Don't ruin game 2nd time

Classic Discussion
No class/spec "balancing"

No QoL changes
11/15/2017 08:16 AMPosted by Toxicyoo

No QoL changes

Well you certainly are a level headed and sound minded person! You really do make great arguments for having no qol changes or no class / spec balance changes.

/s

There are people who played during vanilla who love the idea of classic servers, but also want there to be some QoL changes. You are not the authority on what players want. gtfo.
Sometimes, I like to dye my hair green, paint myself orange, sit in a hole, and pretend I'm a carrot.
there are some very dull experiences in classic wow. Changing those will not change the experience of classic wow. Pallies buffing every 15 mins in an hour dungeon is really obnoxious and not fun. Changing that to 30 mins will not ruin your experience. Also having a whole talent tree like prot pallies that are useless in every aspect is not fun and engaging. Slight manipulation wouldn’t be bad. Hybrid dps were designed for PvP and leveling. Tanking was not... changing the design of the game such as making hybrid classes viable dps I agree is a bad idea. But making them able to tank is not. There is only 1 tank class in end game and that’s warrior. That’s pretty lame if you ask me.
V1.0 is the only real vanilla and the only real option we should ask for from Blizzard for the Vanilla servers. Anything after is just fake Vanilla with sprinkles and chocolate syrup.
11/15/2017 08:26 AMPosted by Zyzx
there are some very dull experiences in classic wow. Changing those will not change the experience of classic wow. Pallies buffing every 15 mins in an hour dungeon is really obnoxious and not fun. Changing that to 30 mins will not ruin your experience. Also having a whole talent tree like prot pallies that are useless in every aspect is not fun and engaging. Slight manipulation wouldn’t be bad. Hybrid dps were designed for PvP and leveling. Tanking was not... changing the design of the game such as making hybrid classes viable dps I agree is a bad idea. But making them able to tank is not. There is only 1 tank class in end game and that’s warrior. That’s pretty lame if you ask me.

It does not matter if you think it is lame. Do you know every class only had 1 set of Tier gear? Yep. Palies only had Lawbringer and guess what. It was designed SOLELY for healing. Not Ret Not Tank. So how are you going to fix that? O thats right by making changes to the game that makes the game more like Retail. Well if I wanted retail would I not have played Retail sometime in the last 4 years? Yea. But I dont want to play Retail. I want to play where Warriors were the ONLY tank class for Raiding.
11/15/2017 08:19 AMPosted by Flaks
Well you certainly are a level headed and sound minded person! You really do make great arguments for having no qol changes or no class / spec balance changes.

/s

There are people who played during vanilla who love the idea of classic servers, but also want there to be some QoL changes. You are not the authority on what players want. gtfo.

They are trying to get players who will play long-term, and people who do ask for QoL and class balancing will likely not stay on vanilla for as long as the people against those things.
YES! to class/spec balance

NO! to QoL changes
Considering it was ruined for me from the start specifically because it took them so long (till wrath) to get ret to be fully accepted as a viable raid pick, I'm saying don't !@#$ it up this time by leaving things broken, such as "lolret"

11/15/2017 08:34 AMPosted by Lailth
They are trying to get players who will play long-term, and people who do ask for QoL and class balancing will likely not stay on vanilla for as long as the people against those things.

You have literally no way of knowing that and are using a logical fallacy and/or incorrect assumptions to come to that conclusion. I'll ask that you stop assuming things you don't and can't possibly know just because it helps your narrative out.
11/15/2017 08:26 AMPosted by Zyzx

I like being a buff bot thank you very much that's what comes with being a support class. Also paladin tanks aren't useless just not optimal. They are great for aoe and handle well in dungeons. As for raids i know there was one guild on a private server who had a prot pally tank as an experiment and i'm pretty sure they made it all the way through aq ( not saying without any difficulty or tribulation just that it could be done)

Nice attitude to have there. I officially strip you of your Paladin powers. May the Light have mercy on your soul.

Now then... Classic is a piece of gaming history. Changing anything means it is not Classic anymore.

Stop trying to shoehorn your own preferences in where they do not belong. You have modern WoW for that.
Solution for pleasing both sides would be creaeting two kinds of realms

"World of Warcraft Classic: Remastered" with balancing changes, few graphical and cosmetic tweaks.

and

"World of Warcraft Classic: Original" without changes

Apart from ppl who prefer Vanilla, and ppl prefering BFA, there is also folks who prefered TBC/WOTLK/MOP
11/15/2017 08:35 AMPosted by Akaidian
I'm saying don't !@#$ it up this time by leaving things broken, such as "lolret"

This. Is. Not. A. New. Expansion. This is a piece of gaming history. You cannot just insert something and have it be true to what once was.

You want ret? Play modern WoW - it's right there for you.
I'm starting to see signs that they plan to sell remastered copies of WoW
11/15/2017 08:16 AMPosted by Toxicyoo

No QoL changes

/s

I started in Wrath and i don't want any changes. I want to experience the game as close as i possibly can to the original.