Why no Void elf druid?

Druid
Prev 1 2 3 10 Next
11/04/2017 09:17 PMPosted by Beárzilla
Then play horde the only race worth playing for new druid is zandalari anyway. its not the end of the world for ally anyway they said they are adding more races during the exp pack and I am sure 1 will be druid. Accept it move on

"Just play horde" isn't a workable solution. I'm supposed to give up my friends and my 12 alliance 110s or pay hundreds of dollars to switch them to horde?

It's not the end of the world but it's pretty irritating as an alliance player who consistently plays my druid as one of my main characters that the horde get some neat new options and alliance (as it stands right now) get nothing.
11/04/2017 09:07 PMPosted by Bawkachu
Typical that a player from the faction getting 2 new Druid options say they aren't a big deal. Moose antler forms w/ tattoo markings are pretty freaking awesome. And Raptor travel form for Zandalari trolls? Alliance Druids aren't getting anything new at launch.

Maybe it's nothing to you but, some of us want a new racial option w/ different forms instead of being tied to the same 2 races for years. I was so excited for the new races until I realized I can't even play any of them because the option isn't there.

Then play horde the only race worth playing for new druid is zandalari anyway. its not the end of the world for ally anyway they said they are adding more races during the exp pack and I am sure 1 will be druid. Accept it move on.

Also to add horde side did not get paladins so they traded off alliance get 2 races with paladins horde get 2 with druids its just the way it is. If this was the paladin forum the roles would be reversed and if I mained paladin I would just accept it

Except Horde already has the advantage in shamen.. so alliance has advantage for paladins... understand?

WE are also talking about druids here.. if you play guardian or feral you dont get to show off your character. This equates to the horde getting 2 Unique skins... imagine the uproar other classes would have if say horde warriors got awesome weapon skins and alliance didnt.
11/05/2017 01:07 AMPosted by Grimpaw

WE are also talking about druids here.. if you play guardian or feral you dont get to show off your character. This equates to the horde getting 2 Unique skins... imagine the uproar other classes would have if say horde warriors got awesome weapon skins and alliance didnt.

Also moonkin.
It'd be amazing if they introduce the firelands druids.....for alliance.

Randome thought.

Void and Fire elves...that's not tacky at all.
11/04/2017 10:45 PMPosted by Mifa
Then play horde the only race worth playing for new druid is zandalari anyway. its not the end of the world for ally anyway they said they are adding more races during the exp pack and I am sure 1 will be druid. Accept it move on

"Just play horde" isn't a workable solution. I'm supposed to give up my friends and my 12 alliance 110s or pay hundreds of dollars to switch them to horde?

It's not the end of the world but it's pretty irritating as an alliance player who consistently plays my druid as one of my main characters that the horde get some neat new options and alliance (as it stands right now) get nothing.

I have been in the situation where the class I wanted to play was on alliance before. I know how It feels. No I am not saying > give up all your friends and pay for faction change< I am saying make and lvl a toon as a alt
11/04/2017 09:29 PMPosted by Beerhaus
11/04/2017 02:20 PMPosted by Bawkachu
Alliance is getting shafted

Not if you like Paladins

I think Horde paladins should be a consideration & Alliance druids should be a consideration when they work on making & tweaking this subrace system.
11/04/2017 09:29 PMPosted by Beerhaus
11/04/2017 02:20 PMPosted by Bawkachu
Alliance is getting shafted

Not if you like Paladins

Except this is about Druids. We're also not getting any new Shaman races -- another class the Alliance is severely lacking in.

Paladins can be related to Shamans because they were once faction-specific classes and they're still not as plentiful on the opposing faction. Horde has 2 Paladin options & Alliance has 3 Shaman options. In comparison to 5 Paladin options for Alliance & 6 Shaman options for Horde (in BfA).

Druid have -always- been completely balanced though. Why would things suddenly change? Because Alliance gets 2 new Paladin races? I really doubt that is the reason.
Because it doesn't make any sense. Just because they made the mistake of allowing Void elves to be monks it doesn't mean that they should give them druids. And druids and monks are different. It's not only about channeling nature magic. Druids are all about preserving the natural state of things, and a god.damned VOID elf of course doesn't fit the bill.
It's still going to be a very long time until bfa comes out, why are you already stressing about this?
We have very little information to go on so far, also

11/05/2017 08:16 AMPosted by Keloride
It's still going to be a very long time until bfa comes out, why are you already stressing about this?
11/05/2017 06:46 AMPosted by Beárzilla
I have been in the situation where the class I wanted to play was on alliance before. I know how It feels. No I am not saying > give up all your friends and pay for faction change< I am saying make and lvl a toon as a alt

An alt I still can't play with my friends or in my preferred faction. I know what the workarounds are, I just think it'd be better if blizzard solved the problem before it even becomes a problem.

