Blizz Monitored Survey TAMPERED

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 17 Next
11/15/2017 12:01 PMPosted by Pilica

Why not make polls that require a Blizzard account to vote on if you want that kind of data? I thought CMs were suppose to be the ones trying to gather community opinions not random reddit polls.

Is there an OAuth or similar API for Blizzard that can be used to validate accounts? If so I'd help make a page for a survey that validates accounts and ensures one response per account if anyone's interested.
11/15/2017 12:02 PMPosted by Alecticia
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Why not make polls that require a Blizzard account to vote on if you want that kind of data? I thought CMs were suppose to be the ones trying to gather community opinions not random reddit polls.

Because Blizz isn't even at the point of being ready for that yet, but rather then ignore feedback they are getting all the can so they can hand it all to the classic team when they're ready for it.
*ding, ding, ding*

Looks like we have a winner, folks!
11/15/2017 11:47 AMPosted by Kennesaw
No - Blizzard should be doing this and ensuring one response per account holder. I could easily make a script to repeatedly answer this survey multiple times and skew the results.

Go ahead and try that. Or, just try doing it manually once on your own before wasting time writing a script. Let me know how that goes.
LOL. Purist baby can't handle that not everyone agrees with him.
11/15/2017 12:05 PMPosted by Akaidian
11/15/2017 11:47 AMPosted by Kennesaw
No - Blizzard should be doing this and ensuring one response per account holder. I could easily make a script to repeatedly answer this survey multiple times and skew the results.

Go ahead and try that. Or, just try doing it manually once on your own before wasting time writing a script. Let me know how that goes.

I did - you just need a different (free) Google account.
11/15/2017 12:01 PMPosted by Kittyqtxoxo
Remember the hordes of players who would foam at the mouth and declare "NO VANILLA SERVERS EVER, NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN" everytime someone mentioned it in gd.

Yeah those same !@#$%^-s still want vanilla to fail so they can be right.

There is a Reddit forum where anti vanilla idiots are actively trying to troll the poll results to make it look like people want changes.

This is not a conspiracy, yes there is a large portion of players who are vehemently against the creation of vanilla servers, that want the project to fail, all so they can say "haha we told you vanilla sucked".

I don't want them to fail and would be fine with minor tweaks and QoL improvements or the use of more modern server tech to help eliminate population balance issues down the road.

Welcome to a world that is not black and white where it isn't one extreme view or the other.
11/15/2017 11:57 AMPosted by Xjum
Since when does Blizzard use surveys to make decisions. What the heck?

All of this is elucidating to say the least.

I think I'm going to let this little shindig slip off my radar because it has every indication of becoming a mixed-up facsimile of what a lot of folks actually wanted.

Anything beyond "pick a patch-level and make it work under the current infrastructure" has no allure to me whatsoever.
11/15/2017 11:31 AMPosted by Ornyx
If you feel that question has tampered the data, feel free to make your own survey and distribute it with better wording, your own questions, etc. If you reply with it here, I'll make sure I look at it as well.

I do agree the original survey asked questions that probably won't even be on the table - but that remains to be seen.

Note: These are by no means being used as an official way to inform official decisions at this time, but it's all still good feedback from the audience that these are reaching. We'll be sure to push the findings to the development team when the time comes.

Hi by entertaining even the thought of monkeying around with Vanilla is disheartening and sets people who want a truly classic experience more likely to say "Forget it I'll just stick to a private server instead. " That is the voices that fought to have classic servers.
11/15/2017 12:02 PMPosted by Alecticia
11/15/2017 12:01 PMPosted by Pilica

Because Blizz isn't even at the point of being ready for that yet, but rather then ignore feedback they are getting all the can so they can hand it all to the classic team when they're ready for it.

They could take the idea and do their own polls instead of endorsing a poorly worded one. They don't need to ignore feedback, but they should avoid using polls that even they say are poorly done.
surveys are ok to get feedback for classic.
If you feel that question has tampered the data, feel free to make your own survey and distribute it with better wording, your own questions, etc. If you reply with it here, I'll make sure I look at it as well.

Ornyx -- we would rather that Blizzard released an Official Poll -- it would cut down on the number of multi-voters, and would honestly be much more authentic if players had to authenticate with their Battle.Net account prior to voting.

Here's a strawpoll that was distributed on these forums today:
http://www.strawpoll.me/14408231/r

It's very indicative that players are OPPOSED to Class Balance -- which conflicts with some of the reddit polling (Granted I think some of the wording was poor on the Reddit poll as well).

