Holy priest needs work

General Discussion
09/14/2017 07:17 PMPosted by Indilee
Get rid if Prayer if Healing? Heck no, that spell has saved many a bad run.

I solo quest just fine in the spec. I will admit that it'd be nice to reduce the cool down of Holy Fire.
Pull more and holy nova. You'll get holy fires all the time. ;)
I actually prefer questing as Holy on my Priest. Disc is good, but killing stuff takes foreverrrrrr and lacks AoE. Shadow is too squishy at her gear level/my skill level (admittedly not much 'cause I prefer healing as Priest.)

Granted, they're all kind of terrible for questing. Most of the time I pray that some big strong DPS notices me struggling and tags everything for me, but Holy is the least terrible.
The variety of spells we have to work with for healing is part of what makes holy, well...holy.

I've also leveled as holy for quite a few expansions. May take some getting used to, but it's not bad at all.
...Holy's in the best state it's ever been. I refuse to play it because I'm stubborn. But that don't mean it ain't good.

Don't be spewing nonsense, pookie. The Holy Priests "need their time", anyway.
Run a 2nd spell tray set up for dps (with more convenient binds for damage spells and limited AoE heals), and quest with that. You can hit 2 keys swap to your main healing tray for larger scale content where you need to heal more than 2-3 people with more convenient bind layout for that.

Quest while specced for Apoth for burning rares. Spec into the stun on Chastise. While T'uure is a bit worthless for healing, he does surprisingly decent damage. Run Sol or Zabra as a bodyguard for a bit of consistent extra damage.

Holy is amazing right now. You're functionally immortal while questing, and since Blizz bumped most healer specs' damage by about 25% to improve our damage scaling against ilvl mob scaling (which for a while we actually fell a little short of) we're not super slow killing things either. While we are slower killing than most dps specs - especially bursty specs - we have absolutely no downtime between pulls, either, and we can benefit by surviving larger pulls (mmm, Holy Nova) than most dps specs can.

We're currently in excellent shape as a healer, our primary role, too.
I consider holy basically similar to tank specs (at least when questing) Good at AoE and decent tankability due to healing. Having a Muze's helps a ton as well. They are very much viable for questing. I mean, why else would they have our Artifact weapon's special ability function as a means to contribute to our DPS?
I have no problem completing quests solo on my holy priest, perhaps this isn't a class problem.
While I don't like holy (haven't played my priest since cata, so its old bias) its a healing spec, not a dps spec.
I have run as holy all xpac and have little trouble. It took a bit to get mobs down when I was undergeared but now I can kill them fine.
09/14/2017 05:25 PMPosted by Kaishenzu
Prayer of healing - delete

*threatening glare of death*
The only problem with Holy right now is that it is severely lacking in offensive damage.

There is no need to tough the healing stuff, but the offensive stuff needs some major work.

On Argus you can't kill a pack of mobs before they respond because the damage is low. And for those of you saying to quest as shadow, you are missing the point.
This is one of the more ridiculous threads I've read today.

I can two-shot stuff as Holy. And when those abilities are on cooldown, it takes four casts to kill something. So if you're having an issue killing stuff as Holy... you're doing it wrong.

And get rid of PoH?? Are you insane???

Get off my lawn.
You know what I do when questing as my tank spec and get frustrated with my killing speed? I swap to my DPS spec. Mindblowing idea, isn't it?
09/15/2017 07:26 AMPosted by Worldwarp
You know what I do when questing as my tank spec and get frustrated with my killing speed? I swap to my DPS spec. Mindblowing idea, isn't it?

No, it's not mindblowing it's kind of dumb in some respects.

The idea is to fix the spec so it's viable doing the content, not switching to another to bypass that issue.
09/15/2017 07:32 AMPosted by Sweetpeaz
09/15/2017 07:26 AMPosted by Worldwarp

The idea is to fix the spec so it's viable doing the content, not switching to another to bypass that issue.

