Arms or Fury for PVE content

Warrior
I don't PvP hardly at all. Leveling as Arms right now. I'm going to be running dungeons/mythics/LFR's and of course WQ's lol. But wanted to know which spec was better. Arms is pretty cool right now but I'm only 15 lol. Thanks!
which spec is better for pve is your question? depends, Arms is best raiding dps right now due to mainly single target or small aoe groups. Fury takes the cake in aoe/mythic plus battles. Personally im leveling an arms myself right now for Antorus because that single target dmg tho mmm baby
They're both equally as viable. for TOS arms took the lead for DPS numbers, but it's a lot less fun to play IMO. Every other tier of raiding fury has been the top DPS spec.
Arms is the best spec currently for all PvE content, that's not to say you can't do well as fury though. Fury is perfectly viable, but Arms is dominant in both ToS and mythic+.
11/07/2017 05:23 AMPosted by Cosmicness
which spec is better for pve is your question? depends, Arms is best raiding dps right now due to mainly single target or small aoe groups. Fury takes the cake in aoe/mythic plus battles. Personally im leveling an arms myself right now for Antorus because that single target dmg tho mmm baby
Fury is nowhere near arms in M+.
The question you're asking has been answered. What it hasn't been answered with is some actual numbers.

The difference between the two specs on single target is about 3% with Arms taking the lead mainly because of Synergy between Tier Bonus and Legendaries. Arms pulls ahead in TOS simply because of the nature of fights allowing burst AoE/Cleave to shine.
11/07/2017 09:35 AMPosted by Keliza
They're both equally as viable. for TOS arms took the lead for DPS numbers, but it's a lot less fun to play IMO. Every other tier of raiding fury has been the top DPS spec.

Exept EN. and TOS. Basicaly fury was top for NH only so far.
11/07/2017 06:11 PMPosted by Zorop

I think he means in all other expansions too, not just legion.
11/07/2017 06:11 PMPosted by Zorop

It was top for EN and TOV too. Arms was good early on until people actually started geting gear in EN.
Well it really varies per fight & fight mechanics.

If we get a patchwork style fight fury wins hands down, toss in add waves & cleaves on multiple targets and things change.

Basically in t21
arms has the cleave power & 1 min burst cd's.
fury has 35-45 second burst CD's

The warrior discord channel they don't even discuss t21 dps rotations etc like the other class discords do so there's not much rotation analysis. It's not like the old elitistjerks site where you can see multiple rotations & benefits.

If the fight has adds more often than 1 min Fury will pull ahead. If not arms will generally be superior.
From what I've seen arms is ahead but not by a drastic amount. Fury is generally regarded as the funner spec and I am inclined to agree.
I've been Arms the past few patches, but I'm moving back to Fury because the stats line up better with Prot and I want to be able to tank Mythic+ and raids as well.
I'm an Arms, personally, due to the fact that Fury increases your damage taken while Enraged and, well, the group/raid might not take too kindly to that. Comes down to, "Two dps are near death but I would only be able to save one. Do I save the guy going crazy with his damage-reducing CDs, trying to survive, or do I save the guy doing roughly the same amount of damage but frothing at the mouth and getting hit harder than usual?"

Kinda makes me feel like a liability when the healer(s)' mana starts to dip a bit....
11/09/2017 04:47 PMPosted by Hanseath
I'm an Arms, personally, due to the fact that Fury increases your damage taken while Enraged and, well, the group/raid might not take too kindly to that. Comes down to, "Two dps are near death but I would only be able to save one. Do I save the guy going crazy with his damage-reducing CDs, trying to survive, or do I save the guy doing roughly the same amount of damage but frothing at the mouth and getting hit harder than usual?"

Kinda makes me feel like a liability when the healer(s)' mana starts to dip a bit....

I honestly never really have this problem.
Fury's raid survival is probably the worst of the melee dps classes.

I mean sure you have 7 million health, but some mechanics will just strait pwn you. Where another class could have popped a CD and lived.

So 7 million health but you take 20% extra damage. Means you effectively have 5.6m. So 1/2 a mil more than you would in arms spec basically.

Arms has defensive stance & die by the sword. Meaning they can pop both for a DR of 44%.

Fury can pop enraged regeneration for an effective 16% damage reduction while enraged.

So lets look at a few abilities that kill people in TOS most commonly.

Hydra shot
6666332 dmg
Arms pops CD's and lives a solo soak taking 3.7m damage
Fury pops CD's and lives taking 5.6m damage

Hydra acid starts tick 290400 a sec, arms survives all the dot no problem
Fury the dot will kill you unless you get heals.

Glaive Storm
2657627 to 2942373 dmg (x2 usually is what kills you)
**BE PRO & JUMP** works on any except the first big one.
Usually it's the double glave hit from the first split that kills people. So 2x glaives

Hits for less than hydra both survive

Dark Mark
8890000 dmg

g2g finish later
11/09/2017 07:01 PMPosted by Derilore

I mean sure you have 7 million health, but some mechanics will just strait pwn you. Where another class could have popped a CD and lived.

So 7 million health but you take 20% extra damage. Means you effectively have 5.6m. So 1/2 a mil more than you would in arms spec basically.

Arms has defensive stance & die by the sword. Meaning they can pop both for a DR of 44%.

Fury can pop enraged regeneration for an effective 16% damage reduction while enraged.

Hydra shot
6666332 dmg

Glaive Storm
Usually it's the double glave hit from the first split that kills people. So 2x glaives

Dark Mark
8890000 dmg

g2g finish later

holy !@#$ you're a good warrior, you should make a fury guide.
11/09/2017 07:01 PMPosted by Derilore

Hydra shot
6666332 dmg

Glaive Storm

Dark Mark
8890000 dmg

g2g finish later

I never can understand how people can break down mechanics like this off the top of their heads...
Hydra shot

won't kill you if people do the mechanics right

Glaive Storm

won't kill you if you know how to dodge mechanics

Dark Mark

won't kill you if you have people who soak the mechanic. but with that being said, this mechanic is an overall horribly designed mechanic that favors people who can soak the damage by themselves; this isn't really fair to bring up for anyone who can't handle it by themselves.

Fury's survivability is fine. The extra health literally makes up for the extra damage taken and is arguably better than not taking a little bit more damage. The only time the extra damage taken would have mattered would have been at the start of the expansion, and even that hardly had an effect.