Anduin *for* War?

General Discussion
11/03/2017 02:03 PMPosted by Libeccio
Thanks for the campfire, Alliance.

Thanks for giving Lordaeron back, Horde.
I think whatever happens in pre-launch book and patch is what pushes Anduin to go to war as he is peaceful by nature. Which makes me think Sylvanas struck 1st - or he was lied to and thinks horde attacked 1st. Can't wait to find out.
11/03/2017 01:43 PMPosted by Vidaar
11/03/2017 01:40 PMPosted by Amantamune

Looked to me like he's going holy pally.

That boy is a priest, which is why he threw down the sword.

It looked like he was wearing plate in the cinematic. Also, in the pally class hall, you get a follower who goes from priest to paladin. A night elf actually. Can't remember her name, though.
people seems to forget that the alliance side is still blaming the horde for leaving them.
¿did you not hear genn vs sylvanas "FOR VARIAN"?

it means that all the alliance from their POV see the horde like cowards and blame them for varians death.

it was not just jaina after leaving dala "they left to us to die on the broken shore"
it wasn't only her that thinks that the horde betrayed them.
and anduin actually said "vengeance can wait"

sure, the all seing player know what happend, but you need to seem from the characters perspective.
Two things we know for sure:

Horde burns down Teldrassil.

Alliance takes Under City.

What we don't know is which one of the two events happened first?

Did the Horde burn down the tree first for whatever reason and the assault from the Alliance is their retaliation, and Anduin is also pissed about the situation so that's why he's at the front lines with them? Or did the Alliance randomly decide to make a move on the Horde and the destruction of Teldrassil is their response?
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
11/03/2017 02:19 PMPosted by Etheldald
people seems to forget that the alliance side is still blaming the horde for leaving them.
¿did you not hear genn vs sylvanas "FOR VARIAN"?

it means that all the alliance from their POV see the horde like cowards and blame them for varians death.

it was not just jaina after leaving dala "they left to us to die on the broken shore"
it wasn't only her that thinks that the horde betrayed them.
and anduin actually said "vengeance can wait"

sure, the all seing player know what happend, but you need to seem from the characters perspective.

But they can communicate with each other, or through an intermediary who's on speaking terms with both (like Khadgar).

So is Anduin just not taking any calls from leaders on the other side?

Furthermore, if it's been revealed to Anduin in the Rogue campaign that he's been receiving false intelligence reports, should he not be reevaluating everything he thought he knew before?
11/03/2017 02:19 PMPosted by Etheldald

Which is the stupid and flimsiest excuse for war I've ever seen.

"You didn't die for me so now I'm going to kill you, herp derp, durrrr"
11/03/2017 02:22 PMPosted by Lawfulswank

i think that the siegue of lordaeron happend first, after the horde lost lordaeron, the horde go back to orgri where they gatter forces and burn down the three in response for losing lordaeron.

the true question is ¿what will happend to quelthalas and the belfs?
11/03/2017 01:32 PMPosted by Adelphie
Technically he said "vengeance can wait." Apparently he actually meant it.

Which means Velen is the only Alliance leader left standing who hasn't gone full retard yet.

I hope Velen smacks some common sense into people.

I'm gonna assume this is all some political hi-ho-shenanigans caused by old god interference though, because this doesn't make sense on either side's leadership.
Velen is done being a peacemaker as well.
He had significant development in Legion pointing him towards a different direction.

When the threat is abated, for all we know he will lead his people into war in order to save the world against the void, even if involves purging the Horde of its leadership.
11/03/2017 02:29 PMPosted by Sisü
I'm gonna assume this is all some political hi-ho-shenanigans caused by old god interference though, because this doesn't make sense on either side's leadership.

Could be interesting. The Old Gods failed at manipulating Deathwing. They had a chance with Garrosh stumbling upon Y'sharaaj, but that fizzled out.

Going at it from a world war standpoint would be the way to go. Catastrophic war to reduce population and kill off the strong, then they can influence the survivors.
He mass rezzed an entire army

That was definitely more than 40 units there
11/03/2017 02:33 PMPosted by Sparklehappy
11/03/2017 02:29 PMPosted by Sisü

Could be interesting. The Old Gods failed at manipulating Deathwing. They had a chance with Garrosh stumbling upon Y'sharaaj, but that fizzled out.

Going at it from a world war standpoint would be the way to go. Catastrophic war to reduce population and kill off the strong, then they can influence the survivors.

Pretty much. Velen would be the most 'immune' simply because he's got the Gandalf thing going on and he's basically the closest thing we have to Light in the flesh without being a naaru. Everyone else is fair game, and leaders in WoW seem to generally lack a common sense gene.
11/03/2017 01:40 PMPosted by Amantamune
When you have two war-obsessed nutjobs (Jaina and Greymane) constantly screaming in your ear, I'm sure it gets to you.

At this point, he'll probably become a Shadow Priest since even the Old Gods are more reasonable and less annoying with their whispers than those two.

MANduin casting mass resurrection was pretty cool though.

Looked to me like he's going holy pally.

Holy pallies don't get mass-rez though, do they?
Did people miss Velen's dialogue and his interactions with Illidan?

He's not the same person he was before. Returning to Argus saw to that.
11/03/2017 02:22 PMPosted by Lawfulswank
Two things we know for sure:

Horde burns down Teldrassil.

Alliance takes Under City.

Did the Horde burn down the tree first for whatever reason and the assault from the Alliance is their retaliation, and Anduin is also pissed about the situation so that's why he's at the front lines with them? Or did the Alliance randomly decide to make a move on the Horde and the destruction of Teldrassil is their response?
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
If you read the sample chapter from "Before the Storm" on mmo-champion, it looks like the first thing that happens is Sylvanus attacking Stormwind (and obviously failing to take it).
11/03/2017 02:32 PMPosted by Mythlos
He had significant development in Legion pointing him towards a different direction.

Doesn't mean he would jump headlong into a stupid faction war that doesn't really involve his people.
11/03/2017 01:38 PMPosted by Forben
It looked like Anduin was crying and was upset with himself when he began killing the Horde. I really don't think he wants to be there.

Yeah I thought this was pretty obvious in the cinematic. They have his face hidden behind that terrifying (but awesome) lion helmet because he is putting on a show. Presenting as a staunch, fearless, vicious warrior. When it gets knocked off during the battle we see what he truly thinks of the situation and what he truly is. The fiery core of his sword turns to a golden glow as he calls on the power of the light to do what he does best: heal and protect people.
11/03/2017 02:41 PMPosted by Adelphie
11/03/2017 02:32 PMPosted by Mythlos

Doesn't mean he would jump headlong into a stupid faction war that doesn't really involve his people.
you missed the part where there was a draenari warrior/paladin ON THE FRONT LINES of the cinematic eh? I saw it,the drenari get involved.
11/03/2017 02:44 PMPosted by Magnarok
11/03/2017 01:38 PMPosted by Forben
It looked like Anduin was crying and was upset with himself when he began killing the Horde. I really don't think he wants to be there.

Yeah I thought this was pretty obvious in the cinematic. They have his face hidden behind that terrifying (but awesome) lion helmet because he is putting on a show. Presenting as a staunch, fearless, vicious warrior. When it gets knocked off during the battle we see what he truly thinks of the situation and what he truly is. The fiery core of his sword turns to a golden glow as he calls on the power of the light to do what he does best: heal and protect people.
I don't think this was it,he looked around and saw all the alliance troops of his dead,genn was mortally wounded if not already dead. so he decided to turn the tide and do a mass revive on the fallen.

he wanted to be there, as his last line as him and the alliance charge proves it.