World PVP Changes Incoming!

Emerald Dream
1 2 3 6 Next
11/13/2017 05:04 PMPosted by Lore
With this week’s maintenance, we’ll be applying some hotfixes intended to slow down damage in world PvP:

• Non-tank specializations now take 40% less damage from enemy players while engaged in world PvP
  • We have reduced the PvP effectiveness of a number of trinkets and Legion Legendaries that contributed to excessive burst damage:
    • Draught of Souls now deals 70% less damage to enemy players
    • Cold Heart now deals 75% less damage to enemy players
    • Kil’Jaeden’s Burning Wish now deals 60% less damage to enemy players
    • Insignia of Ravenholdt now deals 50% less damage to enemy players
    • Pillars of Inmost Light now increase Eye of Tyr damage by 150% when attacking players (was 300%)
    • Scarlet Inquisitor’s Expurgation now increases Divine Storm damage by 3% per stack when attacking players (was 6% per stack)
    • The Dreadlord’s Deceit now increases the damage of Shuriken Storm by 6% per stack when attacking players (was 25% per stack)
    • Fiery Red Maimers now increase Maim damage by 165% when attacking players (was 500%)

Our intent with these changes is to reduce the amount of initial burst damage dealt by players in world PvP, especially when using certain legendary items or trinkets, giving the player being attacked more opportunity to react. While we want to maintain the “anything goes” nature of world PvP in Legion, we do want you to have at least some chance to retaliate, even when caught by surprise.
Not to sound ungrateful....but a little too late in my opinion.

EDIT: Also, I can't wait to see how the "gods of World PvP" will deal with this.
Thank god.
11/13/2017 05:16 PMPosted by Jalën

Definitely should've been done in the first few months of the expansion at least.

However, I am grateful nonetheless, because truthfully, I was expecting them to leave it until next expansion.

At least now dueling might become viable and the activity of WPVP / RP-PVP might spike up again.
Wow, I know of quite a few Alliance guilds that might close down because of this.
I'm excited, wow!
Ooooo this will be fun :D
11/13/2017 05:12 PMPosted by Nexius
11/13/2017 05:04 PMPosted by Lore
With this week’s maintenance, we’ll be applying some hotfixes intended to slow down damage in world PvP:

• Non-tank specializations now take 40% less damage from enemy players while engaged in world PvP
  • We have reduced the PvP effectiveness of a number of trinkets and Legion Legendaries that contributed to excessive burst damage:
    • Draught of Souls now deals 70% less damage to enemy players
    • Cold Heart now deals 75% less damage to enemy players
    • Kil’Jaeden’s Burning Wish now deals 60% less damage to enemy players
    • Insignia of Ravenholdt now deals 50% less damage to enemy players
    • Pillars of Inmost Light now increase Eye of Tyr damage by 150% when attacking players (was 300%)
    • Scarlet Inquisitor’s Expurgation now increases Divine Storm damage by 3% per stack when attacking players (was 6% per stack)
    • The Dreadlord’s Deceit now increases the damage of Shuriken Storm by 6% per stack when attacking players (was 25% per stack)
    • Fiery Red Maimers now increase Maim damage by 165% when attacking players (was 500%)

Our intent with these changes is to reduce the amount of initial burst damage dealt by players in world PvP, especially when using certain legendary items or trinkets, giving the player being attacked more opportunity to react. While we want to maintain the “anything goes” nature of world PvP in Legion, we do want you to have at least some chance to retaliate, even when caught by surprise.
Took them long enough! Good to see, though.
Bears, keep being bears. You will now do even less damage to me than you already do.
Rip tae/isr/ninth circle
Also, I can't wait to see how the "gods of World PvP" will deal with this.

yup.

Some shizzlers are really gonna shine. Like bright turds. Of no skill.

honk.
Can't wait! :D
Ooooh sooo close! Now if they could juuuuuust remove them from PVP all together, THEN we would be cooking with oil. Baby steps!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EDIT: Also, I can't wait to see how the "gods of World PvP" will deal with this.

I'll deal with it by never losing.

As usual.
Absolutely HALAL
Correct me if I'm wrong but did they just wreck tanks in pvp?
11/13/2017 05:54 PMPosted by Pancakeparty

tanks never should have been prevalent in pvp or wpvp (apart from the 1 tank in rbgs) they are not fun to fight against at all.

However I doubt you will stop seeing tanks running around because we as dps wont be able to kill them (some that use the affected legendaries will be doing less damage to em).

Now in regards to the changes I agree with what most people are saying, I am grateful for the change but it would have been much nicer earlier on, no new groundbreaking info on wpvp has emerged so why now?
One Happy Boomy.

/Flap
11/13/2017 05:57 PMPosted by Andellion
11/13/2017 05:54 PMPosted by Pancakeparty

tanks never should have been prevalent in pvp or wpvp (apart from the 1 tank in rbgs) they are not fun to fight against at all.

However I doubt you will stop seeing tanks running around because we as dps wont be able to kill them (some that use the affected legendaries will be doing less damage to em).

Now in regards to the changes I agree with what most people are saying, I am grateful for the change but it would have been much nicer earlier on, no new groundbreaking info on wpvp has emerged so why now?

Yeah that's the one thing that irks me about these changes is that they're coming in what appears to be the tail end of the xpac. 3 patches too late.

Either way, RIP anyone who relied almost solely on their OPness to survive.