Pet idea's and suggestions.

Pet Battles
Hey. i'm rather new to WoW but I see a few in game models that aren't pets. and being a huge Collector. I was hoping to give off an idea suggestion, in game. we only have 1 or 2 true legion inspired pets. i.e. the fel hound and etc...
So I was thinking why not make a legion npc into a mini pet version. like say the legion inquisitor. he could be magic. with moves set to. "fel blast. summon dps eye. summon healing eye. fel immolate. fel shield and apocolypes." I think a mini version of him would not only be cute. but really useful for people wanting either a mini-legion of their own. or even just a strong magic type. P.S. could have the illidan inspired pet and the fel inquisitor pet fight to the death. if they are Summoned and put too closely together.
I don't know if I have any interesting ideas for new pets. I kind of think that with a set number of attacks, set number of families, there's really nothing new under the sun. Breed can make a difference, but I tend to think that's more of the exception, rather than the rule.

I would like to see them develop new, innovative ways to give us new pets. As it is, we either capture them in the wild, buy them from vendor or get them as randoms in award bags.

I would like to see more interesting stories involved around the acquisition of pets.

I shared this idea once before, but there's a pet boss we defeat called an Icefang over in Highmountain. The Icefang has a Baby Elderhorn (arguably the cutest pet in the game) cornered and we take on the Icefang with our pets.

You can buy your Baby Elderhorn from a vendor, but I thought that's kind of a waste of a pretty good scenario. What would happen if, instead, when we defeat the Icefang, the Baby Elderhorn he cornered becomes our pet? We rescued it, and it's obviously abandoned or orphaned, since I don't see any Mama Elderhorn come charging up to make short work of the Icefang to save her calf.

Still, they did give us something of an interesting storyline in our acquisition of the Orphaned hatchlings. And a mildly entertaining questline to get a mount, and even some gold for completing the quests. (Although it unclear to me how these orphaned newborn hatchlings got so much money to give out for completing quests.)

But I suppose there are still new combinations to try. Do we have any flying pets with Ion Cannon yet?

Maybe they could create another mechanical flying pet, like Mechanical Axebeak, with this ability.
Kurinaxx

They actually made a critter of it in WoD, but you can't get it as a pet.
Still want my god damn Tiny pitlord.
Disgruntled Mailbox

- Mechanical
- H/P breed
(changes appearance when summoned based on your active character’s race)

-Pair of eyes menacingly glaring out of mail slot.
-Earned from a new quest titled "The Postman" where you deliver mail to every mailbox in Averoth available to your faction.
-Stationary (can be summoned next to legit mailboxes to confuse the simple folk)

First tier:
-slot1 Stamp Licker (aka Tongue Lash) [critter]
-slot2 Rain, Sleet or Snow (aka Avalanche) [elemental]
-slot3 Return to Sender (aka Reflective Shield) [humanoid]

Second tier:
-slot1 Special Delivery (aka Rapid Fire) [humanoid]
-slot2 Air Mail (aka Bombing Run) [mechanical]
-slot3 The Pony Express (aka Call the Pack) [beast]
Disgruntled Mailbox sounds like the greatest thing ever, I really hope they make something like that. Those attack names are amazing as well!

I want a pet for those long neck dinosaur mobs from the expansion trailer. Also there aren't any horse baby pets yet? That seems sort of weird to me. It would be cool to have little mini horses or baby horse pets. I think some reskins of the hippogriff babies would be neat as well, like the other mounts colors or graphics.
11/02/2017 06:17 PMPosted by Loncis

I would like to see more interesting stories involved around the acquisition of pets.

[/quote]

Have you done the quest chain for the Lashtail Hatchling in STV? Check out Warcraft Pets for how to start the chain, I think you'll enjoy it :)
11/11/2017 11:27 PMPosted by Brawler
Disgruntled Mailbox

Looks like they liked your idea! 7.3.5 PTR - new pet Mailemental! No info on how we'll collect on yet though. Also obligatory disclaimer, everything subject to change because PTR things.

Quick preview of it:
https://twitter.com/perksnpeeves/status/936363566357127168

Magic - Looks like the Kirin Tor Familiar but holding an envelope in right hand

Abilities:
1 - Package Drop (200% hit): Throws a package at the enemy, dealing Humanoid dmg.

2 - Snail Mail: (2 rounds, 4 round CD, 100% hit): Builds up power during first round. Next round user charges enemy with unstoppable force, dealing Critter dmg.

4 - Return to Sender (8 round CD): User jumps through magical portal, avoiding opponent's attack. User auto-swaps with highest health pet.

10 - Express Delivery (100% hit): Deals Humanoid dmg, ability always goes first.

15 - Hate Mail (1 round CD, 100% hit): Go into a frenzy, dealing Humanoid dmg and increasing user dmg dealt by 25% for 3 rounds.

