Blizz Monitored Survey TAMPERED

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 17 Next
11/15/2017 10:06 AMPosted by Wicker
I think the 50/50 split on some issues like class balance is because of how poorly the question was worded.

If it was asked, "Should classes be balanced at the start of the Server?"

I think the response would be 75%+ "No"

I think you're not understanding the difference. I think a lot of people want the classes to be as they were at the start, but there's no reason to keep the game stagnant forever. The only reason it was stagnant before was because it wasn't official anymore. I've been super in favor of Old School style games for a long time. I was really hyped for OSRS and also really hyped when it took off in a new direction from RS...3? Whatever they were on. Pretty much all of the new changes had been great, and they didn't end up putting the controversial stuff in the game. I think Classic WoW should take this direction as well. Keep the mentality of Classic and make new things exactly like it. Why not?

The difference with that and Retail WoW is that, in retail, they're constantly thinking, "How do we make this game more consumer friendly?" which isn't what Classic was about. If they made a "Classic" version of Legion, it would be drastically different than Live. Their goal would not be to innovate, but to simply create new areas and raids to play in with the exact same kind of mechanics as Vanilla, just like OSRS did.

Now, I'm not advocating for changes THAT drastic. The example of Classic Legion is just to prove a point. The game would never end up like retail if they keep the mentality of "We need to make this as Vanilla as possible." Every expansion after Vanilla WoW was not made with that mentality and it's why we're here now in live.

What we really wanted was for the constant spam on GD to stop. It's like when my five year old asks me for something, the first time I'm nice when I say no, then I get more stern, and when he insists on crying, stomping his feet, and repeating himself for an extended period of time I eventually start screaming and taking things away from him.

You let a five year old get the best of you? lol

If your saying I should just ignore him that doesn't work, when he doesn't get a response he eventually starts poking you, in the face of your sitting down, to get your attention.
11/15/2017 10:52 AMPosted by Xoja
I don’t understand why they can’t make a poll on this forum.

The CM's are not part of the "no changes" group so they are promoting their agenda in communities outside of this forum. IMO it's unprofessional.

Honestly they should make a poll on this website -- must have a Bnet Account that has existed for at least a year (or more) in order to vote.

Eliminates double votes
Ensures only current/former WoW players are voting
etc.

It would be a lot more accurate.

They could even make two versions of the poll, one for newer players, and one for older veterans. Would be interesting to see the differences.
11/15/2017 10:55 AMPosted by Jentso

The CM's are not part of the "no changes" group so they are promoting their agenda in communities outside of this forum. IMO it's unprofessional.

This isn't a new thing either, they've been doing it for years. They will go silent on the Forums, but then pop up all over the place on Twitter/Reddit. To get in contact with Devs/Community team you almost NEED to use one of these platforms now.

I mean they're great tools to stay in touch with a tech savvy community, but when you have your own Proprietary Community System (the wow forums), I feel like they should be focusing their energy here more.
"Would you like an option to pay an additional $15/month to double your leveling rate?"

The !@#$
11/15/2017 09:30 AMPosted by Churchmouse
Lmao. I don't mean to be mean, but saying a survey was tampered with because respondents disagreed with you is ridiculous.

This is like Republicans voting in the Democrats Primary.
11/15/2017 10:55 AMPosted by Amarlly

You let a five year old get the best of you? lol

If your saying I should just ignore him that doesn't work, when he doesn't get a response he eventually starts poking you, in the face of your sitting down, to get your attention.

I never said to ignore your five year old. I'm no parenting expert but using distraction methods usually work on five year olds.
11/15/2017 10:55 AMPosted by Frostchi

Honestly they should make a poll on this website -- must have a Bnet Account that has existed for at least a year (or more) in order to vote.

Eliminates double votes
etc.

They could even make two versions of the poll, one for newer players, and one for older veterans. Would be interesting to see the differences.

They should do something official and IMO email it out to all bnet accounts since 2004.
11/15/2017 11:00 AMPosted by Iiscarlia
11/15/2017 09:30 AMPosted by Churchmouse
Lmao. I don't mean to be mean, but saying a survey was tampered with because respondents disagreed with you is ridiculous.

This is like Republicans voting in the Democrats Primary.

Great analogy.

