Blizz Monitored Survey TAMPERED

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 17 Next
11/15/2017 10:05 AMPosted by Frostchi
11/15/2017 10:03 AMPosted by Lugha

Blizzard's target audience is anyone with a wallet and willing to use it.

The entitlement, gate keeping, and us-vs-them mentality does nothing to help your case and only furthers a deepening rift of resentment.

Except the people who so vehemently opposed Legacy Servers because "Live is better" still have that option.

Not when it comes to the content available in classic, that's not an option at all. That was removed from retail three expansions ago.
Except the people who so vehemently opposed Legacy Servers because "Live is better" still have that option.

Now they're nothing but hypocrites. Their opinions on Legacy are nothing but a means of sabotage.

The people who made WOW:Classic happen (AKA the passionate Legacy Community) are the ones who should have their voices heard first and foremost.

Except plenty of people weren't opposed to Legacy servers and don't want the retail changes.

Just because they had a different idea than you did doesn't mean they worked any less.
I you're so suspect to any of the results that would have come from that forum, then WHY DID YOU BOTHER TO ATTEMPT TO DRIVE TRAFFIC TO IT SPECIFICALLY ASKING PEOPLE TO SUPPORT YOUR CAUSE?

If you really believed what you say you do now, you would have discourage people from using the poll period. Now, you're just backpedaling because it's blowing up in your face.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Not when it comes to the content available in classic, that's not an option at all. That was removed from retail three expansions ago.

Can you read? I said people who OPPOSED Legacy Servers, still have the option to play on Live.

Why would they want to play content from over 3 expansions ago if they've so viciously opposed Legacy Servers? You make no sense.

11/15/2017 10:13 AMPosted by Desiku
I you're so suspect to any of the results that would have come from that forum, then WHY DID YOU BOTHER TO ATTEMPT TO DRIVE TRAFFIC TO IT SPECIFICALLY ASKING PEOPLE TO SUPPORT YOUR CAUSE?

So? That was before it was shared to every Anti-Classic Subreddit. Everyone knows it's not an official poll, the only reason we even slightly cared is because Blizz CM's said they would monitor it.

If you take the opinions of Anti-Legacy Trolls on r/wow seriously, then I question your commitment to WOW:Classic.
The OP has a good point. There is no way for us to discern demographic of people voting on this poll. Why should people who hate "vanilla" wow or players who don't have the same level of enthusiasm or emotional investment in this be allowed to vote on something that the CMs may or may not use in forwarding to the classic wow team?

This announcement to release Classic WoW was a direct response from the backlash Blizz got from the private server community, its not hard figure out who the target audience is, and blizz needs to take this seriously and stop this nonsense.

Blizz shouldn't even have announced classic wow without having a framework or foundation in place. They are just as responsible for this madness as both sides are.
The people who made WOW:Classic happen (AKA the passionate Legacy Community) are the ones who should have their voices heard first and foremost.

Actually, Blizzard is making WoW:Classic happen. Not, this "Legacy community".

Blizzard should listen to everyone that will be playing the servers equally.

It isn't being made specifically for you. Y'all are going to need to get over that garbage real fast.
Honestly the only real change I agreed with in that survey was the addition of auto loot. I'd rather not worsen my carpal tunnel syndrome from the required grinding in vanilla, thanks.

Some votes were just downright stupid, though. Like the one where people wanted an extended terrain view distance - do they not understand that the limited view was pretty imperative to the vanilla experience? It made things dangerous and also gave the illusion of a vast world.
The OP has a good point. There is no way for us to discern demographic of people voting on this poll. Why should people who hate "vanilla" wow or players who don't have the same level of enthusiam or emotional investment in this be allowed to vote on something that the CMs may or may not use in forwarding to the classic wow team? This announcement to release Classic WoW was a direct response from the backlash Blizz got from the private server community, its not hard figure out who the target audience is, and blizz needs to take this seriously and stop this nonsense.

