Blizz Monitored Survey TAMPERED

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 17 Next
If you aren't posting on the official forums, then you likely aren't much for being part of a helpful community to Blizzard. As such any polling or comments outside of the official forums should be irrelevant.
I think the point the OP is making is that it's basically like cigarette company asking adamant non-smokers what they should do with their next product, as opposed to the actual consumers. Non-smokers have no intention of smoking, so therefor their opinion *should* be invalid on the subject.

I don't even smoke and am overall against it, but I am fine if people make the choice to do it and I won't get my irrelevant opinion involved.
11/15/2017 11:27 AMPosted by Elaice
I think the point the OP is making is that it's basically like cigarette company asking adamant non-smokers what they should do with their next product, as opposed to the actual consumers. Non-smokers have no intention of smoking, so therefor their opinion *should* be invalid on the subject.

Well as a person who played vanilla, doesn't and has never played or wanted to play on a private server, has been for classic servers even if not vocally because I don't spend all my time on these forums, and wants to ditch live to play classic, are you saying my opinion is invalid because I'm not totally 100% against some changes?
11/15/2017 11:25 AMPosted by Sars
If you aren't posting on the official forums, then you likely aren't much for being part of a helpful community to Blizzard. As such any polling or comments outside of the official forums should be irrelevant.

If you're not currently subbed to the game, you likely aren't much for being part of a helpful community to Blizzard. As such, any polling or comments conducted by official subscribers should be irrelevant.
If you feel that question has tampered the data, feel free to make your own survey and distribute it with better wording, your own questions, etc. If you reply with it here, I'll make sure I look at it as well.

I do agree the original survey asked questions that probably won't even be on the table - but that remains to be seen.

Note: These are by no means being used as an official way to inform official decisions at this time, but it's all still good feedback from the audience that these are reaching. We'll be sure to push the findings to the development team when the time comes.
11/15/2017 11:22 AMPosted by Jentso
11/15/2017 11:19 AMPosted by Adreaver

Tampering means influencing the outcome. I feel like if they were going to use that poll for anything official they should give it the same attention here as they did over there. Just looks to me like they want more Reddit votes.
No, tampering is altering the outcome to suit your desires. Influencing the outcome is something entirely different.

Example from recent politics:

There is evidence that Russia made attempts to influence voters.

There is (at present) no evidence that Russia made attempts to tamper with election results.

Do you see the difference?
I'm pretty staunch with my views on how wow classic should be a 100% recreation of vanilla, but, I also know that not everyone needs it 100% alike. We must compromise.

The results of this poll excite me though. I saw a lot of "no" in the right places. Except for class balance.

I think the message has been made clear. And I'd say blizzard is receptive enough to see that big changes to class balance are retroactive to this entire effort. In short: Blizz isn't stupid, they know better, and big class balances won't be creeping in to our game.
11/15/2017 11:00 AMPosted by Iiscarlia
11/15/2017 09:30 AMPosted by Churchmouse
Lmao. I don't mean to be mean, but saying a survey was tampered with because respondents disagreed with you is ridiculous.

This is like Republicans voting in the Democrats Primary.

This speaks volumes to the load of importance you are placing upon this poll. Like you're very afraid this could be final.

Also Primaries can very well be voted upon by outside parties in some cases. And this isn't anything like that in any sense, beyond that you feel there's an "Other" class of people who you feel are against you.

Anyone who took this survey, has at least some interest in Classic WoW. That means they are likely a potential customer. That's all that matters, in this sense.

Now, are they the kind of customer that would stay? Are old veterans? I feel that's impossible to determine with this poll, and very difficult to guess otherwise.

11/15/2017 11:33 AMPosted by Superiority

I think the message has been made clear. And I'd say blizzard is receptive enough to see that big changes to class balance are retroactive to this entire effort. In short: Blizz isn't stupid, they know better, and big class balances won't be creeping in to our game.

Right, I'm happy that this poll shows some compromise can be made. And even then, the vast majority of people want something that is far closer to classic than it is Legion.

I don't even smoke and am overall against it, but I am fine if people make the choice to do it and I won't get my irrelevant opinion involved.

It is in the WoW Classic subreddit though. It's not like it was sitting in the regular WoW reddit.
11/15/2017 11:30 AMPosted by Alecticia

Well as a person who played vanilla, doesn't and has never played or wanted to play on a private server, has been for classic servers even if not vocally because I don't spend all my time on these forums, and wants to ditch live to play classic, are you saying my opinion is invalid because I'm not totally 100% against some changes?

If you actually have a true intention of playing on the realm, then your input is fine. I am talking about these people who have no interest on playing on a classic realm, but are still making demands about how it is run.
11/15/2017 11:31 AMPosted by Ornyx
If you feel that question has tampered the data, feel free to make your own survey and distribute it with better wording, your own questions, etc. If you reply with it here, I'll make sure I look at it as well.

I do agree the original survey asked questions that probably won't even be on the table - but that remains to be seen.

Note: These are by no means being used as an official way to inform official decisions at this time, but it's all still good feedback from the audience that these are reaching. We'll be sure to push the findings to the development team when the time comes.

Wait What???!! So as a professional making decisions you would use polls that have obvious flaws? When I was in college they taught poll writing 101 that would have invalidated 90% of these questions.

A blue responded..

INB4 20 more pages of overreaction.
11/15/2017 11:37 AMPosted by Savax

A blue responded..

INB4 20 more pages of overreaction.

Oooh, too slow, you missed a really bad one right above you.
I agree with the space goat. This is a good starting point. People are flipping out over nothing.
11/15/2017 11:36 AMPosted by Sabever

Wait What???!! So as a professional making decisions you would use polls that have obvious flaws? When I was in college they taught poll writing 101 that would have invalidated 90% of these questions.

No they are not being used to make any decisions. Once the Classic Team is assembled, they'll probably be given the poll to look at, but that doesn't mean any part of it will be used.

You have to understand that endorsing that basically just thew a bucket of gasoline on a forest fire.
11/15/2017 11:36 AMPosted by Sabever

Ornyx mentioned those flaws to us, so I'm sure those flaws will be mentioned whenever the results are given to the team.

People are generally overreacting to every single blue post that doesn't outright say "purists win it's 100% no changes" at a time where that decision can't possibly have been made yet. Everything we know is pointing in that direction though, we're just being asked to be open minded in our discussion. That's all.
yeah these polls have flaws and are biaised and shows you are not impartial at all because if you played vanilla, you would know that some of these questions do not belong there and never existed in it.

#nochanges

Nothing is stopping anyone from trolling these polls, I hope you realize that. I mean the fact that some people voted "Yes" for flying speaks volumes, don't you think? I would suggest avoiding the polls all together, or have only a single option (kind of like not having a dislike button on these forums).
11/15/2017 11:36 AMPosted by Elaice
11/15/2017 11:30 AMPosted by Alecticia

If you actually have a true intention of playing on the realm, then your input is fine. I am talking about these people who have no interest on playing on a classic realm, but are still making demands about how it is run.

Well how do you know they have no intention of playing on the classic servers? I assume the people asking for drastic things like LFR are trolls, but people asking for the classes to be balanced a little more?

Making druids better tanks in Vanilla wouldn't hurt the game, especially if warrior tanks were still the best tanks.