11/05/2017 08:16 AMPosted by Keloride

It's really never too early to start voicing your opinion when it comes to blizzard. They have made plenty of questionable decisions before, both with and against community opinions. I don't think it's "Alliance druid or I quit" territory yet, but I was immediately disappointed to see that I won't really gain anything out of allied races as an alliance druid player, and I'd like to voice that is all.
I like what I'm seeing in the subraces, but I would rather have a subrace that really fits the theme of the class I want it for than shoehorn one in because it's new and shiny. A wildhammer or vrykul druid, to me, would be amazing. A dwarf sized cat form like a bobcat or vrykul getting a dire wolf form would be worth the wait to me.
11/05/2017 10:59 AMPosted by Mirakulgro
I like what I'm seeing in the subraces, but I would rather have a subrace that really fits the theme of the class I want it for than shoehorn one in because it's new and shiny.

Exactly.
like what I'm seeing in the subraces, but I would rather have a subrace that really fits the theme of the class I want it for than shoehorn one in because it's new and shiny. A wildhammer or vrykul druid, to me, would be amazing. A dwarf sized cat form like a bobcat or vrykul getting a dire wolf form would be worth the wait to me.

Lore is basically subjective. Blizzard can make anything work if they want to. We have Tauren priests and paladins, after all. If you don't love a particular race/class combination you aren't required to play it, just as I won't be playing a light wielding tauren any time soon.

Druids already being one of the most restricted classes in terms of racial options, I'd take a little shoehorned lore to not spit in the face of half the playerbase by doubling the druid options of one faction alone.
11/04/2017 05:17 PMPosted by Avesara
Give us the Vulpera as an allied race and all will be forgiven

FOX DRUIDS! <3

Please. This. So much.
11/05/2017 11:29 AMPosted by Mifa
like what I'm seeing in the subraces, but I would rather have a subrace that really fits the theme of the class I want it for than shoehorn one in because it's new and shiny. A wildhammer or vrykul druid, to me, would be amazing. A dwarf sized cat form like a bobcat or vrykul getting a dire wolf form would be worth the wait to me.

Lore is basically subjective. Blizzard can make anything work if they want to. We have Tauren priests and paladins, after all. If you don't love a particular race/class combination you aren't required to play it, just as I won't be playing a light wielding tauren any time soon.

Druids already being one of the most restricted classes in terms of racial options, I'd take a little shoehorned lore to not spit in the face of half the playerbase by doubling the druid options of one faction alone.

Hey, that's also an opinion. I think "spit in the face" is a bit strong. The choice or lack thereof isn't an attack on everything you stand for, but I sense you're way more sensitive to the topic than me.
11/05/2017 11:36 AMPosted by Mirakulgro
I think "spit in the face" is a bit strong. The choice or lack thereof isn't an attack on everything you stand for, but I sense you're way more sensitive to the topic than me.

I think it's fairly accurate, honestly. With the information we have right now, the alliance get's 0 new druid options, and horde get's not just one, but two new druids? I'm not saying it's malicious, but it's certainly more than moderately unfortunate.

A lot of players are going to be really disappointed they can't play one of the new races without isolating themselves from the faction they are invested in. Personally I think that's something that outweighs a bit of added suspension of disbelief,
11/05/2017 11:59 AMPosted by Mifa
11/05/2017 11:36 AMPosted by Mirakulgro
I think "spit in the face" is a bit strong. The choice or lack thereof isn't an attack on everything you stand for, but I sense you're way more sensitive to the topic than me.

I think it's fairly accurate, honestly. With the information we have right now, the alliance get's 0 new druid options, and horde get's not just one, but two new druids? I'm not saying it's malicious, but it's certainly more than moderately unfortunate.

A lot of players are going to be really disappointed they can't play one of the new races without isolating themselves from the faction they are invested in. Personally I think that's something that outweighs a bit of added suspension of disbelief,

Especially considering Druid options have always been balanced. Just like Shaman and Paladin have not been balanced. Horde consistently have more Shaman and Alliance consistently have more Paladins. Druid should remain balanced somehow. Whether it be through a new allied race or a new combination.
11/04/2017 09:59 PMPosted by Foxmaulder
I expect that Alliance will get Wildhammer Dwarf druids later down the track.

I would race change to a Wildhammer Dwarf in a SECOND.
11/05/2017 12:05 PMPosted by Paozhu
Druid should remain balanced somehow.

Why. Why why why for the love of Elune can someone tell me why. Having both factions balanced for the sake of being balanced doesn't do anything. It's been balanced for how many years now and what has happened because of that? Absolutely nothing. It didn't fix any problem, and having one faction have more options doesn't cause a problem other than one faction having more options than the other, if you count that as a problem. In which case...how is that problematic?