Blizz shouldn't even have announced classic wow without having a framework or foundation in place. They are just as responsible for this madness as both sides arae.

If someone asks you want you want, and you take the timeout of your day to do a couple minute survey to answer their question, you have at least some interest on the topic.

Is it a very good source of info? No but it's a decent litmus test and could be used to base official polls off of or the like. Or perhaps as a nail in the coffin to not have polls at all! Stats are fun.

I agree, I would've preferred a better framework. But Blizzard clearly wanted to just throw it out there and gauge a response. I think it's apparent they didn't expect their announcement to clearly dwarf excitement for B4A.
11/15/2017 10:16 AMPosted by Fallanaa

It isn't being made specifically for you. Y'all are going to need to get over that garbage real fast.

The meeting with Nostalrius (they admit they've also kept in contact since the meeting), the petition, and many other factors also played into the decision. They would not have announced WOW:Classic if they did not think there was support for it.

Guess who was showing the support? The Legacy Community. The majority of Mainstream WoW Players didn't even attempt to hide their disdain for Legacy. But now all of a sudden since Blizzard made it official, the Mainstream WoW fanboys are changing their tune.

Heck, I really enjoy Live as well, so I guess that makes me a "Mainstream WoW fanboy", but I don't blindly support Blizzard on everything they do. And I've supported Legacy from the start.
11/15/2017 09:34 AMPosted by Akaidian
OP is in denial and also salty that s/he might not get what he desires.

11/15/2017 08:35 AMPosted by Akaidian
Considering it was ruined for me from the start specifically because it took them so long (till wrath) to get ret to be fully accepted as a viable raid pick, I'm saying don't !@#$ it up this time by leaving things broken, such as "lolret"

You seem to be an equal to the dead sea my friend.
looks like you have a little salt in your poll.
11/15/2017 10:19 AMPosted by Frostchi

Guess who was showing the support? The Legacy Community.

I signed that petition as soon as it came up. I've been advocating for the type of vanilla wow server I want for ever. I even posted on nost when it was first starting if they were planning on balancing classes at all and got a typical "that's not very wow-like" response. I've been after the same thing this ENTIRE TIME and have been doing as much to support my view as anyone else.

Just because what I've desired this whole time is different from you does not mean your view is better.

11/15/2017 10:19 AMPosted by Kalemne
You seem to be an equal to the dead sea my friend.

I'm not the one here arguing that everyone should change their tune to fit mine and throwing a fit when they don't, or saying their desires are flat out wrong to have. I'm simply defending my view as a valid one and shutting down this idea that purists did everything and are the only ones who should be considered during the development of this project. It's easy to see why that shouldn't be the case.
11/15/2017 10:17 AMPosted by Lugha
The OP has a good point. There is no way for us to discern demographic of people voting on this poll. Why should people who hate "vanilla" wow or players who don't have the same level of enthusiam or emotional investment in this be allowed to vote on something that the CMs may or may not use in forwarding to the classic wow team? This announcement to release Classic WoW was a direct response from the backlash Blizz got from the private server community, its not hard figure out who the target audience is, and blizz needs to take this seriously and stop this nonsense.

Blizz shouldn't even have announced classic wow without having a framework or foundation in place. They are just as responsible for this madness as both sides arae.

If someone asks you want you want, and you take the timeout of your day to do a couple minute survey to answer their question, you have at least some interest on the topic.

I am just worried that people on R/WoW with an "interest" in this have ulterior motives and are not as inclined to see this project succeed.
There shouldn't be a survey or a debate in the first place. Bilzzard needs to be wise leaders and declare NO CHANGES to Classic WoW. Classic is not for the crybullies asking for changes, it's for Purists that can't enjoy Vanilla WoW as it was for them years ago legally. Crybullies who want change have their home at retail, so why are they now raiding Classic trying to change the environment to suit their needs instead of adapting when they can literally just go to their retail safespace.