20 - Life Exchange (same as current ability)
11/30/2017 02:44 PMPosted by Quintessence
Disgruntled Mailbox

Looks like they liked your idea!

That's awesome!! ^^b
Hope it makes its way to live!
Also curious how we'll acquire it.
11/12/2017 06:38 PMPosted by Shadowprowl
Have you done the quest chain for the Lashtail Hatchling in STV? Check out Warcraft Pets for how to start the chain, I think you'll enjoy it :)

I did. And I did enjoy it. Although having to attain all those levels before I could get my pet back wasn't fun.

Not a particularly powerful pet, but an entertaining (if disgusting) one. If you have her out, she will occasionally eat corpses. Of friend and foe alike. If someone dies in your group, your Lashtail hatching might rush over and attack the corpse, then come up with a bone in its mouth.
I'm still hoping for a Cardigan Corgi - one Elemental (Water/Ice), one Beast would be nice.
11/30/2017 03:46 PMPosted by Brawler
That's awesome!! ^^bHope it makes its way to live! Also curious how we'll acquire it.

Wow. Brawler, I'm impressed. You made a suggestion that, with some changes, might actually make it live.

I would have preferred if they kept your mailbox graphic idea, though. That would have been funny to watch: a mailbox going postal on someone else's pet. Kind of like the Enchanted Broom, an animated broom beating the crap out of other pets. Lower the broom on those pets!
Now where is our love for hourglasses? Can we see an hourglass battle pet anytime soon? D:
12/01/2017 07:48 AMPosted by Velianaris
Now where is our love for hourglasses? Can we see an hourglass battle pet anytime soon? D:

I’ve always thought an Hourglass would’ve made for an awesome Mage class hall pet.
And Priests/Paladins would share a light or holy version of the floating book model pet as theirs.

@Loncis Thanks, man!
I’m stoked to see them make it and, like you, I hope the model is just a placeholder.
Either way, I’m gonna be playing the hell out of it.
12/01/2017 07:48 AMPosted by Velianaris

A floating hourglass pet?

I'm trying to come up with relevant attacks.

Sandblast (deals x amount of damage has 25% chance to blind the target for one round)
Sandstorm
Time Stop
Early Advantage
Bend Time
Rewind Time

I could throw in Temporal Anomaly, but I hate to see that ability farmed out. I like only two pets having this ability.
Disgruntled Mailbox

Looks like they liked your idea! 7.3.5 PTR - new pet Mailemental! No info on how we'll collect on yet though. Also obligatory disclaimer, everything subject to change because PTR things.

Quick preview of it:
https://twitter.com/perksnpeeves/status/936363566357127168

Magic - Looks like the Kirin Tor Familiar but holding an envelope in right hand

Abilities:
[quote]1 - Package Drop (200% hit): Throws a package at the enemy, dealing Humanoid dmg.

2 - Snail Mail: (2 rounds, 4 round CD, 100% hit): Builds up power during first round. Next round user charges enemy with unstoppable force, dealing Critter dmg.

4 - Return to Sender (8 round CD): User jumps through magical portal, avoiding opponent's attack. User auto-swaps with highest health pet.

10 - Express Delivery (100% hit): Deals Humanoid dmg, ability always goes first.

15 - Hate Mail (1 round CD, 100% hit): Go into a frenzy, dealing Humanoid dmg and increasing user dmg dealt by 25% for 3 rounds.

20 - Life Exchange (same as current ability)

Not that I want to wait a year for this, but they really need to release this pet, and a plushie of it, on Black Friday - but with the caveat that the plushie doesn't ship until December 26. Given my experience with the post office going into Christmas season every year, that just seems appropriate. And I could give my mail worker the plushie sometime around New Years, maybe earn some brownie points (since she'd have no idea what it was for and, hey, cute cuddly blob with a letter), and go to bed satisfied that I'd feel like I was secretly giving her the finger for getting our mail in the wrong box every third or fourth day.
How about if they would add something simple to the game like a duck or a swan or a goose. theres 10 different rabbits and bunnies and no ducks. everyone likes to do the duck season wabbit season with me until i point out there are none.
Pestilent Potato

Hash (aka Flank) Hits an extra time during Famine

Tater Tots (aka Flock) Little taters swarm the enemy, causing () damage, opponents struck take double damage for two rounds.

Tater; Tomater (dodge) The Potato disguises itself as a tomato, increasing it's chance to dodge by 100%

Famine (weather effect) Creates a famine, dealing () damage to enemy team. During Famine, active pets take 5% damage per round, and healing is reduced by 50%. Famine lasts 9 rounds.

Mash (aka demolish) 50% hit chance. Mash the enemy, causing a ridiculous amount of damage.

GMO Toxins (dot) Infects the enemy with toxins, causing () damage per round. During Famine, enemies are also slowed by 25%.
LMAO I love this. ^