Silver Shard Mines 4 the Alliance!

Battlegrounds
I cant help but notice alliance almost lose 100% on this map and I also cant help but notice alliance maintaining control of top cart almost 100% of those loses. so I would like to explain the folly of the "Top Cart".
ik its right there outside your spawn, but its bait. let me explain.
1. top cart has the longest track and its is the most isolated track.
2. bottom and mid being the shorter tracks makes them easier to defend and score quick points in comparison to the top cart.
3. there is no "3".
ill even attempt to draw a graph to represent the distance of the 3 carts
___cap [bottom cart]
______cap [mid cart]
______________cap [top cart]
just because its (top cart) right outside of your spawn and the enemy whose always winning ignores it, doesn't mean its good.
top cart will leave you isolated and unable to help with any defense .
now the other 2 carts have synergy. short tracks both visible from the spawning point making it easy to defend both and dominate the field and eventually farm the other team as they trickle from their spawn point.
I can only guess some allstar is in your group calling for top cart and I cant imagine what you'd pick as your other option.... but I can assure you they're dooming you to failure 9 out of 10 games.
and for the record, in bg's when its a multiple choice question, the most isolated "one" is usually the wrong answer 100%.
gm in ab (lets rogues prove their worth)
mines in tbfg [A] (always go ww)^but for the love of games if no one meets you at ww start looking at lh immediately. and a healers place is with the zerg, never defending unless the zerg is defending.
I hope this helps those that read it. sorry for the na paragraphs. glhf!
Agree. The top cart needs to be grabbed by Alliance and defended by two players at the most. Instead of exiting the right cave opening at the beginning, most Alliance players should exit the left opening and immediately take the cart headed to the lava bed. Yeah, you'll have to fight for it but that's the fun.

Part of a successful BG strategy is knowing when to let the other side have an uncontested resource, freeing your side to fight for higher value.
I would like to see them alternate the starting sides. I can help feeling like Alliance has to run through horde to reach bottom and mid. Horde spawns between the cart and the Alliance gy. It's much easier to retreat to a node than rush through offensively.
In my experience whichever team gets the first lava cap wins the game because they understand the timing mechanics and can win the team fight.
09/29/2017 07:49 AMPosted by Sparkhammer
I would like to see them alternate the starting sides. I can help feeling like Alliance has to run through horde to reach bottom and mid. Horde spawns between the cart and the Alliance gy. It's much easier to retreat to a node than rush through offensively.

As a DK with On a Pale Horse 20% mounted speed passive I can almost always reach lava before anyone else coming from Alliance left exit. However going for mid is a different story...even going full straight-on without any cc's thrown my way Horde always get there first and have it flipped. Which is fine imo with the above-mentioned advantage to lava. One silver lining for Ally going mid at the start is that you can take the path up that forks towards water and jump down from there and you can *sometimes* catch people by surprise.
09/29/2017 09:44 AMPosted by Kuroscyion
09/29/2017 07:49 AMPosted by Sparkhammer

As a DK with On a Pale Horse 20% mounted speed passive I can almost always reach lava before anyone else coming from Alliance left exit. However going for mid is a different story...even going full straight-on without any cc's thrown my way Horde always get there first and have it flipped. Which is fine imo with the above-mentioned advantage to lava. One silver lining for Ally going mid at the start is that you can take the path up that forks towards water and jump down from there and you can *sometimes* catch people by surprise.

Do you mean the path up to the Berserker buff?
i find when i pvp Alliance like to avoid pvp.
Interesting. I find that as Alliance I win about 70% of Silvershard. We usually always control top with 1 and send reinforcements if needed. For the other cart, trying to control lava is the right initial strategy, but if all Horde go there sometimes you need to adjust and take mid. It's more about adjusting your strategy and numbers.

As a fury warrior I like to use two of my leaps early on to trap any horde coming out of the bottom tunnel with my aoe snare. I can oftentimes trap 3-5 players there and then pop cooldowns and aoe the crud out of them and frequently take out 1 of them before I leap out of there before they take me down. Sometimes I'll find other alliance get in there and help me and we can wipe a bunch of horde back to the gy, and they aren't smart enough to res and go out the other part so a couple of us can trap a bunch of them there for a long time and build a decent lead. If you can amass a good initial lead in SS it tends to demoralize the other team, and semi-gy camping accomplishes that real well.
09/29/2017 10:44 AMPosted by Guyfawkes
09/29/2017 09:44 AMPosted by Kuroscyion

Do you mean the path up to the Berserker buff?

Yeah I think that's it.