Why should I raid in BFA?

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
So we are removing tier bonuses now? I can already get better gear from doing mythic plus in 1/4 of the time it takes me to do H ToS. So other than maybe a trinket here and there what is the point? If I can get better gear from doing something else, I'll do that. The only reason I keep raiding is to get that sweet sweet tier(that I don't get anyways).

For example I do a +10, at the end of the week I get a 935+. I do H ToS I might get a 915+. why should I even raid anymore.
I suspect that the answer is the azerite (or however it's spelled) gear.

On the other hand, M+ is significantly more entertaining than raiding, so I don't see a problem with less incentive to raid.
Well I don't care too much for raiding in BFA because all the bad guys of wow have already been dealt with...

Arthas, Deathwing, Archimonde, Kil'jaedan and by that point Sargeras....

the big big demons and baddies of wow have all been sorted out...

so raiding will just be a hobby for fun from next expansion onwards
11/15/2017 12:52 AMPosted by Elae
Well I don't care too much for raiding in BFA because all the bad guys of wow have already been dealt with...

Arthas, Deathwing, Archimonde, Kil'jaedan and by that point Sargeras....

the big big demons and baddies of wow have all been sorted out...

so raiding will just be a hobby for fun from next expansion onwards

But why would I raid if I can get better gear from mythic+
11/15/2017 12:43 AMPosted by Shamanamahs
why should I even raid anymore.

Because you like doing it?

Why do anything?
Uh there is still some baddies left unattended., N'Zoth and Queen Azshara are still very much active in-game.
My guess is that the gear we get from raids will have the best bonuses in terms of Azerite. Raiding is the biggest cornerstone of WoW's gameplay, so they'll find a way to make it a goal.
11/15/2017 12:54 AMPosted by Dokkálfar
Uh there is still some baddies left unattended., N'Zoth and Queen Azshara are still very much active in-game.

Yeah but N'zoth is a nobody he is the weakest of the Old Gods.

I would say Azshara is the only real big bad I reckon but it sounds like that we dealing with her early in the expansion...which sucks.

Like to me killing Kil'jaedan and getting AOTC was one of the best things I ever did. This is because Kil'jaedan is more of a somebody boss over Argus the Unmaker who is a NOBODY
11/15/2017 12:53 AMPosted by Shamanamahs
But why would I raid if I can get better gear from mythic+

Blizz doesn't want you to because there's more $$$ in mythic+ (thus trying to turn it into an esport) than in raiding.
11/15/2017 12:53 AMPosted by Ayylmaokek

Why do anything?

I know, right. That's always what I'm thinking. You're gearing to do content? Or are you doing content to gear? It's so subjective. People seem like they aren't really sure why they are playing. Obviously, the right answer is what you mentioned.
11/15/2017 12:53 AMPosted by Ayylmaokek

Why do anything?

I only like doing it because of the gear, I will do whatever gets me better gear. The 0.01% elitists.
I'm really looking forward to it. With the legendaries and the tier sets this whole expansion has been a mess. No more being forced to wear a lower ilvl piece or one with bad stats cause it's 'tier'
11/15/2017 01:02 AMPosted by Maryine
I'm really looking forward to it. With the legendaries and the tier sets this whole expansion has been a mess. No more being forced to wear a lower ilvl piece or one with bad stats cause it's 'tier'

That removes the reason to raid tho.
11/15/2017 12:59 AMPosted by Shamanamahs
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Why do anything?

I only like doing it because of the gear, I will do whatever gets me better gear. The 0.01% elitists.

Let me ask you something then. If someone sees something that they want to get in the game, and then puts in the time and effort necessary to get it, what is the issue? Are you saying that's a less valid way to play than any other way? Rewards to chase after have always been a part of games. Whether that reward is knowing what happens next in the story, being able to clear challenges, or being decked out in shiny armor, why is that an issue?

It's a really simple question. What will be the reward to strive for when you are a raider? For some people its gear, some people its mounts, some people its titles, transmog, achievements, prestige. Some people have fun working towards it and some people don't. It's not unreasonable to ask what incentives there will be for a specific playstyle. Working towards a desirable goal isn't bad.

Let me ask you something then. If someone sees something that they want to get in the game, and then puts in the time and effort necessary to get it, what is the issue? Are you saying that's a less valid way to play than any other way? Rewards to chase after have always been a part of games. Whether that reward is knowing what happens next in the story, being able to clear challenges, or being decked out in shiny armor, why is that an issue?

It's a really simple question. What will be the reward to strive for when you are a raider? For some people its gear, some people its mounts, some people its titles, transmog, achievements, prestige. Some people have fun working towards it and some people don't. It's not unreasonable to ask what incentives there will be for a specific playstyle. Working towards a desirable goal isn't bad.

So let me tell you the story of my people. You raid for gear, you get said gear, you stand in org/SW showing off said gear. No longer is the case. There are so many different ways to obtain the same ilvl gear w/o ever stepping into a raid. This should not be the case.
Tiers bonuses are going
Tier sets are staying

You are no longer restricted to the 2 -4 set bonus and can freely equip whatever gear you want in those slots

If anything this makes it easier for the raiders as they don't have to worry of being benched because rngeus did not give them 4 set bonus
11/15/2017 01:03 AMPosted by Shamanamahs
11/15/2017 01:02 AMPosted by Maryine

Uh people raid because they find it fun and good gear comes from it. Personally I don't care if Tier sets are removed, the bonuses are a lot better now than they used to be and you get some ridiculous damage inflation when you put a set together which is nuts.
says the guy with 0 tier pieces.
11/15/2017 01:10 AMPosted by Lorlanna
11/15/2017 01:03 AMPosted by Shamanamahs

Uh people raid because they find it fun and good gear comes from it. Personally I don't care if Tier sets are removed, the bonuses are a lot better now than they used to be and you get some ridiculous damage inflation when you put a set together which is nuts.

Good gear will no longer come from raiding.
11/15/2017 01:08 AMPosted by Shamanamahs

So let me tell you the story of my people. You raid for gear, you get said gear, you stand in org/SW showing off said gear. No longer is the case. There are so many different ways to obtain the same ilvl gear w/o ever stepping into a raid. This should not be the case.

It shouldn't be the case, no, and I agree with that. I believe that raids should give the best gear, as well as be the hardest content for PvE players. For all the time, effort and difficulty, there should be an appropriate payoff. Effort vs reward is big on my list.