Yes, that was what I was trying to stress by this Poll showing up on subreddits like R/Wow (which are/were very anti-legacy).

11/15/2017 11:00 AMPosted by Jentso
They should do something official and IMO email it out to all bnet accounts since 2004.

Well some accounts are still Pre-Battle.Net account particularly for the oldest of players. Not sure how it'd work out. But yeah they need to do some sort of "official" polling that is more reliable (and most certainly has better worded questions).
11/15/2017 10:59 AMPosted by Frostchi
11/15/2017 10:55 AMPosted by Jentso

This isn't a new thing either, they've been doing it for years. They will go silent on the Forums, but then pop up all over the place on Twitter/Reddit. To get in contact with Devs/Community team you almost NEED to use one of these platforms now.

I mean they're great tools to stay in touch with a tech savvy community, but when you have your own Proprietary Community System (the wow forums), I feel like they should be focusing their energy here more.

I'm cool with blizzard interacting with all communities in their respective medium. However in this case they're promoting a poll only in certain communities and telling people how to vote in it and using it as data for the dev team.
11/15/2017 11:02 AMPosted by Jentso
11/15/2017 10:59 AMPosted by Frostchi

I'm cool with blizzard interacting with all communities in their respective medium. However in this case they're promoting a poll only in certain communities and telling people how to vote in it and using it as data for the dev team.
Source for Blizzard telling people how to vote please?
11/15/2017 11:05 AMPosted by Adreaver
11/15/2017 11:02 AMPosted by Jentso

Source for Blizzard telling people how to vote please?

My bad I went to get it and realized I'm wrong. The person's name that made the post looked like a CM name but it isn't.
11/15/2017 11:08 AMPosted by Jentso
11/15/2017 11:05 AMPosted by Adreaver
...Source for Blizzard telling people how to vote please?

My bad I went to get it and realized I'm wrong. The person's name that made the post looked like a CM name but it isn't.
Maybe edit your first post to reflect that.

Would be nice if all the other people making this claim did likewise.
11/15/2017 11:09 AMPosted by Adreaver
11/15/2017 11:08 AMPosted by Jentso

Maybe edit your first post to reflect that.

Not until they post and discuss it here like they are on Reddit. Still data tampering, imo.
Yeah these questions were really poorly written. They seem to be biased. Blizzard should write a proper poll and put it on the forum.

I totally agree with the op and if they change anything most of us will just quit and those people that destroyed retail and wanna destroy this project will quit within level 20 because vanilla is too hard and more changes will occur and make it looks like a retail number 2.

Those people will quit within weeks and blizzard realize nobody is going to stay on these servers.

More changes will happen and ruin this.

I am going to move on if they change anything, this game is a classic master piece and the spirit and the core of the game must not be changed otherwise it is going to be pointless.

I really hope the devs will not cather to people asking for change and change this classic and provide a bastardized version of the game, so many people will quit.

This game is one of the best mmo and is a classic and do not need to be changed at all. This game was not perfect but it's bad side made it even better and made us work stronger and try to find issues and we got to love this game even more.

QQL do not mean a better game, it ruins the rpg elements of it and the community as it what happened to retail

do not repeat the mistakes of the past blizzard
11/15/2017 11:11 AMPosted by Jentso
11/15/2017 11:09 AMPosted by Adreaver
...Maybe edit your first post to reflect that.

Not until they post and discuss it here like they are on Reddit. Still data tampering, imo.
11/15/2017 10:47 AMPosted by Adreaver
Tampering implies that either questions or results were altered after people had already responded.

Do you have any evidence this is the case? If so, please link your source. If not, please change your clickbait thread title.
11/15/2017 11:19 AMPosted by Adreaver
11/15/2017 11:11 AMPosted by Jentso

11/15/2017 10:47 AMPosted by Adreaver
Tampering implies that either questions or results were altered after people had already responded.

Do you have any evidence this is the case? If so, please link your source. If not, please change your clickbait thread title.

Tampering means influencing the outcome. I feel like if they were going to use that poll for anything official they should give it the same attention here as they did over there. Just looks to me like they want more Reddit votes.
11/15/2017 10:55 AMPosted by Frostchi

Eliminates double votes
etc.

Say they did this, and the results were exactly the same. Who would you blame then?