Junk in the Mail: Not Wanted

General Discussion
I just received mail from Blizz that included a worn hooked claw (21 coppers) and other grey junk loot dropped by mobs in Argus. I didn't even bother to pick up the loot the first time around because it is totally worthless. I don't want it.

Since when did Blizz start sending us EVERYTHING in the mail we didn't loot? I don't recall getting "grey" items mailed to me in the past.

Do we really need to have this junk mailed to us? The loot tables of the mobs in Argus are insulting enough as it is and to have this worthless crud mailed back to me is a real slap in the face.

Please fix this.
Better yet advance this so it'll send me fresh meat for my hunter if I dc and it's in the loot box as I stare at a frozen screen. *cries*
They should allow us to set an option for it, what level we want it mailed to us.

I pick up everything and sell it. And I'd certainly rather they sweep up everything in the mail and send it to us, it's always been a kind of pet peeve of mine that it didn't work like that, and only higher level stuff came through if you missed it.

They should be able to have us put a setting it to, so we can elect how much trash gets swept to the mail.
You don't like free money, OP?
Worse by far is when you've reached the limit on Veiled Argunite (2000), every time you can't pick up more of the stuff you get a mail saying missed loot is enclosed but there's nothing with it as you've reached the limit. I've had dozens of these stupid mails, sick and tired of them.
I /wish/ it would mail me loot I don't pickup due to lack of bag space. But nope, never happens.

I can run raids and kill random mobs in zones, but I never get mail. I feel bad on my missed out vendor gold :(
09/15/2017 07:25 PMPosted by Clink
Worse by far is when you've reached the limit on Veiled Argunite (2000), every time you can't pick up more of the stuff you get a mail saying missed loot is enclosed but there's nothing with it as you've reached the limit. I've had dozens of these stupid mails, sick and tired of them.

You can buy 910 gear with them (for 650 argunite) and those items can titanforge pretty high. I believe they can also grant legendaries. There's really no good excuse for being overcapped on those for longer than it takes to realize that you are, go back, and spend down. If you've gotten "dozens" of these mails, you're just not spending down. Opening all those mails probably takes longer than you'd spend just clicking the trinkets at Vashreen a few times.
Would you rather go back to the old ways of losing loot because you DC'd and couldn't loot the mob in time?
09/15/2017 03:39 PMPosted by Rastlin
I just received mail from Blizz that included a worn hooked claw (21 coppers) and other grey junk loot dropped by mobs in Argus. I didn't even bother to pick up the loot the first time around because it is totally worthless. I don't want it.

Since when did Blizz start sending us EVERYTHING in the mail we didn't loot? I don't recall getting "grey" items mailed to me in the past.

Do we really need to have this junk mailed to us? The loot tables of the mobs in Argus are insulting enough as it is and to have this worthless crud mailed back to me is a real slap in the face.

Please fix this.

If any of those items are off of mobs that can be gathered by the gathering professions you are one of the jerks messing with spawns and mining cycles.
But it's 21 FREE copper.
Yeah, this has been going on for way too long. Thank God they didn't put any fishing/first aid/cooking scrolls in this expansion, because I was so sick and tired of having those sent back to my alts that didn't even have those professions.
Mailman thinks you're littering. He's trying to send you a message.

well what you needa start doing is purchasing at least one item to reduce the currency, as it is actually added the next time you log in, which i think is a fantastic 'safeguard' feature to make certain you don't lose them completely.

Why would you even be capped on this ever? With titanforging, there is always a chance at an upgrade for everyone.

Every time I have enough for a new piece, I head immediately to the vendor.
I got a legendary in the mail, so I can't really say I'd like to see a change.
Instead of mailing the grey items they should just mail us the gold.

Are you talking about this character you're posting on? Cuz he needs to go use the veiled stuff and replace a lot, A LOT of gear. You still have blue gear.

Go shopping!
09/15/2017 09:26 PMPosted by Tiakatt

You can buy 910 gear with them (for 650 argunite) and those items can titanforge pretty high. I believe they can also grant legendaries. There's really no good excuse for being overcapped on those for longer than it takes to realize that you are, go back, and spend down. If you've gotten "dozens" of these mails, you're just not spending down. Opening all those mails probably takes longer than you'd spend just clicking the trinkets at Vashreen a few times.

I have a 925 ilvl, why would I be buying 910 gear?

09/16/2017 02:56 AMPosted by Vixie

Are you talking about this character you're posting on? Cuz he needs to go use the veiled stuff and replace a lot, A LOT of gear. You still have blue gear.

Go shopping!

No I'm not talking about this alt.
09/15/2017 03:39 PMPosted by Rastlin

Please fix this.

Was also super annoying to keep getting the first aid item and stuff spammed during the beginning of the expansion. I like to keep my bags clean, and only loot what I want, what I leave is intentional. If I miss a boss/glitch and it sends me the loot I'm fine with that. But, if I've opened the loot panel for that mob it shouldn't mail me anything.
09/16/2017 03:02 AMPosted by Clink
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I have a 925 ilvl, why would I be buying 910 gear?

09/16/2017 02:56 AMPosted by Vixie

Go shopping!

No I'm not talking about this alt.

Then just buy and DE or vendor. It's really not hard to keep your weirdo current currency in line if you don't want excess mail.

I remember various battleground faction tokens used to cap out and we'd get extras in the mail. Couldn't even clear the mailbox til you spent some and made space in your bags. This was a problem since classic/TBC maybe Wrath too, that's why currency just goes into your Currency tab now. Be thankful all that stuff isn't clogging your bags.

If you really don't want it, let it sit in the mail until they expire and self-delete.