Beware the Classic Server fake fans & trolls

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next
11/06/2017 06:12 AMPosted by Dorondir
Hell, I don't even want the game to automatically dismount me when I click on a flight path destination. That's how much of a purist I am.

Remember auto dismounts any time you hit water in SoS or DM?

OP: Agree 100%. Would like to see them dust off 1.2 or later (preferably after AHs are joined...remember those days?) (prior patches truly sucked) and launch Vanilla as it originally was. No QoL; grind grind grind, no LFG, no mount till 40; economy tight (took weeks to earn a single gold); terribad builds for most classes BUT the flexibility of the original talent trees;

It needs to be just as it was or it isn't Vanilla or Classic anything.

If this Classic turns out to be the New Coke, it will fail.
Vanilla ice cream isn't "vanilla ice cream with some chocolate ice cream and maybe a little strawberry ice cream". The vanilla crowd didn't ask for neapolitan ice cream, they asked for vanilla.

This should not be hard to grasp.
11/06/2017 10:25 AMPosted by Wyleecoyote
This should not be hard to grasp.

Per the thread, I think a lot of it is being driven by the "wall of no" crowd who are bitter that legacy is happening. They feel they were made to look bad after defending Blizz stance for so long, only to have them eventually reverse it.

So sabotaging legacy is how they "get back" at those of us who just wanted a version of WoW we enjoyed.
11/06/2017 06:24 AMPosted by Loginerror

A classic server isn't an opinion. You either have it the way it was or it's something entirely different. Barring major bugs, it should be nearly the exact same experience gameplay wise.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
11/06/2017 07:44 AMPosted by Trihardss
God you're so annyoing. You literally want every reward from Classic being transmoggable on the Live Servers because you didn't obtain the rewards originally, or because you weren't good enough to complete the challenge required, that is the definition of entitlement.

No, that is not the definition of entitlement. The definition of entitlement is that I already believe I have a RIGHT to it.

You are acting entitled by arguing your stance that I should NOT have the right to it that you have the right to EXCLUSIVITY. THAT is entitlement. Sorry to burst your bubble, dear - go ahead and Google it, yourself.

And yes, I will continue to advocate my view, no matter how "annoying" it is to you. Deal with it. I believe that if a person is willing to put in the time and effort on these new classic servers to attain the nearly inattainable, they should have something to show for it. I am sorry to threaten your precious "exclusivity" and your entitlement, but it's what I believe, in my heart, is fair.
11/06/2017 06:20 AMPosted by Crembrole
Or maybe some people have different opinions than yours!

Its not about opinion, its about wanting the true vanilla experience being true to the old game. There were no boa's in classic, there was no flying in classic, there was no mount/pet/appearance/toy tab in classic etc. If you want all the modern conveniences then you dont want classic. Stick to modern wow, the people that truly want pure classics servers want them as they were, good bad and ugly.
11/06/2017 07:56 AMPosted by Brìeana
11/06/2017 07:41 AMPosted by Sweetpeaz
You folks I fear are going to be really disappointed in what is released. What made Vanilla great was the community in the game, and if the new vanilla is taking it's crowd from the current group, you're not going to have a very vanilla experience.

I partially agree with what you are saying, but, here's a big part of how I see it.

A huge part of what made the community what it was, was the actual game design of how Classic was itself. The game was made in such a way that you actually needed your fellow players to do many things and succeed. Elites required groups. There were many group quests even in the low level zones that required teamwork and cooperation. Dungeons required teamwork and communication, very unlike today. We all needed each other to a huge extent. Anyone who was a ninja or a jerk would have a bad time because they became known on the server and would basically end up being blacklisted.

That is just a few examples but maybe you get my point.

This. It will be in your best interest to take the time to stop and help someone, chat, make friends. You know, be social.
I know people should do this anyway, but now it has a tangible benefit which will regulate player behavior.
The only thing I want from classic that wasn't there is RET PVE VIABILITY (and by extension, all specs).
If you are having a hard time grasping the idea that classic wow shouldn't be changed, then you need to read what I have to say very closely.

Classic WoW was in the past, after years of the legacy community fighting tooth and nail to make this happen, now we are fighting with a community who doesn't understand what true legacy content is.

The point of these classic servers aren't to appeal to new players who want to make this new amalgamation of retail and vanilla, the point is to appeal to the millions of people who want CLASSIC WOW. Blizzard has everything to gain by creating authentic classic servers and everything to lose by appealing to these absurd requests.

These arguments "add transmog", "add new player models", etc. all fall under personal incredulity. These people do not understand classic wow, as I have yet to see any logical reasoning for this other than a personal appeal that "is not a major change". Stop asking for these things that never existed back then. The point is to recreate an authentic vanilla experience, if you do not like it, play retail.
The message of this thread is actually very important. There is a concerted effort being made by trolls to create a false narrative that classic-server enthusiasts aren't united in how they want those servers to play out: an exact duplication of vanilla.

Obviously there are some legitimate players who are curious to play vanilla, but don't want to give up their qol changes. I would simply disagree with them and encourage them to try out the game in its original form, warts and all. But there's no animosity there.

