Please... Please For the Love of Holy

General Discussion
PLEASE GET RID OF VERSATILITY.

Literally every item I get from the relinquished vendor is a versatility item.

Versatility Mastery
Versatility Haste
Versatility Critical Strike
Nothing but versatility (This happened twice on my warlock...)

MY PRIORITY STATS ARE LITERALLY EVERYTHING BUT VERSATILITY

"Use: Create a soulbound item appropriate for your loot specialization (Havoc)."

I would appreciate it if the Dev's would at the very least prioritize stat sticks that THEY programmed to be better for me.

Okay, vent over.

Carry on, lads.
You have a 50% chance to get Versatility on any item. Your luck has been bad, but getting Versatility repeatedly isn't abnormal, really.
+1209 Versatility
09/14/2017 05:00 PMPosted by Reileina
"Use: Create a soulbound item appropriate for your loot specialization (Havoc)."

I would appreciate it if the Dev's would at the very least prioritize stat sticks that THEY programmed to be better for me.
it creates an item that is suitable for your spec, not "best-in-slot for you spec."
Vers is fine. It's pretty highly weighted for some specs, and is more highly weighted than most people think for the rest of the specs.
Blizzard just needs to go to PvE templates.
Better remove Critical Strike, like, why the hell i have so much?! It's almost useless for me!!!
It's interesting that this wasn't such an apparent issue for the Nethershard vendor, as supposedly they're pulling from the same loot table.

Or, if it was, people weren't mentioning it as much at least. I wonder what changed.
Why can't we choose stats we want? Why does it have to be random?
09/14/2017 05:03 PMPosted by Deathchix

it creates an item that is suitable for your spec, not "best-in-slot for you spec."

let's be honest, "suitable for your spec" literally just means plate/mail/leather/cloth at this point.
09/14/2017 05:09 PMPosted by Liviy
It's interesting that this wasn't such an apparent issue for the Nethershard vendor, as supposedly they're pulling from the same loot table.

Or, if it was, people weren't mentioning it as much at least. I wonder what changed.

I actually got more mastery than anything from the nethershard version, which was fine because Crit and Mastery are my two highest stats with haste coming close behind them.

I've never had so many items in a row with versatility, it's really frustrating because the stat is almost useless in comparison.
Been trying to get a mastery/haste ring for my hunter main to shore up a slot I've generally had bad luck on. Continuing that trend, 4/6 relinquished rings have been crit/vers, the other 2 also had vers.

But as was mentioned earlier, it's not actually unusual to have a string of items with one stat on them, when there are so few stats in the game. We just notice it more when it's our worst one. It sticks with us and seems like it's more common than the opposite situation. But it isn't. I don't tend to remember the items which are decent enough, but not necessarily upgrades. I certainly don't notice if I get a long string of them in a row. They're background noise. But those vers rings, I notice.

I'll get a decent ring from it eventually.

And I've got some alts which actually want vers.
ummm no my mage uses vers and so does my rogue.

deal with it

Actually, versatility ranks higher than mastery for you right now. It's not as good as crit or haste, but it's only slightly worse.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/97XqJKaM9tXnmakyZ5zfUk

Maybe you should learn more about how to play your character before you start asking them to remove stats that are actually decent for you.
09/14/2017 05:09 PMPosted by Shadowvenom

because then it wouldnt waste enough of your time
I like Versatility. It's great for questing and soloing, which is 99% of what I do.

So I plugged your present gear and spec into SimulationCraft, and I get Versatility as ahead of both Agility and Mastery for you in single target, and ahead of every other secondary stat (if only slightly) in AOE.

If you're vendoring versatility gear right now without checking, you're doing yourself a tremendous disservice.
09/14/2017 05:09 PMPosted by Shadowvenom

because then people would just start stacking the best stat and be over powered.

being random is not always bad like people think
We both wear leather, tell you what, you go ahead and box those nasty ole versatility pieces up and FedEx that stuff right on over to me.

Doubly so if it's versa/crit.

Then we both win!
09/14/2017 05:09 PMPosted by Liviy

There were a few threads about it per week. Including conspiracy theories that Blizz more often gives out vers pieces because vers is the "worst stat" and they want to curb power creep. Those were good times. Very entertaining.