25 % +difficulty to Raids because of Addons

Classic Discussion
11/19/2017 08:16 AMPosted by Kolben
The easy answer to this will be a beta tuning and PTR.

Just blanket adding difficulty isn’t how Blizzard would ever do something.

Also remember that good DPS early on is going to be something like 300 and healers can’t heal bomb max rank. You also get mechanics like silences, curses and mana burns back.

I was just going to say...has everyone forgot about beta testing? Should solve any tuning issues.
I seem to remember having to carefully choose a few addons that I wanted, due to the cache or some such only being able to manage a certain amount of addon memory.... seems that might be a away to go, forcing people to choose and manage their addons carefully because only so much can be going at once.
For the folks that live and breathe video games, yeah, they probably will clear more quickly, if for no other reason than to “beat” Classic WoW and go back to mythic whatever. It’s not like vanilla raids are impossible, and we shouldn’t pretend they are. They’re just difficult for normal folks with responsibilities, careers, families, etc.

Even the few who actually do handle it, well, they won’t be staying. They’ll make their forum posts, videos, and whatnot, but it won’t really matter to me at all. Just want to play the game that I miss. They don’t. They want some epeen time, if they even bother, lol.

Raiding isn’t the point anymore, personally. Hasn’t been since Wrath. Doubt I’ll have time to do more than UBRS and, hopefully, 10 man Strat/Scholo from time to time.

The most that can be hoped for is that some of these hardcore twitch mythic raiders will develop an honest appreciation for the difference they encounter.
Few guilds will clear the content but it will require many hours a day to do so. I really dont see how blizz could use a late patch that trivializes the raid content as that would ruin the games longevity overall. I actually think they will adjust difficulty based on the beta testing. We will see.
They have to tuned the content! fun is challenging
Nope. Why? Not true vanilla. Suck it purists
Blizzard should just make a new UI and remove the addon option
11/19/2017 07:28 AMPosted by Lagspike
11/19/2017 07:23 AMPosted by Thokar
Had addons in vanilla. Raid frames etc. No difference.

Vanilla players today have things like Grid. 2005 vanilla players had Emergency Assist of w/e it was called. Two entirely different healing styles. A Grid style addon is infinitely better.

That being said, I dont think the difference is enough to wrrent a buff just for the sake of addons. Buff because of 1.12 gear/talents? Sure. But not because addons are better.

Code evolves, people create new and better ways to do things. Add-ons were part of the Vanilla experience, do people really take issue with people coding better add-ons?

What a ridiculous opinion that is.
11/19/2017 10:12 AMPosted by Lietsfuery
Nope. Why? Not true vanilla. Suck it purists

Purist here. Add-ons were a large part of Vanilla, penalizing anyone for using them would be counterintuitive to the purist standpoint, in my opinion.
Addons werent a part of vanilla blizzard allowed them but they didnt give any direct support for them. And they were buggy sometimes causing unwanted ui crashes. And oftenly they had malicious software attached
Honestly, I was on the fence about making things more difficult originally but the more i think about it the more I believe it will be fine as is, even if it is easier for us more experienced players now. Gearing a 40 man raid is rather slow, along with rep and other areas in game / mats to farm; plus the sooner we all get to naxx the better :D
Vanilla was a much simpler game than it is today.

Stuff like Weakauras and DBM weren't really required to play well back then, so you're overestimating the impact addons will make.
11/19/2017 10:43 AMPosted by Rongente
Addons werent a part of vanilla blizzard allowed them but they didnt give any direct support for them. And they were buggy sometimes causing unwanted ui crashes. And oftenly they had malicious software attached

Uh, in almost every video (pvp video atleast) from Vanilla you'll find extensive use of add-ons. How anyone could sit here and say that add-ons weren't apart of Vanilla with a straight face is beyond me.

Blizzard didn't support them, so what? That doesn't matter one way or the other. What matters is that add-ons were used by tons of people, in both raiding and pvp.

Cutting add-ons out of Classic would not be faithful to original Vanilla
11/19/2017 10:47 AMPosted by Bloodgrip
11/19/2017 10:43 AMPosted by Rongente

Uh, in almost every video (pvp video atleast) from Vanilla you'll find extensive use of add-ons. How anyone could sit here and say that add-ons weren't apart of Vanilla with a straight face is beyond me.

Blizzard didn't support them, so what? That doesn't matter one way or the other. What matters is that add-ons were used by tons of people, in both raiding and pvp.

Some addons played the game for you and were a whole lot buggy. Got my ui crash too many times while in raids. I wouldnt like to get that kind of experience
11/19/2017 10:50 AMPosted by Rongente
11/19/2017 10:47 AMPosted by Bloodgrip

Some addons played the game for you and were a whole lot buggy. Got my ui crash too many times while in raids. I wouldnt like to get that kind of experience

Well too bad, add-ons were part of Vanilla. You can choose to use them or not if you don't like them, but they will be around. They should be around.
11/19/2017 10:56 AMPosted by Bloodgrip
11/19/2017 10:50 AMPosted by Rongente

Well too bad, add-ons were part of Vanilla. You can choose to use them or not if you don't like them, but they will be around. They should be around.

Thats just jour opinion. You are not the jury here. You have your opinion and i have mine.
You are pro addons, im against them. Nothing else to it...
11/19/2017 07:23 AMPosted by Thokar
Had addons in vanilla. Raid frames etc. No difference.

This.
11/19/2017 08:30 AMPosted by Cashorcheck
Personally, I don’t think that many of them will be able to handle even leveling to 60.

Oh come on, there is no need to be ridiculous. There was nothing difficult or challenging at all about getting to 60. It was a matter of when, not if.

Unless you meant they'll quit out of boredom. That has always happened. Blizzard themselves stated that only 30% of new players ever made it past level 10 before Cataclysm.
11/19/2017 11:06 AMPosted by Ravenskar
11/19/2017 08:30 AMPosted by Cashorcheck
Personally, I don’t think that many of them will be able to handle even leveling to 60.

Oh come on, there is no need to be ridiculous. There was nothing difficult or challenging at all about getting to 60. It was a matter of when, not if.

Unless you meant they'll quit out of boredom. That has always happened. Blizzard themselves stated that only 30% of new players ever made it past level 10 before Cataclysm.

Oh, that had nothing to do with difficulty. I was referring to the frequent tedium of it. I think many will come over and start leveling, but around lvl 30 or 40 they’ll go back to games that strive to constantly entertain and lead by the hand every step of the way.

Nah, nothing hard about leveling. Just the tedium.
11/19/2017 07:05 AMPosted by Iyasra
This should happen honestly. People with add ons are gonna be able to heal way better, dps will probaly be more aware and do more damage with add ons, tanks will have an easier time and soon. Tuning the bosses for 25+ more diffuculty would work like adding more health, more hazardds, maybe make tanks take more single target damage.

25% is a bit much for some fights
also ragnaros is hard enough, i'd assume