The idea of a HEALING spec is that you do less DPS. People like you are the reason classes have become homogenized.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

The idea of a HEALING spec is that you do less DPS. People like you are the reason classes have become homogenized.

The title of the thread is Holy Priest needs work. Switching to another spec doesn't fix the issue.

Don't start this 'people like you' crap. We were told that all specs would be viable in the open world. As it is on Argus as a holy priest, to kill a group of 3 enemies with 8 million HP each, it will respawn surrounding adds before that group is dead.

So it's either a problem with the spec or how the rest of the content is designed.

I'm curious of what level your holy priest is?
09/15/2017 07:33 AMPosted by Worldwarp

The title of the thread is Holy Priest needs work. Switching to another spec doesn't fix the issue.

Don't start this people like you crap. We were told that all specs would be viable in the open world. As it is on Argus as a holy priest, to kill a group of 3 enemies with 8 million HP each, it will respawn surrounding adds before that group is dead.

So it's either a problem with the spec or how the rest of the content is designed.

The "issue" is not an issue. OP is arguing that a healing spec needs to do more damage. I, and many others, disagree completely: If your healing spec starts doing anywhere near comparable damage as your DPS spec, then your DPS spec becomes irrelevant.

You were told? Blizzard is allowed to change their mind at any moment. Sorry buddy. My top tip: Go into your specs tab, and hit that change spec button. Don't worry -- it only takes a few seconds, and you can switch back when you want to start HEALING people. Super simple.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Don't start this people like you crap. We were told that all specs would be viable in the open world. As it is on Argus as a holy priest, to kill a group of 3 enemies with 8 million HP each, it will respawn surrounding adds before that group is dead.

The "issue" is not an issue. OP is arguing that a healing spec needs to do more damage. I, and many others, disagree completely: If your healing spec starts doing anywhere near comparable damage as your DPS spec, then your DPS spec becomes irrelevant.

You were told? Blizzard is allowed to change their mind at any moment. Sorry buddy. My top tip: Go into your specs tab, and hit that change spec button. Don't worry -- it only takes a few seconds, and you can switch back when you want to start HEALING people. Super simple.

What level is your holy priest?

I'm not sure is there another spec that can't go to Argus and mow down a pack of mobs without the ones surround them respawning. Our only AOE spell does so little damage that it will take several minutes to kill that pack.

If that isn't an issue I don't know what is. Most of the boss fights in dungeons are shorter than it takes for us to kill that pack.
They don't have enough offensive spells for a solo pve questing rotation. And too many healing spells

Haha. "Stupid healing class with all these irritating healing spells! Needs moar dps spells!"

Prayer of healing - delete

No.

Apotheosis- permanent stance (because it looks cool)

It is a good talent but baseline permanent form? Nah, I like it as a talent.

Circle of healing - baseline

Completely agree.. although this is just another silly healing spell for a healing class that you think has too many heals.

Desperate prayer - delete

Why would you do that though?

Body and Mind - buff when cast on self.

What kind of buff? Besides, you should be using feathers anyways.

Divine star baseline and 7 sec cd

You know, for someone who started his thread with "too many healing spells", your plan seems to give Holy even more healing spells from the talent tree and at the same time replaces them with nothing.

Divine star is alright and having it baseline wouldn't get me all bothered, but a 7 sec cd is probably way too fast. In fact, the current cd is probably fine where it is.

Smite - reduces cd of holy fire by 3s

How? Why not just reduce the cd of holy fire?

Holy Words - Better graphics. 20s cd.

Reducing the cd on the holy words would really kill the only real synergy within the spec and serendipity.

You know man, after reading your suggestions, could you stop playing my class? I don't want Blizzard to get any ideas from you.
Why not just reduce the cd of holy fire?

Or just buff the damage that it does in outdoor content?

09/15/2017 07:55 AMPosted by Shudder
Reducing the cd on the holy words would really kill the only real synergy within the spec and serendipity.

Yeah I don't like this idea, but I do think that something needs to be done for multi-pack mobs with a lot of HP. Our AOE is just really weak .