It's so selfish to ask for changes when your ideal version of the game is already available to you through retail.

Guess who was showing the support? The Legacy Community.

I signed that petition as soon as it came up. I've been advocating for the type of vanilla wow server I want for ever. I even posted on nost when it was first starting if they were planning on balancing classes at all and got a typical "that's not very wow-like" response. I've been after the same thing this ENTIRE TIME and have been doing as much to support my view as anyone else.

Just because what I've desired this whole time is different from you does not mean your view is better.

This is NOT about you. Stop trying to hijack threads.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

The meeting with Nostalrius (they admit they've also kept in contact since the meeting), the petition, and many other factors also played into the decision. They would not have announced WOW:Classic if they did not think there was support for it.

Guess who was showing the support? The Legacy Community. The majority of Mainstream WoW Players didn't even attempt to hide their disdain for Legacy. But now all of a sudden since Blizzard made it official, the Mainstream WoW fanboys are changing their tune.

You just seem to not want 'those people' to enjoy the thing you enjoy.

That's a very immature way to go through life, it's very reminiscent of High School. If the jocks and the popular girls suddenly start to like the nerdy videogames they made fun of the nerds for.... So?

Even if they're hypocrites, does it really matter? And does it matter for the people selling those games? They just have more people to sell to.

I get that Blizzard could potentially pull it into a direction you don't like, but that's honestly the way it is with the vast majority of consumable media that's released based upon old IPs or works these days. Mayhaps you'll like the new things, mayhaps you won't.

Old WoW has the unfortunate status of being 'gone'. Unlike a copy of Super Mario Bros. for the NES you can't just pop it back in, not really. But this isn't unique, it reminiscent of non-physical media, like parties or social events. Sometimes the best way to get that feeling back that you had from these things isn't a 1:1, it's an approximation of it, carefully tailored to try and recapture it.

In other words. Chuck E. Cheeses isn't for adults. That's why Dave and Busters is marketed towards them.

11/15/2017 10:17 AMPosted by Lugha

I am just worried that people on R/WoW with an "interest" in this have ulterior motives and are not as inclined to see this project succeed.

I would hope that people who Enjoy both WoW and Blizzard's projects wouldn't want said things to fail out of spite. At the end of the day this is more WoW content for them to potentially enjoy, and assuming there's a grand conspiracy at work is usually a bad thing. There almost never is.
11/15/2017 10:14 AMPosted by Frostchi

Can you read? I said people who OPPOSED Legacy Servers, still have the option to play on Live.

Why would they want to play content from over 3 expansions ago if they've so viciously opposed Legacy Servers? You make no sense.

How about because I played in Vanilla and miss that content? I'd love to be able to take a new retail alt through that content. What I don't miss is everything else about Vanilla.

And the reason some of us were so "viciously opposed" was because of the nonstop spam when Blizzard had already given an answer.
The classic servers HAPPENED because of the loud and vocal community that opposed the Naysayers and "Wall of No Trolls"

You might have changed your tune now since Blizzard officially supports the concept, but that just makes you a fraud.

My tune? I have no love for the game post-TBC. It has been atrocious since then. I would prefer Classic and play on a private server. I'm also not so close-minded that I believe all change is bad. I don't live in an echo chamber.

The Classic Servers are for people who want to RE-LIVE Vanilla the way it was. People who want a completely different product than Vanilla already have one -- Legion.

I'm so sorry. As it turns out, Blizzard believes the design and implementation of Classic is open to interpretation, based on the fact that they're asking for feedback. The developers of the game do not agree with your mentality.

The servers are for everyone.
You just seem to not want 'those people' to enjoy the thing you enjoy.

Those people didn't want me to have a thing to enjoy when they already had something they enjoy.

Excuse me if I don't feel sympathetic for people who said "LOL NO" to Legacy for years having a voice in this.

Those players already enjoy Live.

We have the potential to enjoy Classic. Except now they want to ruin that too.
Blizz isn't going to change anything.