Why is multi-boxing still a thing?

General Discussion
1 2 3 26 Next
Its an unfair practice for both pvp and pve servers. getting gang banged by 12 characters all named lolgetrekt isn't exactly "Fun". and getting all your nodes/mobs taken by some loser isn't fun either. i cant believe blizzard hasn't dealt with this problem yet. Disappointed.
They won't. Cause money
They make money = they don't care... this is their official position and not just my opinion by the way.
09/24/2017 06:31 AMPosted by Arthurius
They make money = they don't care... this is their official position and not just my opinion by the way.
That is not their official position. Show me any communication from Blizzard where they said exactly that. I'll wait because I know you won't find it.
Why the hell is multi-boxing still a thing?

09/24/2017 06:29 AMPosted by Reirâ
They won't. Cause money
Because there is nothing wrong with it. 2+ vs 1 will end the same way regardless of how many players are involved.
Because it's fun to have max level characters. I know someone that has 2 5 man teams (one melee, one ranged) and then 2 extras. It's a nice way to be a completionist.
09/24/2017 06:49 AMPosted by Rrayy
That is not their official position. Show me any communication from Blizzard where they said exactly that. I'll wait because I know you won't find it.

Well lets see...

They make money off of mutliboxers because they have multiple subscriptions...

They do not care that people do it and do not consider it against the rules...

Send them a ticket complaining about a multi boxer, I have, and they will tell you they don't consider it against the rules, meaning they don't care people are doing it.

Its not hard to put 2 and 2 together here and make 4.... they make money = they don't care that people are doing it, and they will tell you as much in not so many words if you complain.
Do you feel that if a group of 12 characters all controlled individually would attack you that you would somehow fare better?
09/24/2017 06:49 AMPosted by Rrayy

Since you asked....

"This is Game Master Kumalcenthor, here to provide my services as a Blizzard Wizard to your utmost satisfaction!

I understand you contacted us with some concerns about another player who is multi-boxing. I'm glad you brought it up with us so that we can talk about it. I do not want you to feel that we are dismissing those concerns; to the contrary, we value you immensely as a player and customer and we think your feedback is vital to maintaining an epic gaming experience. I do want to make sure that I'm transparent with you so that you understand where we stand with regard to multi-boxing and there's no misunderstanding between us.

Currently multi-boxing is not against any of our policies. Only programs which automate normal gameplay (for example, farming bots, auction house bots, various cheating programs, etc.) or programs which exploit the game (speed hacks, flying hacks, etc.) are against our terms of service. For more details, please feel free to check out our public article, available here: <http://us.battle.net/support/article/200783>

I understand that a multi-boxer can cause quite the disruption to the opposite faction, particularly on PvP realms; however, in theory that's no different than a group of people working together to do the same thing. One guy multi-boxing a dozen accounts, for example, would not even be as effective as a dozen players just working together to do the same thing. And that's just a normal part of the game, with each faction fighting and disrupting the other faction.

Now, please don't think that because of that, we're not open to suggestions. If you would like to suggest changes to our policies, you can absolutely do so! However, the proper avenue for that is not through the Game Master department, but rather though the forums or the in-game suggestion feature. If you haven't used the in-game feature before, I will glad explain how to!

Click "Help" on the in-game menu (default to pull up the menu is Esc).
Click Submit Suggestion.
Enter your suggestion. Be sure to follow the guidelines on the submission form.
Click Submit.

Keep in mind that comments submitted via that format go directly to those who control game content! I can assure you that player feedback plays a huge role as they consider what changes to make or not make. This is how BoA gear started, barber shops, even Faction and Race changes. They are always looking for ways to improve! ^_^

I hope this helped us reach a mutual understanding if not a mutual agreement. Thanks for respecting our position and I hope you have an awesome rest of your day!"
it's no different than 12 individual people killing you. it's not going anywhere
Basically because Blizzard is getting paid. Technically it may go against their ToS in relation to using bot programs in game but I guess they don't care because of 'reasons'.
So people buy multiple accounts, level those characters and play them at the same time on different accounts, different computers and then PVP happened?

They're not using a cheat program to win a match or hacking into the WOW system so not sure what the complaint is other than you got rekt by a multiboxer.

I have faced several Multiboxer on the Emerald Dream and the Horde always seems to band together and destroy these players, just saying.
09/24/2017 07:19 AMPosted by Taurotragus
So people buy multiple accounts, level those characters and play them at the same time on different accounts, different computers and then PVP happened?

They're not using a cheat program to win a match or hacking into the WOW system so not sure what the complaint is other than you got rekt by a multiboxer.

I have faced several Multiboxer on the Emerald Dream and the Horde always seems to band together and destroy these players, just saying.

I don't think you know how multiboxing works.
09/24/2017 07:21 AMPosted by Nøøne
09/24/2017 07:19 AMPosted by Taurotragus

I don't think you know how multiboxing works.
I think you don't know how Multiboxing works but I do know you like to complain.
09/24/2017 07:18 AMPosted by Nøøne
Basically because Blizzard is getting paid. Technically it may go against their ToS in relation to using bot programs in game but I guess they don't care because of 'reasons'.

Bots are automated. Multiboxing software is one button press = one action. Not that I'm for or against MBing, but it is not botting.
09/24/2017 07:18 AMPosted by Nøøne

It doesn't go against ToS or use bots... read the reply from blizzard I linked above ^^^
Personally I hate Multi-Boxxing and would love to see it gone. But I accept thats not happening and I'm mostly okay with that. Although I do think something needs to be done about the bigger boxers, talking about people that use 6 or more accounts.

They're not using a cheat program to win a match or hacking into the WOW system so not sure what the complaint is other than you got rekt by a multiboxer.[i][/i]

in fact when they run in bg they do have an incredible advantage - there is no way that five individuals can operate/co-operate on the same level of five toons controlled by a multibox program (cheating - as described by not requiring input from the user for that toon(s))
If you think otherwise pls gimme some of your crack.