Reasonable Changes For Reasonable People

Classic Discussion
  • Auto loot is added in.
  • Auction houses are linked from the start. Neutral AH are not linked with faction AHs.
  • Flight paths are linked.
  • Weather effects are added in at launch as opposed to later on.
  • Maraudon, Dire Maul, Darkmoon Faire and the BG releases are accelerated slightly so we don't wait too long. (e.g. Alterac Valley releases 3 months after, as opposed to 6)
  • Only implement cross-realm BGs months after launch and only do it after carefully monitoring which servers need it. Don't make it a launch feature.
  • Dishonorable kills are changed so they do not screw over people without their control over it. (e.g. If you're in a large PvP group and some other guy kills an NPC, you suffer a big PvP penalty)
  • Bugs, glitches and other annoyances left out are fixed.
  • No.
    "Bugs, glitches and other annoyances left out are fixed."

This is the only point I will ever agree on, and even then, only by a slim margin.
    Call me ignorant, but clarify auto loot again?

I am perfectly okay with the rest of these, but I just want to get my facts straight for the auto loot. Is it automatically looting each body, or is it the AOE system we have in Live?

Not to say I would dislike either, it's just the former would be my preference.
    Reasonable people who want changes aren't here crying for changes to Classic WoW in the first place. If there's a single aspect of pure Vanilla WoW that turns you off then go away to your containment game in retail where Blizzard will coddle you the way you want.

Do not come over to Classic and ruin the fun for Purists that don't mind some unfairness and harshness from pure Vanilla WoW just because you refuse to adapt.

Stop being selfish and demanding changes, go to back to retail.
    11/15/2017 11:50 AMPosted by Kalanian

I am perfectly okay with the rest of these, but I just want to get my facts straight for the auto loot. Is it automatically looting each body, or is it the AOE system we have in Live?

The first one. AOE loot is a separate feature.
    Why accelerate the releases? Like, this game takes a long time to get to the max level, and acceleration appeals only to the small minority of players prepared to nolife it (while perhaps making everyone else feel left behind or slow).

Cross-realm BGs were a fix for both dying servers and horrendously faction-imbalanced ones. When you're dealing with a niche market who's playing because they necessarily want to, there's unlikely to be a need.

Beyond that, I think everything else is palatable. Assuming by auto-loot, you mean the aoe looting thing. Perhaps I'm biased, speaking as a mage. -- Eh, no, autolooting isn't too grand. Frustrating as it is to get killed as the other thing dies alongside you (of its own accord or a ganker), there is something to the serenity of post-combat looting and the mischief of going after someone taking on more than they can chew.
    Classes rebalanced and loot changed as well.
    To my knowledge, auto-loot was not an option immediately (but the choice to hold Shift to auto was). This has nothing to do with the AoE looting.

- Adding this auto-loot would be fine
    - Adding weather would be fine
    - I still give +1 to adding barber shops but I don't mind if nobody wants this or it doesn't happen
    Its not unreasonable to ask Blizz to start Vanilla WoW at 1.1 and progress it like it did back then. Do people understand that when we say Vanilla, we want the entire vanilla experience?? That means we expect the patches to roll out just like it did back in the day so obviously there will be changes but it will be the same changes that progressed through time during vanilla.
    11/15/2017 11:52 AMPosted by Karzerus

I used to use an addon to autoloot, so this feature was part of vanilla wow for me anyways.
    11/15/2017 11:52 AMPosted by Zephnir
    Why accelerate the releases? Like, this game takes a long time to get to the max level, and acceleration appeals only to the small minority of players prepared to nolife it (while perhaps making everyone else feel left behind or slow).

Cross-realm BGs were a fix for both dying servers and horrendously faction-imbalanced ones. When you're dealing with a niche market who's playing because they necessarily want to, there's unlikely to be a need.

Beyond that, I think everything else is palatable. Assuming by auto-loot, you mean the aoe looting thing. Perhaps I'm biased, speaking as a mage.

Lol. People really exaggerating the amount of time it takes to get to 60. It's more or less about 150 hours of in-game played time, which should take most players about 2 months at the very most.

Waiting an additional 4 months just for BGs does not sound like a fun time for me at all. I'd like having as much to do at 60 as possible, soon after I ding it.
    People who are against having things like Rain and other weather effects at launch make me sad. They sound like they are just being contrarian to be contrarian which is a phase I got out of a long time ago.
    11/15/2017 11:52 AMPosted by Karzerus

Fair enough, I am okay with this.
    pretty sure i had auto loot in vanilla but it may have been with an addon (xloot)

if its trivial to add with an addon i wont lose sleep if blizzard adds it

as for x-realm BGs, they should at least try launching without it. only consider adding it if queues are like 14 hours long
    11/15/2017 11:55 AMPosted by Karzerus
    11/15/2017 11:52 AMPosted by Zephnir

Beyond that, I think everything else is palatable. Assuming by auto-loot, you mean the aoe looting thing. Perhaps I'm biased, speaking as a mage.

Lol. People really exaggerating the amount of time it takes to get to 60. It's more or less about 150 hours of in-game played time, which should take most players about 2 months at the very most.

Waiting an additional 4 months just for BGs does not sound like a fun time for me at all. I'd like having as much to do at 60 as possible, soon after I ding it.

That was when Wpvp was fun though =( Do you not remember the Tarren Mill battles?
    Auto loot has always existed in vanilla, it's called shift right click
    I wouldn't even call these changes- just starting with a later incarnation of Vanilla.
    No changes accepted, bring back vanilla as it was.
    11/15/2017 11:48 AMPosted by Myronas
    "Bugs, glitches and other annoyances left out are fixed."

This is the only point I will ever agree on, and even then, only by a slim margin.

this is the only acceptable answer all others refer to patches 1.1 through 1.12 if you see it in there then we can talk if you don't then please do not request it as it is something that would ruin the classic game play.