Why I refuse to buy a blizzcon ticket

General Discussion
Leave the poor dead horse alone.

WPVP HAS NEVER AND WILL NEVER BE BALANCED.
You're like the vegetarian that abstains and thinks it will stop all consumption of meat products.

Good luck
10/26/2017 12:35 PMPosted by Shadaver
Out of protest over the abysmal balance that is wpvp this expansion, I refuse to buy a blizzcon ticket. I will abstain. This is my way of telling blizzard that their bad choices are going to start costing them money.

To fix this, Ion, you can start by setting pvp templates to on at all times in open world, or adding baseline resilience, or doing some balancing around wpvp on pvp servers. Your pve open world is unbalanced for pvp servers, and you should be ashamed of your design. You should be balancing so that no class has guaranteed victories. As is, many classes can one shot other classes.

My cold heart legendary allows me to one shot people. Not cool bro. Rogues can one shot people. Bears are immune to damage. Paladin bubble hearths. The shenanigans keeps on rolling while the losing classes are nothing more than mindless fodder to be slain at will. This carnage must end. Because of your abysmal design team, I am taking a stand and I refuse to purchase a blizzcon ticket. Even if there is a sweet mount attached.

Your loss.

***flies away on my new mount***
I don't buy a ticket because I don't see a point paying for information I will get for free by waiting an extra hour for one of the fansites to post their summaries.

10/26/2017 02:38 PMPosted by Rokara
Your loss.

Mounts are far too common to be anything special these days even if they're unique models like the airships, unfortunately.

I would imagine most people wouldn't consider it a loss at all.
I purchased a ticket because I'm having the most fun on WoW that I've had in a while and because I've been very satisfied with their other games that I've also enjoyed. The expac isn't perfect but I don't think that it is reasonable to hold out for perfection to begin with.

I also wanted the goodies.

Edit: Grammar.
Out of protest over the abysmal balance that is wpvp this expansion, I refuse to buy a blizzcon ticket. I will abstain. This is my way of telling blizzard that their bad choices are going to start costing them money.

To fix this, Ion, you can start by setting pvp templates to on at all times in open world, or adding baseline resilience, or doing some balancing around wpvp on pvp servers. Your pve open world is unbalanced for pvp servers, and you should be ashamed of your design. You should be balancing so that no class has guaranteed victories. As is, many classes can one shot other classes.

My cold heart legendary allows me to one shot people. Not cool bro. Rogues can one shot people. Bears are immune to damage. Paladin bubble hearths. The shenanigans keeps on rolling while the losing classes are nothing more than mindless fodder to be slain at will. This carnage must end. Because of your abysmal design team, I am taking a stand and I refuse to purchase a blizzcon ticket. Even if there is a sweet mount attached.

Everything you wrote is wrong and you should feel bad about yourself.

But seriously, what you describe is exactly what wpvp SHOULD be. Making it more balanced, making it harder to one-shot people would be a huge mistake and am glad that Blizz is sticking to their guns.

Git Gud!
A better reason not to buy one is because its silly to pay a company to advertise to you. I guess if you live close and are into that sort of thing I could see showing up for Blizzcon but paying to watch a video of it is just a huge waste of money IMO. There is nothing you will learn/see on those videos that won't be available on the net within 5 minutes of it being annouced.
Oh dang. Thanks for reminding me to go buy mine!
10/26/2017 03:12 PMPosted by Joynal
I don't buy a ticket because I don't see a point paying for information I will get for free by waiting an extra hour for one of the fansites to post their summaries.

10/26/2017 02:38 PMPosted by Rokara
Your loss.

Mounts are far too common to be anything special these days even if they're unique models like the airships, unfortunately.

I would imagine most people wouldn't consider it a loss at all.

Talk to us after the offer to obtain these mounts is gone and the forums are flooded with requests and rants of why they are not still obtainable after Blizzcon.

lmao.
Why isn't "I don't want to spend $60 to watch a bunch of pasty nerds announce news that I can read about the next day for free" enough of a reason?

And no, a mount doesn't sweeten the deal for me.
You're so brave... to be standing up to Blizzard by not buying their thing. Damn, you'll sure show them!
This is my way of telling blizzard that their bad choices are going to start costing them money.

I have in some months spent as much per month as over 100 players combined with my multiboxing and stuff that I buy and I am also going to gift some random person a Blizzcon just to make up for your insolence, OP.....I have bought every service possible that Blizzard has to offer on multiple accounts of mine and I am about ready to begin multiboxing again I am thinking of running a small shaman set this time There have been a few months especially back in WoLK where I spent as much in about a 2 month period on TCG + WoW combined as the entirety of you on this thread who have posted before me spend in an entire year of your WoW playing.

Maxing out wow tokens getting 60$ level boosts for several dozen toons to get them to 90 and then boosting those 90s to level 100 when those boosts came out, buying 16 Swift Spectal Tigers from TCG and selling them on Auction house last xpac, getting over 90 combined wow services for server xfers, toon name changes, server xfers, name changes, appearance changes, getting every new game that has come out in deluxe, buying EVERY hero possible in that other game they have that I forgot the name of, getting every single WoW game in a collectors edition and doing it for multiple wow accounts too having so many wow accounts that I had to make new wow licenses for them

So I'm 100% positive that with all of that, there have been some months where I have spent more than ALL of you on this little thread combined in an entire year. And my account name is Agitz (a tad bit different way of writing it) for my main set of 10 accounts that I have.

So go ahead and try to frighten Blizzard by NOT buying ONE little thing that I am going to end up gifting away anyways.

And if Blizzard brings back mutiboxing then all of my spending will start up again. BUT I am 100% positive that just me alone has spent more than you will spend in the entire time of you playing wow just this last year alone.

That's all....
10/26/2017 12:40 PMPosted by Huh
Obvious troll is obvious.
Nah that's just Shadaver, pretty sure he's serious. He has some mind boggling bad ideas and understanding of the game.
World PVP was never balanced,get over it already,besides it's also practically dead. Maybe it wouldn't be if the WPVP community didn't become a festering blemish of douchenozzles whose perspective of WPVP os ambushign players who can't fight back rather than someone their level with superior skill AKA people who complain about balance in WPVP 9/10 flat out just suck.
10/26/2017 12:35 PMPosted by Ghargon
ok
How exactly do they balance a 110 ganking 60s in Hellfire Penn?

Besides, there is that open world PVP quest where you can jump on a goat and use it to knock people off a cliff. I love that one. What more can you ask for?
Why I refuse to buy a blizzcon ticket

Bummer man. You sound like life of the party......yeah.
They always let you view the opening ceremony for free anyway and that's where any announcements would be.

The rest of the things you can just read about on MMO Champion or wait until people post them on youtube.
You: I'm protesting you by not giving you this $40 but here take this $180/year

It's one thing to protest a company by taking your business elsewhere, but "protesting" a company by withholding money with the right hand while handing them money with the left hand is... not conveying the message you think it is.
Gottem.