Reasonable Changes For Reasonable People

Classic Discussion
11/15/2017 11:58 AMPosted by Faradramir
No changes accepted, bring back vanilla as it was.

I honestly wouldn't even be surprised if people like this never even touched retail vanilla back in 2004-2006. You probably played on a private server and think you experienced vanilla.

You make me laugh.
  • Only implement cross-realm BGs months after launch and only do it after carefully monitoring which servers need it. Don't make it a launch feature.

• NO. This is what killed WoW. Destroyed the PvP Community literally overnight (maintenance night), and lead to every other xRealm feature that continually destroyed the community.
    I honestly wouldn't even be surprised if people like this never even touched retail vanilla back in 2004-2006. You probably played on a private server and think you experienced vanilla.

You make me laugh.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure 90 percent of the people posting in this forum are going to require you to have a Nostralius tramp stamp to join their guild. I've never seen so much toxic in my life.
    11/15/2017 11:55 AMPosted by Karzerus

Lol. People really exaggerating the amount of time it takes to get to 60. It's more or less about 150 hours of in-game played time, which should take most players about 2 months at the very most.

Waiting an additional 4 months just for BGs does not sound like a fun time for me at all. I'd like having as much to do at 60 as possible, soon after I ding it.

The average 'game player' shoves in, like, what? 5-6 hours a week is the mean? So you're talking 20-24 hours a month, which could pile over into around six months at that pace. Plenty of people will play less, and I assure you a smaller handful will play far more than that.

Experienced players complete content faster, but you're not getting just the Pserver crowd. If you make the game's release schedule cater only to the very upper echelon of people progressing through it as fast as they can, you've got an everquest problem on your hands. Opening AV early would be fine, given it isn't part of progression in the same way Mara or DM may be considered.

I'm on the fence if it's strictly just those dungeons and not a raid release schedule, at least - it wouldn't be too disruptive, and they do smooth over awkward stretches.
    11/15/2017 12:00 PMPosted by Visaenya
  • Only implement cross-realm BGs months after launch and only do it after carefully monitoring which servers need it. Don't make it a launch feature.

• NO. This is what killed WoW. Destroyed the PvP Community literally overnight (maintenance night), and lead to every other xRealm feature that continually destroyed the community.

Then what do you propose for the realms that become low pop? Just abandon them outright? Not very smart.
    I don't remember when cross realm bg's became a thing I would definitely prefer not to have them simply because there is something about everything taking place on one server. You start to recognize names, guilds out in the world and in your bg's. Builds a community which is cool.

Looting if you mean just automatic pickup - don't care really.

Accelerated content feature - not interested. I don't see any reason to rush through this (true I don't think this will effect me much since I plan on really taking my time to level but...).

Weather... I like do like weather features such as rain, they do make the world feel more alive but its not something that care about really one way or the other.
    These changes might be "reasonable" but are also unnecessary.

No changes please.
    AV was 51 minimum to get in. I don't think all that many people are going to be in their 50s three months in unless they're really hot dogging it to the finish line.
    Wasn't there an add on for auto looting? Maybe one of the CT mods?
    11/15/2017 12:00 PMPosted by Visaenya
    NO. This is what killed WoW. Destroyed the PvP Community literally overnight (maintenance night), and lead to every other xRealm feature that continually destroyed the community.

And for those of us who were on low pop servers at the time, it quite literally saved the game for us leading up to the BC launch.

Your anecdotal experience =/= everyone else's.
    if by auto-loot you mean something other than shift loot, then i say no to that; shift loot is good enough

linked AHes and FPs? seems preferable to me

weather effects should be in from the start, no good reason not to have it at the start; if the draw distance was 50 yards from the start but increased to 777 yards in patch 1.1, would you want it to be 50 yards from the start? this isnt quite the same as old vs new models, mind you

maraudon can be in at the start, as barely anything there is useful at 60, but DMF and dire maul should wait

no cross-realm BGs, at all; something about community... someone else can explain that one better

DHK changes are okay if they're implemented in a right sort of manner

and i sure hope bugs are fixed
    In my Battlegroup, cross realm BG's gave a lot of server pride because premades from each realm loved duking it out with premades from other realms for superiority and glory.
    11/15/2017 11:51 AMPosted by Zweikensei
    Reasonable people who want changes aren't here crying for changes to Classic WoW in the first place. If there's a single aspect of pure Vanilla WoW that turns you off then go away to your containment game in retail where Blizzard will coddle you the way you want.

Do not come over to Classic and ruin the fun for Purists that don't mind some unfairness and harshness from pure Vanilla WoW just because you refuse to adapt.

Stop being selfish and demanding changes, go to back to retail.

Game isnt even out yet and people talk as if we should just walk away, this is a message board for discussion, but many of you seem to just want to call people snowflakes to make yourself feel better. Why dont you go back to russian servers and keep ruining the internet and probably every other aspect of your life with a !@#$ attitude towards fair and honest discussion.
    Why do you need auto loot when you can just shift click?
    11/15/2017 12:10 PMPosted by Globaledlol
    Why do you need auto loot when you can just shift click?

Because I just want to right click and auto loot it. The fact that this is even a point of contention is pretty sad.
    Cross realm anything is NOT a reasonable thing to add.

The fact you even thought it was makes me question your capability to understand what made vanilla great.
    16:9 and 21:9 aspect ratio support

11/15/2017 12:12 PMPosted by Clion

The fact you even thought it was makes me question your capability to understand what made vanilla great.

According to purists vanilla should stay vanilla. Xrealm bgs were still in vanilla. Woyldnt be needed if they just do 1-2 megaservers for each of the server types tbh
    11/15/2017 12:12 PMPosted by Clion

Cross realm was in Vanilla though...so....
    11/15/2017 12:06 PMPosted by Derkhammer
    AV was 51 minimum to get in. I don't think all that many people are going to be in their 50s three months in unless they're really hot dogging it to the finish line.
    Three months? A lot of non-tryhards will be there in three WEEKS. (Do not confuse this statement to mean most people. Just a lot of people.)
    No. Go play BfA.