Character-locked prestige grind burnout

General Discussion
I like this Hunter, but I'm kinda tired of it. For a change of scenery, I'd like to change to Affliction on my Warlock.

There are various obstacles to this, the feeling of investment into Artifact Power being only a small one. The AP investment can be overcome.

The most significant obstacle for me is that the Prestige grind is character-locked. I don't want to play more than one character on a daily basis, and if that character becomes my Warlock, I'll never progress beyond Prestige 19, where I am right now.

But you guys keep adding levels of Prestige.

Please stop the Prestige grind. Either stop adding levels (it's not fun! We only do it for the points!), or make Prestige account-wide.

Please.
Then switch to warlock, hope you enjoy it! I'm sorry purely cosmetic things are keeping you from playing alts. I too think that Blizzard should tend to my every need. But I guess I have fun on my hunter and recognize that I don't need full prestige to enjoy him more than I do now.

PS: if you're prestige 19 then you can easily stick to world quests and max out by the end of the next season, with minimal time invested. Good luck!
Not "cosmetic things", achievements.

There's no point being a permanent subscriber unless the game is a hobby. If I was just here for the content, I could keep coming to play new content for 3 months and quit.

If the game is a hobby, you need some kind of guiding principle. My guiding principle is to collect achievements, at least in the parts of the game I like to play.

You can easily stick to world quests and max out by the end of the next season

They keep adding new levels. Every new season adds 4 levels, which takes me most of the season to complete. There's no defined end of the grind, and no maxing out.

At least with 250,000 honorable kills you could get there, and be done with it. Furthermore, that one is account-wide!
It wasn't a good thing that they just add Prestige levels throughout the expansion.

For those doing it constantly, it actually is not bad, but then some players suddenly start trying to catch up months and months of prestige right at the tail end, and of course that is a huge grind.

Prestige rewards should just be locked every other season (like the other PvP rewards), and given new fresh rewards.

Artifact skins will still be available next expansion.

Aside from that, you have a couple of pets, titles and a recolored mount. Doesn't seem worth the grind anyway.
There are currently non attainable chieves (current cap is 21 honour 50) for up to prestige 25. Please let that be the last, if I see prestige 26-30 on the ptr some time in the future I think I'm going to cry.
They will add more.... no doubt. Also, they still have that midnight courser to add.
11/08/2017 01:08 AMPosted by Elorynx
If the game is a hobby, you need some kind of guiding principle. My guiding principle is to collect achievements, at least in the parts of the game I like to play.

Exactly the same for me, the only reason I enjoy games is when I can collect stuff. Wow can keep me busy for days. *highfive for the 25k club*

11/08/2017 01:08 AMPosted by Elorynx

They keep adding new levels. Every new season adds 4 levels, which takes me most of the season to complete. There's no defined end of the grind, and no maxing out.

At least with 250,000 honorable kills you could get there, and be done with it. Furthermore, that one is account-wide!

I mean, 250k wasn't initially 250k, it was 100k. Later 250k was added, and it's been at that ever since. Just like prestige levels will stop at some point (end of the expansion), probably 29. I wouldn't be surprised if a new tier will be added later.

You can gain 1 prestige every 2 weeks from world quests alone. I was behind about 3 prestige I think at the start, didn't do world quests and I don't pvp much (all I do is arenas basically, not even that much, and the honor gains are almost negligible). I caught up through world quests. Throw in the occasional Ashran or bg and you're set, the world quests alone keep you up to speed every new set of prestiges. Just saying, you can easily keep up with it while playing alts (I have 9 maxed alts for reference).

All I'm saying is, you are close enough to catch up on those last two prestiges, and cruise to the end on the waves of world quests.
11/08/2017 01:38 AMPosted by Farora
There are currently non attainable chieves (current cap is 21 honour 50) for up to prestige 25. Please let that be the last, if I see prestige 26-30 on the ptr some time in the future I think I'm going to cry.

Probably depends on how long the expansion will go on. Sadly, I see up to 30 being a possibility...

Sadly if you look at transmog set it says Season 5, 6 and 7. Since next season would be 6...

Blizz obviously has been known to change their minds, but I feel like we are definitely seeing season 7/P26-30.

I am maxed but also tired of the grind. I hit current cap about 3wks ago and the break has been so nice. I am not looking forward to the season flipping over if it is any time soon. Which by the looks of things, it will be.
11/08/2017 02:46 AMPosted by Stolenfate

Sadly if you look at transmog set it says Season 5, 6 and 7. Since next season would be 6...

Blizz obviously has been known to change their minds, but I feel like we are definitely seeing season 7/P26-30.

I am maxed but also tired of the grind. I hit current cap about 3wks ago and the break has been so nice. I am not looking forward to the season flipping over if it is any time soon. Which by the looks of things, it will be.

I'm just hoping that last season is "catch up" season and they don't add more.
It just needs to be account wide. People are logging into one toon to do pvp world quests, and then doing everything else on another toon. Even the 5000 and 10000 world quest achieves are account wide.