias.

Due to the huge saturation of players who aren't even interested in Legacy voting on this poll, it's safe to say that the results are pretty much meaningless.

Not to mention CLASS BALANCE. Something that even the Blizzard Devs acknowledged last night that the majority of us are AGAINST. Is coming up ~50/50%.

But look at the question itself!
Would you like to see Blizzard periodically balance classes in the future?

To me this reads as "Would you like to see Blizzard balance classes periodically, as they were balanced from Patch 1.1 to 1.12" -- because Balancing Changes DID happen in Vanilla, which most of us are OK with. What we are against are NON-VANILLA class-balance changes, like making Prot Paladins Main Tanks.

A better question would have been:

"Would you like to see Blizzard re-balance classes further? (This was not a part of Vanilla)"

Several other "Non Vanilla Changes" are winning in the poll as well.

Between the poorly worded questions, and this poll being shared like wildfire on Anti-Classic Boards, nobody should pay it any attention.

"Some changes are winning, it must be rigged / tampered with"

How can people be so close minded to the idea that not everyone has the same opinion on everything, even people within the same group!?
11/15/2017 10:03 AMPosted by Lugha

The entitlement, gate keeping, and us-vs-them mentality does nothing to help your case and only furthers a deepening rift of resentment.

Except the people who so vehemently opposed Legacy Servers because "Live is better" still have that option.

Now they're nothing but hypocrites. Their opinions on Legacy are nothing but a means of sabotage.

The people who made WOW:Classic happen (AKA the passionate Legacy Community) are the ones who should have their voices heard first and foremost.
I think the 50/50 split on some issues like class balance is because of how poorly the question was worded.

If it was asked, "Should classes be balanced at the start of the Server?"

I think the response would be 75%+ "No"
If the survey was "tampered with" I don't think you would see 90%+ of people saying no to LFD, LFR, and flying.
11/15/2017 10:06 AMPosted by Wicker
I think the 50/50 split on some issues like class balance is because of how poorly the question was worded.

If it was asked, "Should classes be balanced at the start of the Server?"

I think the response would be 75%+ "No"

That doesn't make it poorly worded. It's a very specific question.

11/15/2017 10:05 AMPosted by Frostchi
11/15/2017 10:03 AMPosted by Lugha

Except the people who so vehemently opposed Legacy Servers because "Live is better" still have that option.

Now they're nothing but hypocrites. Their opinions on Legacy are nothing but a means of sabotage.

The people who made WOW:Classic happen (AKA the passionate Legacy Community) are the ones who should have their voices heard first and foremost.

They might be hypocrites.

Hypocrites, with wallets.
I'd have to agree.

IF most of these get put in looks like I'll be sticking to private servers. Or finally pull the plug and move on to a new MMO.
11/15/2017 10:06 AMPosted by Wicker

Yes that is definitely part of it.

11/15/2017 10:07 AMPosted by Wicker
If the survey was "tampered with" I don't think you would see 90%+ of people saying no to LFD, LFR, and flying.

I would be highly suspect of any results that come from R/WOW. The sheer volume of responses on that poll mostly comes from there, it's the largest wow subreddit by far iirc. They were also one of the most Anti-Legacy communities prior to the WOW:Classic announcement.