That being said, Strawpolls are unreliable because it's easy to vote multiple times --- however I believe that most of the people posting in these forums are generally much more passionate about WOW:Classic than people on other boards.
Can a blue just come out and say "we're not changing Vanilla wow" and put this issue to bed please?
11/15/2017 12:01 PMPosted by Kittyqtxoxo
Remember the hordes of players who would foam at the mouth and declare "NO VANILLA SERVERS EVER, NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN" everytime someone mentioned it in gd.

Yeah those same !@#$%^-s still want vanilla to fail so they can be right.

There is a Reddit forum where anti vanilla idiots are actively trying to troll the poll results to make it look like people want changes.

This is not a conspiracy, yes there is a large portion of players who are vehemently against the creation of vanilla servers, that want the project to fail, all so they can say "haha we told you vanilla sucked".

True they want mess up the game for everything, and want easy way out.
As for balance...

I would say they need to buff eviscerate, 1500 damage isn't nearly enough. Rogues should be able to kill warriors like everybody else.

Warriors are rock, rogues are scissors, everybody else is paper, and warlocks are mushrooms. But rock cannot see scissors because scissors are invisible. And this is what we call balance.

*ding, ding, ding*

Looks like we have a winner, folks!
11/15/2017 12:10 PMPosted by Knightshonor

I do agree the original survey asked questions that probably won't even be on the table - but that remains to be seen.

Note: These are by no means being used as an official way to inform official decisions at this time, but it's all still good feedback from the audience that these are reaching. We'll be sure to push the findings to the development team when the time comes.

Hi by entertaining even the thought of monkeying around with Vanilla is disheartening and sets people who want a truly classic experience more likely to say "Forget it I'll just stick to a private server instead. " That is the voices that fought to have classic servers.

Real talk:

Said people CLAIM that the true vanilla vets would stick around and happily pay a sub for a very long time if they got what they wanted.

But in the same breath, they say they'll drop the game on a dime if changes are made.

These two are not compatible with one another. If a customer claims they'll only ever eat at your restaurant, but holds that hostage by saying if anything is ever wrong or changes they won't ever come back, then they are NOT worth appealing to. Loyal customers are just that, loyal, not conditional.

Ornyx -- we would rather that Blizzard released an Official Poll -- it would cut down on the number of multi-voters, and would honestly be much more authentic if players had to authenticate with their Battle.Net account prior to voting.

Here's a strawpoll that was distributed on these forums today:
http://www.strawpoll.me/14408231/r

It's very indicative that players are OPPOSED to Class Balance -- which conflicts with some of the reddit polling. That being said, Strawpolls are unreliable because it's easy to vote multiple times --- however I believe that most of the people posting in these forums are generally much more passionate about WOW:Classic than people on other boards.

"This poll is bad and easily manipulated!"
> Posts basically the same thing but with a different result
"This one is better although I will openly admit can be just as easily manipulated!"

Your strawpoll has even less failsafes against bot-voters. You can't even suggest it's better if your basing it on that criteria.
11/15/2017 12:10 PMPosted by Knightshonor

Then blizzard legal sues that server. Enjoy your shady community filled with gold sellers and migrating to different servers every month because they shut down.

You’re being offered an olive branch.
11/15/2017 09:24 AMPosted by Brockthorn
If you have multiple google accounts you can take the poll multiple times.

This,

I have the ability if I like to fire up a little machine that will manufacture a deluge of google accts.

I can then set the little machine to vote exactly as I elect it should.

Online poles from places like google are worthless because there is no security.
11/15/2017 12:15 PMPosted by Lugha

Real talk:

Said people CLAIM that the true vanilla vets would stick around and happily pay a sub for a very long time if they got what they wanted.

But in the same breath, they say they'll drop the game on a dime if changes are made.

These two are not compatible with one another. If a customer claims they'll only ever eat at your restaurant, but holds that hostage by saying if anything is ever wrong or changes they won't ever come back, then they are NOT worth appealing to. Loyal customers are just that, loyal, not conditional.

Yes, because blind loyalty even when you're unhappy with the end result is the hallmark of consumerism...

"I'm sorry, we've changed all of our burgers to Soylent Green but you said you'd be loyal, so here you are!"
11/15/2017 12:09 PMPosted by Kennesaw
I did - you just need a different (free) Google account.

And scripting that is oh so easy and not time-consuming.