Unfortunately there's a much larger group of players who are simply trolling. It's sad, but not unexpected. Hopefully Blizzard devs realize what's going on and commit to delivering what true vanilla fans have been craving for years.
I like how the OP denounces the people who are pro classic but want some QoL changes as "Not part of the Classic community" when they were some of the people fighting for it in the first place.

So much for the "Community".
11/06/2017 10:34 AMPosted by Jazrozi
11/06/2017 07:44 AMPosted by Trihardss
God you're so annyoing. You literally want every reward from Classic being transmoggable on the Live Servers because you didn't obtain the rewards originally, or because you weren't good enough to complete the challenge required, that is the definition of entitlement.

No, that is not the definition of entitlement. The definition of entitlement is that I already believe I have a RIGHT to it.

You are acting entitled by arguing your stance that I should NOT have the right to it that you have the right to EXCLUSIVITY. THAT is entitlement. Sorry to burst your bubble, dear - go ahead and Google it, yourself.

And yes, I will continue to advocate my view, no matter how "annoying" it is to you. Deal with it. I believe that if a person is willing to put in the time and effort on these new classic servers to attain the nearly inattainable, they should have something to show for it. I am sorry to threaten your precious "exclusivity" and your entitlement, but it's what I believe, in my heart, is fair.

You obviously think you have the right to own unobtainable items from content you never did originally on Live Servers lmao.

You want to know what's funny? I don't have any of those really exclusive items like the Corrupted Ashbringer, but I'm still against them becoming obtainable as transmog on Live Servers. You want to know why I'm against that? Because I don't feel self entitled and I actually respect the people that did the content and obtained the rewards originally on Live Servers.

Keep classic and live separate, end of story.
Classic Does not mean Vanilla ... prepare your hype
11/06/2017 10:05 AMPosted by Evilmuffin
11/06/2017 09:49 AMPosted by Studmuffyn
Lol no, most of those were not interested in open and honest discussion at all, most would shout down and insult anyone who dared like Current WoW.

Other forum muffin! :D

Yarp. I have most of that stuff from back then in my posts (some threads got deleted though.. nothing I can do about that), that exhibits this. That was what I saw. I remember very, very clearly asking the various OP's what it was they wanted to expound upon - to open a line of discussion - and I started getting shouted down by then too, for even daring to go against the GD hivemind of "NO classic servers omg!!1111".

Unfortunately, the forum is being tweaky right now, and I can't go that far back in my post history. I blame goblins.

We are everywhere!

Oh I am not saying there weren't some who may have been honestly trying, but trying to paint them all or even a majority as being innocent is not truthful, plenty came in spewing vitriol and hate , a lot saying that you could not like both versions of the game, either you liked it their way or you were wrong(that part goes to both 'sides)

They all hated what the wall said, mostly because it was true, like I said its a collection of reasons why not now and not no, Blizzard tries to never say never, and unless I missed something in the last 14 years they never said never ever to legacy.

The whole "us vs them' and "it's a war" is honestly so stupid and does nothing but hurt the ENTIRE WoW community, people thinking they get to define who really likes what and labeling people who don't follow the hivemind 100% are just as bad.

In the end we are ALL WoW fans or we wouldn't be here, some since the beginning, some later, some new, but ALL WoW fans, meh it's all so tiring to think about,lol.
11/06/2017 11:17 AMPosted by Trihardss
You obviously think you have the right to own unobtainable items from content you never did originally on Live Servers lmao.

No - I just think that your entire exclusivity argument is total entitlement of its own. I think you're a hypocrite who is easily angered and upset, arguing for something that makes little sense just for whatever self-entitlement you think you possess in having certain items you believe no one else should have.

11/06/2017 11:17 AMPosted by Trihardss
You want to know what's funny? I don't have any of those really exclusive items like the Corrupted Ashbringer, but I'm still against them becoming obtainable as transmog on Live Servers. You want to know why I'm against that? Because I don't feel self entitled and I actually respect the people that did the content and obtained the rewards originally on Live Servers.

Keep classic and live separate, end of story.

You obviously have no respect for anyone BUT those who got Corrupted Ashbringer originally. You arguing on the behalf of another person does not make you altruistic and selfless. It just makes you someone else's thrall.
11/06/2017 10:55 AMPosted by Akaidian
The only thing I want from classic that wasn't there is RET PVE VIABILITY (and by extension, all specs).

So then you don’t want Classic, got it.
11/06/2017 09:05 AMPosted by Phelios
I just hope they make ret and prot viable again instead of being forced into holy healing.

Although would we have transmog vendors at least?

And someone else who doesn’t want Classic, this thread and others seem infested with people who don’t want Classic but who want some tweaked rose-coloured glasses version of Classic.
Even if you don't want them, you'll get them.

You'll never get pure Vanilla Classic back.
11/06/2017 11:43 AMPosted by Valliac
Even if you don't want them, you'll get them.

You'll never get pure Vanilla Classic back.

Makes the entire endeavor kinda pointless if you ask me. Then those same people they catered to will either quit anyway, or demand MORE CHANGES. It will never stop once it begins. If people want QoL they can play the hyper casualized current year version of WoW. I want to go back to when even getting into a raid took serious dedication. It MATTERED then that you killed "insert end boss here."